Back
  The GAA

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 119  Next

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:08 pm 

With this year's championship just commenced, I thought it neccessary to start a thread relating to our two national games. Being a Meathman, I'm a little concerned that we could have an early exit this year, considering how weakened we are by the over the top suspensions handed down after the handbags with the Durty Dubs.

Personally, I'll sit down and watch any decent games over the course of the championship year. Anyone else interested in the 'bog ball' or 'stick fighting'. And keep it clean lads, with no sly shtrokes or shkelps.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:21 pm 

Ah yes, I'm a good country boy loving his GAA (G'wan the parish!!). Been to the majority of Galway's League games (yes, the league). Quite impressed with the team this year, new management has done well, couple of nice young players coming through. Very unlucky not have been in the final, top of the table for the last few games then knocked off on points difference, but definitely more promise of going far this year than in previous years.
Would be going to the Roscommon game on Sunday if it wasn't for the fact I know I'll be shocking hungover from the Rush weekend.

And "over the top suspensions" me fuckin arse! Ye were batin' too. Although I will say the dubs were the ones at fault that day. Dirty fuckers. And a prick of a manager too, he's as bad as the players (I'm looking at you Dessie Dolan).

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:54 pm 

Mayo for sam nuff said :P

High Above The Rolling Waves, In Labyrinths Of Coral Caves...
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:20 pm 

Total torment promotions wrote:
Mayo for sam nuff said :P

Here, balls, Derry for Sam, Mayo for the holidays!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:33 am 

Quote:
Here, balls, Derry for Sam, Mayo for the holidays!

Conor I second that fine opinion :P

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:38 am 

Kilkenny to bring Liam home for the third time in as many years. Come on Cork fuckers, have a go! :x

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:14 pm 

KILDARE OUT TOMORROW. NERVOUS THOUGH, WICKLOW ARE UNKNOWN AND I FEAR WE COULD BE BEAT. HOWEVER HISTORICALLY IF KILDARE GET PAST THE FIRST FEW TESTS THEY ARE HARD TO STOP. SUCH A HUGE POPULATION YET UNDERACHIEVERS.
HAVE 2 PREMIUM TICKETS FOR TOMORROW.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:20 pm 

'Mawn Antrim.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:50 pm 

spiritcrusher wrote:
And "over the top suspensions" me fuckin arse! Ye were batin' too. Although I will say the dubs were the ones at fault that day. Dirty fuckers.

Well, I think if you look at it again, there weren't many decent digs thrown. There was a lot of pushing and grappling.

And I think, to be honest, we all like a little bit of a row in a game on occasion. It's shit when you get a game that doesn't flow whatsoever because of persistent fowling and digging, but occasionally in a tense game it's good buzz when it boils over into a melee. It's fellas who really want to win and the passion boils over into something a bit more primal. It was hard to watch the second test against the Aussies last year though. Their superior physical strength made us look like 12 year old girls and they went out from the off to dig the heads off us.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:09 pm 

I think the GAA deliberately came down hard on Meath and the Dubs to try and stamp it out before the championship, as its becoming all to popular. Personally I didn't think it was much, but with the Dubs picking up so many reds all season for indiscipline (they aren't even that dirty a team) Meath just happened to be the unlucky ones when the GAA got fed up.

Its hard to look past Kerry for the championship yet again, Armagh, Tyrone, Galway seem to be rebuilding, Dublin and Cork were poor in the league and certainly will need to improve.

As for Mayo James, we haven't a hope, and the crap surrounding McDonald isn't helping either. Galway will probably put us to the sword in the Connaught final and more than likely we'll draw one of the Ulster boys in the qualifiers and it'll be good night before we ever got going.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:45 pm 

Padraig wrote:

As for Mayo James, we haven't a hope, and the crap surrounding McDonald isn't helping either. Galway will probably put us to the sword in the Connaught final and more than likely we'll draw one of the Ulster boys in the qualifiers and it'll be good night before we ever got going.

I dont blame McDonald for calling it a day the amount of abuse he gets isn't right.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:52 pm 

Sure he was only a floozy anyway :P
I'd say Mayo have a decent chance of some success this year. Tight match against Galway in the league. Would probably have won but the old unable to kick between the posts demons came back. There's a few nice teams around this year but Kerry still look savage.

Think the hurling will be quite open this year. Galway have a very good chance, nice team taking shape. It'll be between Galway, Tip, Cork and obviously Kilkenny I reckon.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:01 pm 

spiritcrusher wrote:
Sure he was only a floozy anyway :P

Still one of the best footballers Mayo has ever produced.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:13 pm 

Good thread Liam, stop crying bout those suspensions, sure didn't ye get to batter a few scumbag Dubs? Nice.

Typical huling championship run for Loch Gorman:

Trip to Croke Park for LSH semi-final. Beat either Laois/Dublin/Offaly. Pints.

Trip to Croke Park for LSH final. Get annihilated by fucking Killkenny. Tears.

Trip to Croke Park for "qualifier". Get beaten by either Cork(wankers)/Waterford/Tip. Indifference.

Then look forward to next year and the impending revolution in Wexford hurling that will see us back to Croke Park the 2nd Sunday in September, as champions, kings and legends. '96 all over again.

Repeat to fade..

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:25 pm 

TIPP TITANS FOR GLORY.

In the camogie, most likely.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 119  Next