Back
  The GAA

Page: Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:47 pm 

Tremendous match. Mesmerized from start to finish.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:30 am 

Great game, shame about the result but Tipp can have no complaints. When only one of your forward line performs, you're gonna be in trouble. Here's hoping Galway can do the business in the final. Can they match the intensity they showed yesterday? Will KK allow them to?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:40 pm 

Fuckin bangin opening.. first goal from Tipp in less than a min and two injuries :lol:
Was less than impressed with Tipp tbh
Seemed to be droppin balls all over the shop and to much messin about when they got it. Trying to hard for goals instead of taking easy points. Capable of a lot more, need to get stuck in more.

I was coming back on the Luas to hueston station with a blast of fellow Tipp heads.. and there's always that one guy who tries to blame the whole match on the ref.

'Tipp were great but that fucking ref had it in for them.. he's the reason we lost' ...etc etc

It was quickly pointed out that the ref was pretty shit in general but both sides felt it.
If Tipp had won yesterday, they wouldn't have had a hope against Kilkenny if they played like that.

I do hope Galway beat Kilkenny, Kilkenny have been on top for so long it'd be nice to see someone else take it away for a change.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:41 pm 

Also, great commentary from the 3 ould galway lads behind me had me in bits throughout :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:55 pm 

Is there anyone outside KK who wants us to win? I'd say if a UDA XV made it to the final most cunts would cheer them on against Kilkenny.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:23 pm 

It was a really great game yesterday but I can't see Galway getting anywhere near Kilkenny in the final. They won't dominate midfield and I'd say Cody will make sure KK target the Galway full back again.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:49 pm 

Caomhaoin wrote:
Is there anyone outside KK who wants us to win? I'd say if a UDA XV made it to the final most cunts would cheer them on against Kilkenny.

This popped up on my feed from one of the Kk lads I know.. the KK team facebook page posted it :lol:

Again I just think people want to see another county take the cup for a change. Not Kilkenny's fault they have a fucking savage team.
All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship x 35
Leinster Senior Hurling Championship x 69
The National Hurling League x 17

While it's great to be dominating like that.. I'm sure they must be wanting a serious challenge. Some teams can do well against them but no county seemingly can touch their level of playing?

Disclaimer
*the poster in general knows sweet fuck all about GAA... only goes to matches cause his dad buys him a ticket anytime Tipp are playing*
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:04 pm 

To be fair Caomhaoin I don't think anyone would begrudge Kilkenny their successes (ok there might be a few in Cork, Tipp, Waterford, Offaly...etc).

The fact is Kilkenny have won 14 Liam McCarthy's in the 33 years I've been on this planet. Galway have won 2 and I only have vague memories of them. No one would argue The Cats aren't phenomenally talented and worthy champions, it just everyone wants to see a new champion and Galway fans have been practically starved of it at senior level.

I know quite a few long suffering Galway hurling folks from my Dad's side of the family. They'd give anything for it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:36 am 

Of course I understand all that, all fair points. The Irish lads I'm pally with here are from Clare, Cork, Meath, Waterford, Tipp and Limerick and it's only the latter who seems to not have that 'begrudgery'. Success tends to breed contempt.

Sure it increases the Craic down the boozer on match day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:35 pm 

yeah. when Meath used to be a force to be reckoned with, everyone hated us and we loved it. You sort of step into the role of an arrogant prick, or at least I would. It didn't take much to get the perennial losers wound up.

I miss being hated. :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:22 am 

That's gas, I feel like I've been forced into the antagonist role the whole summer, and that I should feel guilty about being from where I'm from. If I mention an anecdote like Brian Cody being my teacher in national school or hurling with Tommy Walsh and Jackie Tyrell in school, it's usually responded to with 'sure that's all ye do there, it's not normal, pure parochial' etc.

Like England supporting hooligans, Kilkenny fans just feed off the hatred. I won't feel a bit bad dancing a jig in front of all of the begrudging bastards if it goes our way in the 6th of September.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:58 am 

As a Tipp fan I've never had an issue with KK fans. Generally they're gracious winners and even when Tipp won in 2011, they were gracious in defeat. Waterford fans are different though, they seem to really hate Tipp, certainly the ones near the border with Clonmel anyway. I dread a defeat to them, the parochial mongo aspect of GAA really comes to the fore. Yes, I know it works both ways and I know Tipp have a huge knuckle-dragging element as well, but it just seems more in evidence when Waterford win for some reason.

Maybe it all just depends on the geography of where you're from in a county and which neighbouring county is on your doorstep? Possibly your average GAA fan from the middle of any large county has no real bias against another county at all?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:51 am 

Very reasonable post there.

I studied in UCC, and I have many dear friends from Cork, and I love the place. The GAA fans however, when it comes to Kilkenny success in hurling, can be the most miserable bastards around. That team that won the All Ireland in 04 and 05 was full of smug pricks like Gardiner, Cusack etc and it was very easy to hate them. And I still do!

'Sure if we didn't put out a football team we'd win the thing every year, feen'. The fact that more people live in Douglas than the whole of Kilkenny seems lost on them.

Rivalrys tend to be cyclical though, especially in hurling, depending on whose doing well. I quite like Waterford and Limerick in particular, but that may not be the case of they were to sting KK in an All Ireland final. I always had a soft spot for the Antrim hurlers, as they are competing under, or at least were, much more difficult conditions and they get eaten alive every single year. More false dawns that Liverpool FC.

I wonder how much support Tiernan McCann gets in Tyrone after his antics against Monaghan? I can imagine a lot of neutrals will feel antagonistic towards Tyrone because of this, and Seán Cavanagh being the cynical bastard that he is!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:30 pm 

Looking for a ticket for the hurling for my dad. Preferably 2 at face value if possible. Give us a pm if you have any.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:46 am 

Thejuice, I've been to several All Ireland finals and there are always people selling them from the top of O'Connell street all the way to Croker. Always. You can usually get them near enough face value.

Page: Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next