Back
  Pet Peeves

Page: Previous  1 ... 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778 ... 848  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:02 am 

I managed to lock myself out of my car this morning, leaving the keys in the ignition and the engine running. I must have brushed off the lock when I got out and nudged it towards the locked position, but I left the door open. A gust of wind blew it shut after I got out. Not fully shut, though, but that semi-ajar shut exclusive to car doors where the internal light was on, suggesting it was open. But no, it was locked shut. Cunt. After 20-odd minutes of standing in the rain, trying to jam a stick in the thin gap between door anf frame to get to the button which would open the locks I gave up. I tried to break the small back window with a rock but the fucking thing wouldn't break. In the end, I managed to find a hurley in the garden which I was able to eventually break the fucking thing with after several whacks.

I am my own peeve.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:34 am 

Juggz wrote:
I managed to lock myself out of my car this morning, leaving the keys in the ignition and the engine running. I must have brushed off the lock when I got out and nudged it towards the locked position, but I left the door open. A gust of wind blew it shut after I got out. Not fully shut, though, but that semi-ajar shut exclusive to car doors where the internal light was on, suggesting it was open. But no, it was locked shut. Cunt. After 20-odd minutes of standing in the rain, trying to jam a stick in the thin gap between door anf frame to get to the button which would open the locks I gave up. I tried to break the small back window with a rock but the fucking thing wouldn't break. In the end, I managed to find a hurley in the garden which I was able to eventually break the fucking thing with after several whacks.

I am my own peeve.

that's a complete nightmare start to the day to be fair..my daily struggle is I have to go in through the passenger door to open the drivers door from the inside as it wont unlock from outside..but I'm used to it now..kinda....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:49 am 

People who sit beside you on the bus when there's plenty of free seats about

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:49 pm 

People who let their kids run fuckin mental in the doctors waiting room.... Fuckin crazy stuff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 am 

Getting back to your hotel room half cut, wanting to go straight to bed but spending 10mins trying to work out how to turn all the bastard lights out!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:23 pm 

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm 

Just got collared into doing a 15 minute survey at my door because I didn't have the heart to tell the woman to fuck off.

Is it too late to change my new years resolution to being less polite ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 pm 

lemmyisgod wrote:
Just got collared into doing a 15 minute survey at my door because I didn't have the heart to tell the woman to fuck off.

Is it too late to change my new years resolution to being less polite ?

I started that recently..not telling people to fuck off as such but a firm but still polite NO THANKS to any kind of cold call on phone or doorstep...its lifted quite a burden from my shoulders...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:47 pm 

Poetry Slams!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 pm 

you mean, you open the door to them??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:14 am 

Thethrashheap wrote:

Generally I dont answer the door to anyone who I'm not expecting so I mostly get caught when I'm in the garden... Time to concrete it perhaps?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:51 am 

DesTheKingOfTawny wrote:
Thethrashheap wrote:

Generally I dont answer the door to anyone who I'm not expecting so I mostly get caught when I'm in the garden... Time to concrete it perhaps?

That's a little excessive, no? You'd have to climb through the window to get in and out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:11 am 

Juggz wrote:
DesTheKingOfTawny wrote:
Thethrashheap wrote:

That's a little excessive, no? You'd have to climb through the window to get in and out.

Saved from myself once again.. Cheers!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:10 pm 

DesTheKingOfTawny wrote:
Juggz wrote:
DesTheKingOfTawny wrote:
Thethrashheap wrote:

Saved from myself once again.. Cheers!!

Drastic, but worth it in the long run!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:38 pm 

101_North wrote:
Visiting family with the kids and having every parental decision you make questioned and debated! Drives me fucking nuts!

My mother contradicts and undermines me right in front of my young lad (ah he's grand there for another half an hour/I'd say he could go without his booster seat in the car at this stage etc)...he thinks it's great craic.

Page: Previous  1 ... 772, 773, 774, 775, 776, 777, 778 ... 848  Next