Back
  UFC

Page: Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 92  Next

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:05 pm 

The cocaine thing has been raised a few times prior to these events, remember a couple of other fighters mentioning it.

All the shit he's been up to lately.. he's going to royally fuck up a career that was going so well due to utter stupidity.. but then I remember his age and it's like... ah yeah!

It would be such an embarrassment if it all goes down the shitter for him for acting this way. The onstage 'persona' starting to come through more and more.

I love that Waterford whispers is already up with a story on him being banned from the 12 pubs of xmas :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:27 am 

Mags wrote:
justincredible wrote:
What happened?

As the story goes him and another lad who is a gangster pal of his started punching some young lad in the Black Forge in Crumlin on sunday night, possibly related to an earlier feud. An older man who got caught in the crossfire, possibly trying to break it up, got a lump from McGregor for his troubles. This old lad is said to be father to Graham Whelan, who is one of the main hit-men for the Kinahan cartel. People say Whelan would not take this lightly at all. There was an article about it in the Independent this morning.

There's very little hard evidence other than a couple of blurry photos, eyewitness accounts of people there that night and an audio recording of some girl who was there recounting what happened and all the heads involved. Guards are saying they're aware of what happened but that no one filed any complaints. The Forge is supposedly a haunt for gangsters too so doubt there would people from there saying anything to the press.

They also want 900k or else is doing the rounds.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:33 am 

Blizzard Beast wrote:
Mags wrote:
justincredible wrote:
What happened?

As the story goes him and another lad who is a gangster pal of his started punching some young lad in the Black Forge in Crumlin on sunday night, possibly related to an earlier feud. An older man who got caught in the crossfire, possibly trying to break it up, got a lump from McGregor for his troubles. This old lad is said to be father to Graham Whelan, who is one of the main hit-men for the Kinahan cartel. People say Whelan would not take this lightly at all. There was an article about it in the Independent this morning.

There's very little hard evidence other than a couple of blurry photos, eyewitness accounts of people there that night and an audio recording of some girl who was there recounting what happened and all the heads involved. Guards are saying they're aware of what happened but that no one filed any complaints. The Forge is supposedly a haunt for gangsters too so doubt there would people from there saying anything to the press.

They also want 900k or else is doing the rounds.

Surely the Kinehan's should be the one's supplying the 900 kilos?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:18 am 

We can all agree that it's fabulous entertainment though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:48 pm 

He´s becoming a bit of an undesirable at the moment but I can´t help but feel he needs someone to step in and help him to adjust to this new found wealth. Them lads could easily have set this whole thing up the other night as a nice excuse to start extorting money from him. If I was him I´d be gone for the Hollywood hills and fuck drinking in holes likes that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:55 pm 

pedro wrote:
He´s becoming a bit of an undesirable at the moment but I can´t help but feel he needs someone to step in and help him to adjust to this new found wealth. Them lads could easily have set this whole thing up the other night as a nice excuse to start extorting money from him. If I was him I´d be gone for the Hollywood hills and fuck drinking in holes likes that.

Or even set it up for even more exposure for themselves. It's doing the rounds in the States now.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:22 pm 

White even saying he´s surrounding by leeches...can only imagine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/627b ... af14eda20c

That small town mentality that he always talked about that got him to where he has is coming back to bite him in the arse. He shouldn´t be anywhere near a brawl like that. That said, he´s young, it can´t all be plain sailing. He´ll probably need to go through some shit, realise he´s acting like a spa, and come out the other side. Maybe some time off GSP style wouldn´t be such a bad move.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:46 am 

Watching 218.. Yancy vrs Alex.. What a fuckin fight :o

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:31 pm 

Great card last night for the most part, except for Cejudo/Pettis.

Sucks to see Aldo lose again but suppose that's combat sports, eventually the next generation arrive and beat the old. It's a shame because he's probably the second best of all time behind GSP but because he faced Conor doesn't get a lot of respect.

Alvarez/Gaethje was another cracker of a fight, those leg kicks looked brutal but Eddie was landing the much better shots.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:40 pm 

lemmyisgod wrote:
Great card last night for the most part, except for Cejudo/Pettis.

Sucks to see Aldo lose again but suppose that's combat sports, eventually the next generation arrive and beat the old. It's a shame because he's probably the second best of all time behind GSP but because he faced Conor doesn't get a lot of respect.

Alvarez/Gaethje was another cracker of a fight, those leg kicks looked brutal but Eddie was landing the much better shots.

tbh I think Also himself makes out that the Connor fight was the reason he gets crap but if my memory is correct he was known for pulling out of fights on a number of occasions. Hes what 26/3? He looks great etc but I've the feeling it's too little to late.

