Back
  UFC

Page: Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:54 am 

pedro wrote:
The more I see of the weight cutting, the more I'd prefer it went back to the Pride days. No hods barred, juice whatever you want. It's two men in a ring trying to kill eachother. Why did it need to turn so much into a sport I'll never understand. I'm not very impressed when some big guy cuts a lot of weight and beats a smaller lad. I was much more impressed when Frank Mir tapped out Brock back in the day. Vitor Belfort blown up was something truly amazing to behold.

Weight cutting is messy for a lot of fighters. But the main reasons are they are trying to fight in a weight class they are too big for to gain an advantage. Or they are stupid and try leave it all until the last minute and don't ramp up their weight cut over time. This stupid crap of tryin to cut a blast of pounds on the day of the fight is just dangerous. Long term effects can be devastating on their bodies.

Also regarding Vitor.. since he left the UFC he's been 'WORKING OUT' still.. :shock: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:14 am 

Holloway thing has to weight related. I’d say Dana White is rubbin himself in despair. I was really looking forward to that fight. Balls.
Vitor must have a serious pre work out drink !!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:53 am 

Belfort has already been teasing a comeback on his social media, he blatantly retired so he can do a shit load of steroids without being tested and then return :lol:.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:59 am 

This happened with the Khabib fight in 223 where he stepped in for Tony but was then pulled from it during his weight cut.

And yeah I'd say Dana is sat there waiting for something to happen to DC or Stipe next :lol:

Also Vitor .. 100% all natural brah 8)

He can't retire like that and return to the UFC without going into the USADA pool for 6 months first so that would be no use to him. I'd say he's just looking for a few pay days elsewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:21 am 

Hard to know if its entirely weight related yet. He hadn't even gotten to the hard part of cutting water weight. Hope Max is alright.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:42 am 

Just hearing more about it.. looks like he hadn't even fully started the weight cutting. The symptom's had been happening before this.
Actually legit worrying stuff,.he's always had a hard weight cut but looks like this is something else/more.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:07 pm 

Can't link it on my phone but McGregor posted a respectful post about Max on twitter. That's cool of him but it actually just makes me worried somethings seriously wrong with Max, usually he talks mad shit about people who pull out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:05 pm 

Quote:
@TheNotoriousMMA
2 hours ago
My thoughts and my respect are with 145lb World Champion Max ‘Blessed’ Holloway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:53 am 

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/2401 ... -confident

International Fight Week is fucking cursed to high hell!!!

UFC 226 (2018):
Yancy Medeiros pulled out due to rib injury.
Hollway out for concussion like sympthoms.
DC trips after press conference and hurts ankle??

UFC 213 (2017):
Amanda Nunes pulled out hours before over weight cut issues.
Cowboy pulled out due to an injury.

UFC 200 (2016):
Jon Jones tested positive, match against DC cancelled.
McGregor V Diaz cancelled after Mcgregor refused to fly in from Ice Land for a conference.
Lesnar tested positive for steroids after beating Hunt.

UFC 189 (2015):
Aldo pulled out of fight against McGregor becuase of a Rib injury.

UFC 162 (2013):
Chang Sung Jung pulled out last minute due to injury.

UFC 148 (2012):
Dominick Cruz tore his ACL.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:48 pm 

DC fell over a speaker or its cable apparently. The fight is going ahead although he did limp off the stage. He ppv would be gone if that fight fell through. Tony Ferguson fell over a cable leading up to his title fight. He was crucified bt the powers that be.
Why is this shit not tidy on the stage??? I’m still think DC takes it.
Ortega turned down a fight with Stevenson and Edgar’s family told him he could not step in.
Did ye see Tito and Chuck face off?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:28 pm 

Ortega turned down a fight with Stevenson and Edgar’s family told him he could not step in.
Did ye see Tito and Chuck face off?

DC's pissed over it and I don't blame it. Idiotic to leave shit like that right behind/beside people.

Honestly I've no issue with him turning it down. He trained and prepared for the Holloway fight and if anything goes wrong/injury it could screw up his title shot or put it off for even longer. Stevens is a non fight anyway. Zero interest in it.
And it was stupid for them to Offer it to Frankie seeing as Ortega KO'd him in the first round nearly 4 months ago.. that's just staying in the same place.

As for Chuck & Tito... yeah saw a clip of it. Tito still looks nervous around him and Chuck all crazy eyes.
Apparently neither are getting base pay for the fight... what a shit show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:34 pm 

The DC fall is ridiculous. in the square off photo one of DC's shoelaces are untied haha. I know there's a certain amount of personal responsibility expected of fighters but really everyone around the main card fighters should be looking out for them. They're distracted with fried brains from weight cutting and all the media and madness of fight week so there shouldn't even be any environment where they can slip and fall on a crowded makeshift stage.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:53 pm 

Sure whatever happens, regardless of the cause.. it'll end up with the most annoying response that I think Dana started using.. then McGregor then everyone else..

'It is what is it' ..

fuck off :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:58 pm 

I fully agree that Ortega should turn down other offers. He has earned his shot. Frankie took Ortega on short notice as a replacement for Holloway. Look how that ended up.
Chuck looked ready to start smashing heads in the spot. It’s crazy he is going again. Anyway I’m still looking forward to the fights coming up.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:30 pm 

Chiesa missed weight!!!!!! What are these boys up to?!

Page: Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next