Back
  Pet Peeves

Page: Previous  1 ... 815, 816, 817, 818, 819, 820, 821 ... 840  Next

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:29 pm 

It´s a lack of humility and cop on. Modric sums it up perfectly here: https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/07 ... d-croatia/

It must have been very satisfying beating them in the end. Croatia looked stronger, hungrier and technically superior. Fair play to them. I´d love to see them win it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:20 pm 

Road Tar
I’m all for repairing the roads, but patching up potholes during one of the hottest spells, especially when the council puts down a big blob of tar and lets the passing traffic press it down, tar still hasn’t set and is getting stuck to everything, car tyres, shoes, door mat…

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:44 pm 

OK I'll allow this one :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:41 pm 

England getting knocked out in the semi-final rather than crushed in the final. That would have hurt them so much more. I was hoping they'd go out on penalties.

On the flipside, we won't be hearing them drone on about 2018 forever.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:04 pm 

Stickiness. Now that I've two kids, the table is invariably sticky, be it with jam or honey. I've got really hairy arms and it drives me mad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:47 am 

Guinness and the two pull bollocks. Just pour the damn pint in one and stop pretending it makes any sort of difference

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:33 pm 

The filling I got last week isn't working, tooth is fucking killing me all week. Looks like it's getting pulled tomorrow.

Was looking at options if it does get pulled.. implants running @ 750 a pop.. ughh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:54 pm 

A friend of mine in Belgrade is a dentist and he'd do it for a fraction of the price, you'd save money even with flights and a night or two in a hotel.

Teeth whitening (proper job) for example is about 800 here in Spain, he does it for 85. I had my teeth cleaned there on holidays last summer for less than 20 quid.

Might be something to consider because 750? Fuck that. Your about my age so fuck getting teeth pulled out either.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:08 pm 

Caomhaoin wrote:
A friend of mine in Belgrade is a dentist and he'd do it for a fraction of the price, you'd save money even with flights and a night or two in a hotel.

Teeth whitening (proper job) for example is about 800 here in Spain, he does it for 85. I had my teeth cleaned there on holidays last summer for less than 20 quid.

Might be something to consider because 750? Fuck that. Your about my age so fuck getting teeth pulled out either.

Might be worth a check.

..if I wake up missing a liver ...I'll be writing a strongly worded MI post :|

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 pm 

As one of the lads I used to work with says, he just had a drill and all sorts of other dental paraphernalia in his mouth, but it's his wallet that felt violated.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:38 pm 

Firstly it's over a year since I've logged on and no one has said they missed me.

Secondly people who tell me I'm talking bollocks when I say the Royals should be investing in housing education and employment for the homeless.

Why shouldn't they they're the problem.

People who give me fake smiles when I dismiss psychiatric nurses as over trained bouncers.

Doctors who dismiss me from their office when I tell them they should be prescribing Ahyausca .

Social workers who say "How fucking dare you!" when I tell them if they give a fuck about an abused kid they'd open their home to them.

People are kind enough to offer me a lift and then have the brass to ask me "How would you of got home if I wasn't here?"

The fact that I've only got 17 you tube subscribers and every teenager who posts an Ed Sheeran cover has over a thousand.

The fact that I don't get a wage for seeing a shrink when the probation board reward gifts like driving lessons and a grant to buy a car at the end of community service. When I tell them this they ask me why I'm telling this.

In America a musician has the right to sue a record label for refusing to sign them if the musician is a victim of child abuse

Last edited by desertfather on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm 

Welcome back, desertfather. Unless someone's thinking about who is on MI, I doubt they noticed your absence. Don't expect a party though.

If you're suggesting doctors prescribe ahyausca for a cold or a broken leg, I'd expect them to dismiss you.

As to opening your house to abused kids, that's more than a little risky. If the kids found they got a lot of attention following allegations in the past, they might be tempted to accuse again. It's not as simple as just saying "come and stay at mine".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:55 pm 

desertfather wrote:
The fact that I've only got 17 you tube subscribers and every teenager who posts an Ed Sheeran cover has over a thousand.

sounds like you need to throw in some Eddie covers, pump those numbers up

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:01 pm 

Rather than just invite them in to their house , social services ought to become the legal guardian where, they know the kids won't be abused as opposed to playing by the book and hope if it happens again it's in the hands of the justice system.

As someone who has taken Ayhuasca it has worked wonders for depression anxiety and paranoia that has been a consequence of my Asperger's Syndrome. This is what I'm advocating and Doctors should be open to such

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:02 pm 

prof. wedgie wrote:
desertfather wrote:

sounds like you need to throw in some Eddie covers, pump those numbers up

I'm of more substance. I'd rather commit suicide than cover that douche

Page: Previous  1 ... 815, 816, 817, 818, 819, 820, 821 ... 840  Next