Yeah Alvarez looked bloody great, I was giving it to gaethje coming into the fight but Alvarez was unreal. The movement and head speed coupled with the body shots.. those made me wince as much as those leg kicks did. Great fight.

Ngannou v Overeem.. I think overeem is still in the upside down dimension from stranger things.. that was the most insane knock out ive seen in a long time. His head looked like it was about to come off! :shock:

The Alhassan v Homasi stoppage was crazy but you can see how herb dean though he went out from his angle. Sucks but the rematch is already sorted.

Torres v Waterson.. had to laugh when Joe was pointing out how it seemed Torres just didn't know how to work the moves on the floor! She still won but you could tell he was trying to be as polite about it as he could hah

Yancy v Alex was still one of the best fights ive seen in the year tbh.. just a mental 3 round war.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:33 pm 

Yeah I think Aldo is more less done, two losses to Holloway in a row. I do still fell bad for him because the McGregor fight was a fluke and I don't think he will ever recover from it. He put up a better fight last night than he did back in June. The Alvarez fight was great pity he didn't fight like that back at 205.

The Ngannou knockout was so good, I had never heard of him before last night but I look forward to seeing him fight for the title.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:52 am 

Heavyweights () Stipe Miocic
Light heavyweight () Daniel Cormier
Middleweight () Georges St-Pierre
Welterweight () Tyron Woodley
Lightweight () *Conor McGregor
Featherweight () Max Holloway
Bantamweight () TJ Dillashaw
Flyweight () Demetrious Johnson
Women's featherweight () Cris Cyborg
Women's bantamweight () Amanda Nunes
Women's strawweight () Rose Namajunas

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:10 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
I do still fell bad for him because the McGregor fight was a fluke and I don't think he will ever recover from it. He put up a better fight last night than he did back in June. The Alvarez fight was great pity he didn't fight like that back at 205.

I don't think fluke is the right word for Aldo KO, no luck involved there. Eddie tried to fight a smart fight at 205 but his game got completely shut down. He fought a great game-plan on Saturday night but it serves as a reminder of just how good Conor is. A rematch would go the exact same way I'd say.

Delighted for Max, he's an absolute warrior who's both highly technical and tough as nails. Don't see anyone at FW giving him any trouble. A Conor rematch with him would be one of the better fights to make at the moment, they've both come on leaps since their fight, particularly Max.

Ngannou vs Stipe is such an exciting match-up. Stipe has slicker boxing skills but skills don't really matter when those concrete block hands connect!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:32 pm 

In my opinion it was a fluke no chance McGregor would be able to recreate that Aldo match again. No doubt he's good but Diaz beat him once and should have won the second match as well Diaz is by no means a great fighter compared to others in the division. Seriously I think at this stage McGregor is never going to get into the octagon again. Even his die hard fans are turning their backs on him now over recent events and his refusal to defend his title. If he had of faced Dos Anjos at that time instead of Diaz he would have lost as well. Again I am not taking away from the fact that he is a great fighter but he has also had a lot of luck and been presented with a lot of opportunities no other fighters have been given.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:15 pm 

Obviously that exact same outcome in thirteen seconds is very unlikely, but a similar KO/TKO across a 5 round fight is a very likely outcome if they rematched 100 times. Aldo's lunging two-one is a common move of his and Conor's slip counter left-hook is pretty much his signature shot. If that fight went on longer it would've happened anyway. What happened was very improbable but only because it happened so quick. It was due to skill not luck so that's why I take issue with calling it a fluke. Conor's reach and distance control is a major advantage against anyone smaller than him. (Eddie fight a prime example)

Only Diaz fans thought Diaz won the second fight, it was a close fight but who won each round was pretty clear. Diaz isn't a top 5 fighter but his strengths are Conor's kryptonite more or less. I don't think we can say how the RDA fight would've went. RDA's chin is more susceptible than Nate's and RDA killed himself to get down to 155. Would've loved to see that fight.

He's been given a lot of special opportunities for sure but he's the one who has promoted himself to be in a position where he can demand these things. I think people often forget how good he is just because of all the non-fighting bullshit he does. He's a tough opponent for any of the LW top 5.

As may be apparent I'm a bit of a McGregor fanboy but would put myself in the turning my back on him camp. Gotten sick of it tbh and just going to ignore what's he up to unless he signs a fight. He has to unify the belt against Tony and defend some more otherwise his legacy isn't going to be GOAT-worthy.

Page: Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 92  Next