Back
  Pet Peeves

Page: Previous  1 ... 749, 750, 751, 752, 753, 754, 755 ... 767  Next

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 am 

PatrickReborn wrote:
Ending a phone conversation with: "Bye. Bye. BYE BYE B-BYE B-BYE. BYE BYE. X100"

This is me, a curse from growing up in Tipp I suppose. Everyone I know there does it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 am 

kunt 4 life wrote:
or 'like' or 'you know'

But, you know like, like you know like?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:13 am 

ochoill wrote:
PatrickReborn wrote:
Ending a phone conversation with: "Bye. Bye. BYE BYE B-BYE B-BYE. BYE BYE. X100"

This is me, a curse from growing up in Tipp I suppose. Everyone I know there does it.

Happens in Sligo too. 1 bye is never enough for my auld fella. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:17 am 

brianwilliams82 wrote:
ochoill wrote:
PatrickReborn wrote:

Happens in Sligo too. 1 bye is never enough for my auld fella. :lol:

Can confirm!

I call it "doing a phone Colombo"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm 

This maybe hasn't reached full 'peeve' level yet but Christ it has the potential....

Selfie drones! As if the fucking stupid camera sticks aren't bad enough!! 2 times this week I've walked out of work to witness people standing and posing for their drone camera. One couple were standing in the middle of the fucking road with their arms round each other waving at this hovering camera above them oblivious of the bus heading towards them!! :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:33 pm 

101_North wrote:
This maybe hasn't reached full 'peeve' level yet but Christ it has the potential....

Selfie drones! As if the fucking stupid camera sticks aren't bad enough!! 2 times this week I've walked out of work to witness people standing and posing for their drone camera. One couple were standing in the middle of the fucking road with their arms round each other waving at this hovering camera above them oblivious of the bus heading towards them!! :evil:

I'm fairly certain selfie sticks have been mentioned before and they more than warrant their place too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:09 pm 

'thanking you' went away for a while but it seems to be coming back again :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:39 pm 

Music press releases... please, enough of this meaningless shitery

Quote:
Handling the guitar as her muse, Lipstate summons a sonic palette so rich as to challenge the listener to conceive of how it’s housed in a single instrument manipulated by a solitary performer.

Quote:
Marillion’s music is more than prog, it’s musically-experimental and yet-emotional. Within the genre it has a uniquely soul-baring aspect which sets the band apart and has elicited an almost religiously zealous following.

Quote:
"The endless war with one's own subconscious is something that all of us can relate to," said singer Justin Matthews. "The ebb and flow of life can either drive us in a positive direction or drag us straight to hell. The Shadow expresses this concept from my perspective.

Quote:
43 minutes of cranium crushing bludgeon rock, a relentless aural brain rape and, like the band's beloved vintage horror/exploitation movies, definitely not for those of a nervous disposition. Finally rising above convention and genre, the band have constructed their own vision of classic heavy rock

Quote:
the 11 original songs ring true and the melodies unfold like you have known them your whole life. The title track serves as the band’s anthem, a testament to perseverance and the power of rock.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:11 am 

I read that essay by George Orwell 'politics and the English language' the other day and all of those gimpy press releases are guilty of the copy and paste unthinking expressions like 'ebb and flow' etc.

That's even before considering the cringeworthy David Brent tones.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:47 pm 

Juggz wrote:
Music press releases... please, enough of this meaningless shitery

Quote:
Handling the guitar as her muse, Lipstate summons a sonic palette so rich as to challenge the listener to conceive of how it’s housed in a single instrument manipulated by a solitary performer.

Quote:
Marillion’s music is more than prog, it’s musically-experimental and yet-emotional. Within the genre it has a uniquely soul-baring aspect which sets the band apart and has elicited an almost religiously zealous following.

Quote:
"The endless war with one's own subconscious is something that all of us can relate to," said singer Justin Matthews. "The ebb and flow of life can either drive us in a positive direction or drag us straight to hell. The Shadow expresses this concept from my perspective.

Quote:
43 minutes of cranium crushing bludgeon rock, a relentless aural brain rape and, like the band's beloved vintage horror/exploitation movies, definitely not for those of a nervous disposition. Finally rising above convention and genre, the band have constructed their own vision of classic heavy rock

Quote:
the 11 original songs ring true and the melodies unfold like you have known them your whole life. The title track serves as the band’s anthem, a testament to perseverance and the power of rock.

that's some quality pretentious waffle there

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:14 pm 

Putting the clothes in the washing machine.. an hour later passing it to realise you never turned the fucking thing on... spa! :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:53 am 

Nagrenol wrote:
Putting the clothes in the washing machine.. an hour later passing it to realise you never turned the fucking thing on... spa! :roll:

Get rid of her!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:56 pm 

I've probably said this before, but CV mission statements/personal overviews have to stop. They're almost as bad as press releases these days. These, I promise, are genuine

Quote:
A positive communicator with proven ability to use initiative, drive solutions and develop strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.

Quote:
Adept at analysing requirements to determine features and specifications.

Quote:
Well organised with strong planning skills and keen focus on customer service.

Quote:
Articulate communicator, has excellent communication, leadership and problem-solving skills with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.

This can't be the world we want to live in, surely?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:03 pm 

I just got a reminder for a meeting that I dont really have to attend. But in my head I said to myself "I better attend just to keep my finger on the pulse". I am not allowing myself any beer this weekend as punishment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm 

Juggz wrote:
This can't be the world we want to live in, surely?

On a similar note, I'm job hunting myself at the moment and the amount of shite that companies are putting into job descriptions to appear hip and 'down with da kids'. This is also from a real job decription for a customer service position:

Quote:
We are looking for a higher form of artificial intelligence, almost human. You have to be stress-resistant, you have to be able to feel emotions and get to know others so you can best calculate the right answer. You should have fast fingers and processors to be able to respond promptly to customer requirements. Your motherboard should be enriched with at least two language chips EN, DE.

Christ on a fucking bike!

Page: Previous  1 ... 749, 750, 751, 752, 753, 754, 755 ... 767  Next