Back
  UFC

Page: Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 92  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:04 pm 

lemmyisgod wrote:
Anyone watch this weekends card ?

It was fairly shite to be honest apart from Khabib vs Barboza, that was a brutal beatdown, his corner should have really thrown in the towel after the second round to be honest.

Have a feeling they're going to try to make Tony vs Khabib (again) in the hopes that Khabib wins, although both are risky fights for McGregor I imagine him and the UFC see Khabib as the more marketable fight.

Watched the two main events alright. Holmes/Cyborg was really dull. She lasted the 5 rounds and fair play and all but she had nothing for Cyborg at any point. I saw Holly go for the kick she got rhousey with 2 or 3 times and missing badly.
Not sure who will be much challenge for Cyborg atm

Khabib just destroyed Barboza, again the fact he lasted as long as he did was nuts. Like you said surprised his side didn't throw in the towel after R1.
Barboza was smothered non stop then a hail of elbow to the face over and over.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:23 pm 

UFC 221, McGregor to fight..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:59 pm 

Khabib and Tony both hinting they have a fight booked. Nate and Conor posting lots of training photos. at least we'll have some movement in the LW division relatively soon. It would be good if Conor got stripped and they did Khabib V Tony, it would bruise his ego not actually holding any belts so he'd come back to fight pretty quick. though it's highly likely the UFC would let him keep it for another while on the sidelines while Tony defends the interim. hopefully it's all cleared up soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 am 

Deadly :D

https://www.facebook.com/UFConFOX/video ... 730095469/

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:02 am 

Anyone watch that press conference tonight with Max/Frankie and Tony/Khabib.

Dana White said Tony's the champ and the winner is the undisputed champion but refused to answer whether Conor has actually been stripped or not.

Absolute shitshow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 pm 

lemmyisgod wrote:
Anyone watch that press conference tonight with Max/Frankie and Tony/Khabib.

Dana White said Tony's the champ and the winner is the undisputed champion but refused to answer whether Conor has actually been stripped or not.

Absolute shitshow.

Wouldnt be surprised if they made Mcgregor interim champ.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:02 pm 

He's more worried about his cash cow than the actual sport at this stage. I'd say the new owners aren't far off that either.

He'll eventually be stripped of it and maybe mid to late 2018 he'll eventually come back for another 'super' fight but it'll be the 3rd match with Diaz :roll:
That or he'll randomly decide he wants to fight again but instant title shot.
His 'mystique' is all but gone at this stage, the only way he could really get it back is if he came back and knocked the fuck out of Tony and Khalabib.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:46 am 

Nagrenol wrote:
His 'mystique' is all but gone at this stage, the only way he could really get it back is if he came back and knocked the fuck out of Tony and Khalabib.

I think the UFC's plan is for Khabib to get a massive buzz around him by beating Tony and getting the belt and then Conor returns to fight him for his comeback fight in September when Khabib is finished Ramadan. Rumours abound that that fight could be in Russia but nothing solid on that yet.

Buzzing for tonight's main event. We'll find out who the real baddest man on the planet is. I'm favouring Stipe.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:11 pm 

Spoilers below for 220

SSTTTTTEEEPPPPPPEEEE!!!!!

Fell asleep and woke up at the start of round 2 but watched R1 again a little while later.

Well happy for Stipe, guys a class act and a great fighter, he had the cardio to last and even look like he could deliver throughout. Gotta love how he took the belt off Dana at the end and gave it to his trainer to put on him.. Dana and the UFC were so in love with Ngannou they really didn't do much for Stipe throughout. Dominated ever round 8)

Ngannou even said in one or two interviews that he wouldn't be able for 5 rounds.. he was fucked after the first round. Still dangerous with the odd bomb but jesus in round 4 Stipe threw something like 40 strikes and Ngannou have 0. It wasn't overly active but Ngannou had nothing by the 2nd round bar the odd bomb.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:14 pm 

Good card last night.

Happy to see Cormier win after all the bullshit surrounding Jon Jones. Thought he was going to announce his retirement when he was kneeling down during the post fight interview.

Glad to see Stipe win too, apart from just being a cool guy I always find myself rooting against fighters that the UFC are trying to hype up :lol:.
The first round was amazing, the rest was kind of boring but I suppose that's Heavyweight.

The Featherweight fight before Cormier/Volkan was class too.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:52 pm 

Yeah most heavy weight fights go down in the first 2 rounds with a big dirty knock out, when they go to 5 its pretty dull but Stipe's game plan was spot on for it.

Did you watch the fighter interviews afterwards, you could see at the start Stipe is still a bit wound up over all the hype Ngannou was getting. He settled down after a few mins but you know it was bothering him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:44 pm 

I couldn't stop laughing at the head on Ngannou after the first round he looked like he was either pissed or someone had just dragged him out of bed. Very surprised at how quickly he got tired must of been hoping for a quick knockout. But I agree with what others said Stipe is great. Really patient he could have went for the win plenty of times in the earlier rounds but he played it safe instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:04 pm 

Ngannou's game-plan was indeed to finish it early, but unfortunately for him not everyone stands right in front of him for his big windup knockout blows, and Stipe absorbed his shorter punches. He could be a destroyer in a couple years with a new camp/team and some focused grappling training.

Anyone that size with that much muscle will fade after the first if they're swinging for home runs for the whole first round. If he actually used technique instead of raw power to escape bad spots on the ground then he probably could have saved more energy too.

If Cain somehow rises from the dead healthy then him against Stipe is the fight everyone wants to see. the HW division is a dearth other than that. that really nail it down that Stipe is the best all time UFC heavyweight if he wins that.

Bergos v Kattar was indeed great. Two Duracell bunnies jabbing the shit out of each other.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:29 pm 

Mags wrote:
Ngannou's game-plan was indeed to finish it early, but unfortunately for him not everyone stands right in front of him for his big windup knockout blows, and Stipe absorbed his shorter punches. He could be a destroyer in a couple years with a new camp/team and some focused grappling training.

Anyone that size with that much muscle will fade after the first if they're swinging for home runs for the whole first round. If he actually used technique instead of raw power to escape bad spots on the ground then he probably could have saved more energy too.

I know he was obviously carrying a lot of weight around sure he's a monster. Stipe is the same height and 20 pounds lighter but Ngannou looked so much bigger then him. I just think he didn't prepare properly when he was that bad after the first round. He should have done a lot more cardio for the fight. Very stupid to put all your eggs into one basket thinking you will knock the champion out in the first round.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:49 pm 

It worked for him so far and his team and all the UFC promo led him to believe that he would do the same to Stipe. That's why he believed it was the only outcome.

He was for sure training his cardio but no amount of extra cardio training would have changed the result. He would need a physique more like Stipe's if he wanted to be able to have a higher endurance and output but that isn't his modus operandi. Massive power is what makes Ngannou and it would be silly for him to lose any muscle. He just needs to manage his energy more akin to someone like Woodley, who takes his time and waits for openings. That way the threat of the knockout is there throughout the fight.

Page: Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 92  Next