Back
  Pet Peeves

Page: Previous  1 ... 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819, 820 ... 840  Next

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:06 pm 

kunt 4 life wrote:
You should have screamed you're not my real dad. And called him fake Dad or fart boy until he left.

Heh, yeah. My old man was there too - he was watching the football in the house.

When he heard it after he was a bit disappointed that he couldn't have thrown the boot in as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:44 pm 

msb mastering wrote:
We bought the biggest bed commercially available as, since it's meant to last for 20 or 25 years, why not? Then we got the best quality sheets we could with the highest thread count possible. Now it's impossible to sleep as it's too warm. I want cold sheets and a cold duvet so I can sleep. I've been sleeping in the spare room for the past two weeks. Can't even go near the wife as she says I'm too hot.

you need summer and winter bedding....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:59 am 

Quote:
Yammer is a simple idea that gathering together we can work wonders. We don't pretend to have a magic way for each of us to realize the benefits of relying on one another in new ways but we do offer outside help to those who take the invitation to heart to find new ways of working together.

This is not the future I wanted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:16 am 

Juggz wrote:
Quote:
Yammer is a simple idea that gathering together we can work wonders. We don't pretend to have a magic way for each of us to realize the benefits of relying on one another in new ways but we do offer outside help to those who take the invitation to heart to find new ways of working together.

This is not the future I wanted.

Ye get that shit too. My promotions have a section that is based on my activity on fucking Yammer. Sad that it gets more attention than things like DOING YOUR ACTUAL FUCKING JOB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 am 

What the actual fuck with Yammer? I'd Google it but I'll probably throw the phone at the wall.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:55 am 

This is the kind of bollocks that drives me mental, the title of Yammer has me seething and it isn't even 10 am yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:40 pm 

We have Yammer at work too. It looks like a good way to suck up to the bosses by liking their posts.

To me it looks too much like Facebook so I avoid it in case I forget myself and a call a work colleague a cunt.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:29 am 

All the social media spam from Irish people delighted England are out of the world cup.
Apparently somethings not coming home!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:48 am 

Caddy vans.

The drivers of caddy vans.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:27 am 

Nagrenol wrote:
All the social media spam from Irish people delighted England are out of the world cup.

It's fairly embarrassing alright but I would have to say I'm fairly happy they're gone. I think if we weren't exposed to so much English tv we would have a different attitude, but watching them get so euphoric and then seeing the bubble burst is always great craic. I'm also not sure if any other country gets so ahead of themselves as they do. Arrogance or plain stupidity, it's hard to to tell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 am 

Nagrenol wrote:

Not a soccer fan myself but that even annoyed me. Ireland didn't even get to the opening round.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 am 

Juggz wrote:
Caddy vans.

The drivers of caddy vans.

what have I done now?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:01 am 

hellfire wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:

Not a soccer fan myself but that even annoyed me. Ireland didn't even get to the opening round.

The English were chatting shit about winning it after they beat the mighty Panama in the qualifying group stage round. Fuck them!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:04 am 

Apparently I'm told that the media in other countries is just the same regarding their football team as the English. It's just that some countries have won it more often and/or recently.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:08 am 

hellfire wrote:

I live in the centre of Dublin city and I've seen and heard fans supporting their national teams victories after every game for the past month. I've heard the Spanish, the French, the Russians, the Brazilians and the Belgians screaming in joy and singing from their apartments and outside bars celebrating after their nation won a game.

Absolutely none of them are as boorish as the English fans, who as people have pointed out already, immediately after beating the mighty football nation of Panama, set out chanting "Footballs coming home!" every single day, days that not even a single game is being played on, never mind a game that England are actually playing in.

I've no problem with people celebrating victories in football or any other sport. But lads. Your moment to celebrate is just after the game and then you stop. If you win the the final, then you get another chance when the team parade the trophy out. But you don't need to campaign on a daily basis about it.

As for Ireland not getting into the opening round, Ireland placed as runner's up in their group round and then lost to Denmark for a place in the opening round of the proper tournament. But that's sort of missing the point.

Page: Previous  1 ... 814, 815, 816, 817, 818, 819, 820 ... 840  Next