Back
  The GAA

Page: Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 am 

Heartbreak again. Dublin more composed at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am 

Typical sour pussed sore loser behavior from all the Mayo fans afterwards blaming the ref and their superstitious gypo curses. Load of me bollix the Dubs had far more composure as always. Better look next time boys and girls haha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:15 am 

Quote:
Better look next time

Jesus. :shock:

Game was a load of bollocks anyway. Becoming like the soccer, when it comes to Football Dublin have it sewn up. Next.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:55 pm 

:roll: That wasn't being said in the 80s or 90s or 00s when Dublin weren't at the levels of other teams. These group of players won't be around forever.

Anyway Mayo gave it their all, heroics blood sweat and tears but it wasn't enough. On basis of performance they deserved a win but Dublin were more composed in the second half and lived off scraps. The red card being a big turning point along with a few mistakes near the end cost them the game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:22 pm 

HallowedBeThyShane wrote:
Typical sour pussed sore loser behavior from all the Mayo fans afterwards blaming the ref and their superstitious gypo curses. Load of me bollix the Dubs had far more composure as always. Better look next time boys and girls haha

:roll:

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:32 pm 

Great match, and very evenly drawn. You just have to remark that the two teams were tied 11 or 12 times during the second half. Some great play from both sides I thought, either of them could have taken it on gameplay alone; the whistle blew while Dublin happened to be ahead, and in a match like this one that's not a redundant observation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:51 pm 

All this Mayo deserved to win talk is seriously over the top. They were grand but they missed some howling sitters like they've always done. They can't seem to keep their shit together under pressure either. They were 3 or 4 minutes later coming out for the second half too. I could just imagine them thumping each other in the stomach screaming 'we're not letting this go'. I did feel sorry for them but someone in the set up needs to bring some sort of cool headedness to proceedings. They were 1 point ahead at half time from what I remember..that is hardly being unbelievably better than the opposition.

The talk of Dublin being broken up is highly irritating too. Surely we want a great team that everyone strives to beat like the Kilkenny's and Kerry's? It won't last forever, this particular group are once in a lifetime stuff, some amazing footballers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:18 am 

Yeah it only takes a couple of retirements and Dublin will be back with the rest of the pack. It will be interesting whenever Cluxton retires if they can get by with less accurate kick outs or more conventional midfield approach.

The Kerry Minors will be coming on stream soon and that might see a new golden era for them especially if they can keep Clifford from going the the AFL.

Sadly Meath failed in that regard with Conor Nash although he could have played rugby for Leinster as well. However we can't afford to lose talent like that so we won't be doing anything in the Leinster championship for at least another 4 years I'd say.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:13 pm 

Looks like Diarmuid Connolly is emigrating to the States. Still plenty of great Dublin players though.

thejuice wrote:
Yeah it only takes a couple of retirements and Dublin will be back with the rest of the pack. It will be interesting whenever Cluxton retires if they can get by with less accurate kick outs or more conventional midfield approach.

The Kerry Minors will be coming on stream soon and that might see a new golden era for them especially if they can keep Clifford from going the the AFL.

Sadly Meath failed in that regard with Conor Nash although he could have played rugby for Leinster as well. However we can't afford to lose talent like that so we won't be doing anything in the Leinster championship for at least another 4 years I'd say.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:05 pm 

Galway unreal today in the replay at times. I have to hold my hands up, Kilkenny fought well in the second half but two of the goals were fortuitous and only for a superhuman save from Murphy at the end, it would have been an annihilation.

Cathal Mannion is a monster. Hard to see them being stopped.

Page: Previous  1 ... 115, 116, 117, 118, 119