Back
  UFC

Page: Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 87  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:13 am 

To be fair he kinda was shafted out of the title fight, he was the highest ranked Lightweight behind Ferguson and Khabib on the card, and the UFC have had a lot of problems with Iaquinta so I doubt they wanted to give it to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:59 pm 

Just on Iaquinta ... he went from the shit pile to probably back in the UFC's good books and then declines a fight.. so back on the shit heap again I'd say :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:42 pm 

I think he's just purposefully fucking with them at this point, or trying to get them to cut him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:01 pm 

lemmyisgod wrote:
To be fair he kinda was shafted out of the title fight, he was the highest ranked Lightweight behind Ferguson and Khabib on the card, and the UFC have had a lot of problems with Iaquinta so I doubt they wanted to give it to him.

If Chiesa has ended up with the title fight I don’t think anybody would have known who he was! Iaquinta is from Long Island so at least they could market that. It’s sll moot at this stage. Both Duke Roufus and Anthony Pettis have alluded to a rebirth and new found hunger etc. I would love to see it but we’ve heard it many times from Pettis.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:47 pm 

There's a good chance the UFC announce a big fight during the broadcast this weekend. lots of rumours abound that Conor v Khabib is set for UFC229 in Vegas. If it's not that then maybe another Lesnar return.

Great card this weekend. I'm seeing decision wins for Stipe and Max. I hope Ngannou v Lewis is nothing but swangin and bangin. Felder v Perry should be a violent one too and eager to see what the juiciest boi Costa can do to Uriah Hall.

Richie Smullen is fighting on the TUF card on Friday also, will be good to see how he fares after dropping out of TUF before he even got a chance to prove himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:48 pm 

tbh I'm not sure if I am that bothered with the a Connor V Khabib fight.. Would have been nice if he did it after the Edgar fight a year and a half a go.
I mean I'll watch it but I think after seeing how Khabib fucked around in the Iaquinta fight and Connor being off for what is close to two years.. I dunno it's just lost its spark to me.

Brining guys like Lesnar back into the mix is just a bit of a piss take and obviously just to draw numbers/money. I mean He fought 7 times between 2008 - 2011 and lost 3 of those. Then came back in 2016 against Hunt and that was overturned because 'surprise surprise' he pissed hot :o
Maybe if it was to fight Cain.. cause I'd like to see Cain punch the absolute snot out of him :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:31 pm 

There's so many questions over that Conor V Khabib fight that I'm still intrigued by it. Khabib needs to fight Conor or Tony to properly establish himself as champion, and if Conor came back and absolutely starched him then the whole country as well as most UFC fans would be in McGregor-mania mode again. McGregor has been out my mind for the past while but my god would I love to see him fight again. Every one of his fights has been a thing of beauty to witness. A smashing from Khabib wouldn't be the worst either, would be a good humbling for him.

Lesnar vs Jones seems to be the match-up that is being thrown around. It is of course only for money and numbers but that's what the UFC need these days. Seems fair if they're both juicers! :lol:

I would LOVE to see Cain come back but I'm not gonna hold out hope, his body has taken a lot of wear over the years. He was moving about training boxing with DC in this weeks embedded though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:02 pm 

Mags wrote:
I would LOVE to see Cain come back but I'm not gonna hold out hope, his body has taken a lot of wear over the years. He was moving about training boxing with DC in this weeks embedded though.

Yeah saw that and was like... oh oh oh. DC is so gay for him it's hilarious :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:07 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
Mags wrote:

Yeah saw that and was like... oh oh oh. DC is so gay for him it's hilarious :lol:

What are you talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 pm 

They would never fight but I’m 100% sure cain would wallop dc around the ring. It supposed to be Lesnar vs the miocic Dc winner which is stupid at best. Either one of those two would smash Lesnar and that goon doesn’t deserve anything like a title shot. I would still watch it though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:28 pm 

I love the freakshow fights. It's what made the UFC and Pride so entertaining back in the day. Conor v Khabib too, yeah he's acting the dick and Khabib I can't stand, but it's going to be sensational. I homestly think Connor can beat him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:41 pm 

lemmyisgod wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:
Mags wrote:

What are you talking about?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:57 am 

Here we fucking go again.. the fuckery starts!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:13 am 

I knew there was something wrong with him the other day when I watched this interview, he can barely open his eyes.

If it's something to do with the weight cut he really needs to move up to Lightweight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY_AoPPBoxQ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:24 am 

The more I see of the weight cutting, the more I'd prefer it went back to the Pride days. No hods barred, juice whatever you want. It's two men in a ring trying to kill eachother. Why did it need to turn so much into a sport I'll never understand. I'm not very impressed when some big guy cuts a lot of weight and beats a smaller lad. I was much more impressed when Frank Mir tapped out Brock back in the day. Vitor Belfort blown up was something truly amazing to behold.

Page: Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 87  Next