Back
  UFC

Page: Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 pm 

I don't care if he doesn't fight again at this stage I just want the Lightweight division to get rolling again.

You have Ferguson who wants to unify the belts and you also have Khabib vs Barboza at the end of the month and the winner of that will deserve a title shot too but will be left waiting.

Dana White said last week Conor might never fight again but if that's the case they should just strip him, it's gone beyond a joke now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 pm 

Sure it was November 2016 when he last fought.. since them it's been a shit show of fuckery.
Entertaining at times but for most people it's gotten old bar the all 'the lads' who blindly love McGregor but couldn't name another fighter outside the last 5 or 6 he's fought.

I always hoped he'd fight through as normal for 2017 and then just get out of it once he'd made a shit ton and before he got permanent damage inflicted on him. Now it's a case of not really caring.
With Dana saying he might not be back.. half the times I just assume they know he will be back and it's more gimmick shit for the OMG HE'S BACK FOR THE DIAZ #3 etc etc :|

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:36 pm 

GSP vacated the Middleweight belt, Robert Whittaker has been promoted to official champion and he's defending against Luke Rockhold in February.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:49 pm 

UFC has become from fucking dog and pony show with all this fuckery.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 pm 

Miocic will defend against Ngannou at 220.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:12 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
UFC has become from fucking dog and pony show with all this fuckery.

Well at least GSP isn't hogging the belt with no intention of defending it. He essentially just unclogged the MW division and restored order. Whittaker rightfully should be the champ and Rockhold is the only one in the top 5 in the win column so win win all round.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:43 pm 

He may not be back, was he not diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis?

Sad as I was looking forward to seeing him defend the belt against Whittaker.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:43 pm 

Apparently he has, it all seems a bit convenient for me though. If I were to put on my conspiracy hat I'd say he probably didn't feel as good in the weight class as he thought he would and the illness is to save from getting flak from the fans. Either that or he never intended to defend in the first place and he just saw Bisping as the easiest chance he's ever going to have of winning a title in a second weight class.

I imagine the goal for the UFC is probably to eventually make him vs McGregor.

Speaking of McGregor, the latest rumours are that he's apparently boxing Manny Pacquiao ( :roll: ) or that he's fighting Tony Ferguson in March.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:43 pm 

Eddie Alvarez.. it's like he just learned a new word and now has to keep saying it in every interview possible 'violent'.
I'm the most violent fighter..
I'm violent..
Let's make a new belt for the most violent fighter..
:roll:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:52 pm 

Speaking of violent, any one see mini Eddie Alvarez's (aka Marlon Moraes) knockout last week ?

Brutal stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtqdGGz74Ow

There's a cracker of a card headlined by Robbie Lawler and Rafael Dos Anjos on tonight too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:53 pm 

Yeah that was a nuts.. solid knee to the head. People are genuinely worried for him.
Work Xmas party at hotel tonight.. few of the lads chipped in for a double room and have everything set up to watch it after the party :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:40 pm 

Been watching a ton of old fights, but jesus of all the ones that standout for brutality def Lawler vrs MacDonald has to be up there near the top. Fuckin insanity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:05 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
Been watching a ton of old fights, but jesus of all the ones that standout for brutality def Lawler vrs MacDonald has to be up there near the top. Fuckin insanity

Probably the best fight I've ever seen. I watched it live and it was just brutal!

Lawlor V RDA recently was awesome too. That 40+ strike attack RDA hit Lawlor with was amazing to watch!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:28 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:

Probably the best fight I've ever seen. I watched it live and it was just brutal!

Lawlor V RDA recently was awesome too. That 40+ strike attack RDA hit Lawlor with was amazing to watch!

Yeah that was nuts, took it like a champ too. Gotta wonder what he's goa be like in 10 years!

Forrest Griffin vrs Stephan Bonnar I think is still one of my favourite fights and the one that really got me into UFC.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:13 pm 

Anyone watch this weekends card ?

It was fairly shite to be honest apart from Khabib vs Barboza, that was a brutal beatdown, his corner should have really thrown in the towel after the second round to be honest.

Have a feeling they're going to try to make Tony vs Khabib (again) in the hopes that Khabib wins, although both are risky fights for McGregor I imagine him and the UFC see Khabib as the more marketable fight.

Page: Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next