Back
  NFL 17/18

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:11 pm 

Preseason's underway, so I guess it's time for the new season thread.

Favre finally decided to stay retired after leading the Vikings on a merry dance, and Michael Vick's is back, and is now with the Eagles. And Mini Manning's now getting 15 mill per year. And Chad Johnson is officially Ochocinco according to the NFL.

And the Jets, after many years of continual sold out games, as a result of only selling season tickets, now find themselves in a position of trying to flog tickets to the public. Two years ago, the waiting list was over 10,000. Now? Apparently they've got 35,000 tickets yet to sell as a result of season ticket holders cancelling because of the PSL scam in the new stadium. I got an email from the Jets offering me 20% off if I bought a season's worth, or 15% off, if I just bought half. :lol:

And the ridiculous thing is, that cunt Woody Johnson will blame the fanbase. Not him and his advisors for continually financially raping Jets fans in worsening economic times. Raising ticket prices every season, even after 4-12 seasons? Charging up to 50% more than the Giants for the PSLs despite the fact the Giants have actually won something in the last 40 years?

At least with being locked into the lease on the new stadium, he won't be able to move the team to LA now.

Last edited by mower liberation front on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:00 pm 

Very excited that we've gotten Vick in the Eagles camp now. It was always one of those horrible things to think, what if McNabb gets injured, and all though the second string guys did a great job previously, its going to be great having someome like Vick be able to pick up.

Interesting to see how theyre going to play on the field together too, alot of hype being built up about it though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:18 pm 

If McNabb gets injured and the Eagles end up with Vick as their starting quarterback the results will be hilarious. Vick really is a load of shit at QB, great arm and a great runner but I think I can remember about 4/5 really good games he played in terms of throwing. He doesn't have Alge Crumpler to bail him out this time either - look at the stats of Roddy White and Michael Jenkins while Vick was there and after he left, too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:27 am 

Whats the Forecast for New Orleans Saints???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:22 pm 

9-7 probably, 10-6 at best - defense is still ropey and they suffer badly from not having a more sturdy RB, Deuce McCallister is badly missed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 pm 

Great that the NFL is back on. Cant wait to get back into the swing of things.

Hopeful the Falcons can step it up a notch and go a bit deeper into the post season though with a tougher schedule I should be happy with just getting to the post season.

I'm glad to be rid of Vick. Excellent Pocket Passers win Superbowls, not hybrid running backs, especially those who cant hit the side of a barn.

Matt Stafford had some good throws looking at the highlights, a few picks but not all that surprising.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:42 pm 

Ah, yes,

soon enough we'll have NFL back on Sky, Sunday evenings on the couch. Listening to Troy Aikman, Al Michaels, no John Madden though :cry: , seeing Romo stink it up......likely, the Raiders coming good finally .......maybe, the Pats not making the play-offs........hopefully, Colts getting worse.......probably,

hearing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3QR5rAq ... re=related

this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcdJCAKM ... re=related

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WApopnLT ... re=related

and some of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H5oCdG2gEg

Are you ready for some football :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:56 am 

Quote:
seeing Romo light it up

Well yes we surely will ;)

The rights aren't settled yet - TV contracts are still up in the air but should be announced in the next couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:21 pm 

Favre is going to sign to the Vikings today.

I wish he'd just fuck off at this stage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 pm 

thejuice wrote:

Fuck him. It's all about Him and his Ironman crap. He destroyed our season because his fucking ego wouldn't let him sit down despite being injured. "Oh no, gotta keep my streak going!"
I hope for Vikes fans sake that if he pulls the same shit this year, Childress will have the balls to sit his sorry ass, unlike Mangina.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:23 pm 

I'm looking forward to another season of bitter dissapointment for my Bengals.

They never fail to deliver...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:54 pm 

Davy Cho wrote:
I'm looking forward to another season of bitter dissapointment for my Bengals.

They never fail to deliver...

I think their policy of signing players with criminal records hasn't served them well, worth a try though.

edit - they just beat the Pats, pre-season but still. Chad Ocho-Cinco stood in for the kicker as well.

Last edited by thejuice on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:59 pm 

thejuice wrote:

I'm in Minneapolis for work this week, and you can't fucking escape that man.

I fucking hate him now, and I've no idea about NFL!

Paul.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:39 pm 

So, Sanchez will be our starting QB this season.

And surprise, surprise, Favre claims he has a cracked rib. Getting the excuses in early, eh, Brett?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:47 pm 

aaron rodgers is on fire pre season, the packer defense is shutting everything down, i've got a good feeling about this year, i think the packers are gonna surprise a lot of people!

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 49  Next