Back
  NFL 17/18

Page: Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:42 pm 

So that's it for another few months.

I thought the game was alright, but I like defensive games. Broncos defense was just too good on the night and you could see it in Cam's eyes that he's already checked out by the 3rd quarter.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:51 pm 

Geno Smith could have won that game instead of Manning the way Denver's D played.

Manning will go deservedly down as one of the greats, and hardly anyone will remember that the 2015 SB winning Peyton will probably be the worst QB to ever get to, never mind win a Super Bowl. Even Trent Dilfer had a better season the year he won it.

And poor Eli - the face that launched a thousand memes.

And it looks like Marshawn Lynch has retired.

All there's to do now is wait til April for the schedule release and then the Draft. Two home games in late October, please.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:09 pm 

I could've won that game instead of Manning if all I was required to do was hand the ball off to a running back :lol:

It's a shame that all the buzz about the game revolves around how shit Manning was, how Cam and his WR's blew it and sulked after (I can't blame him) and the half time show. We should be getting more about how much of a blinder the Denver D played and how Von Miller is poised to become the best payed defensive player in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:18 pm 

I couldn't help but think Aqib Talib's insane facemask assault on Brown soured the defensive performance.. "Half the distance to the goal" doesn't mean a lot when you were looking at a 1st and 2 anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:23 pm 

ragnarok wrote:
I couldn't help but think Aqib Talib's insane facemask assault on Brown soured the defensive performance.. "Half the distance to the goal" doesn't mean a lot when you were looking at a 1st and 2 anyway.

Talib said in an interview that he knew that's all that would happen when he went for the tackle and that's why he did it. They'd been mouthing off at each other earlier and he took his opportunity knowing the worst that would happen for his team would be giving Carolina an extra year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:40 pm 

Manning retires, Osweiler then gets his revenge for being benched by skipping off to Houston.
So what does Elway do?

Trades for Suckchez.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:50 am 

Believe in the Sanchise.

Where's Johnny Football going to wind up? God I hope its the Cowboys.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:32 pm 

Jesus Phish wrote:
Where's Johnny Football going to wind up? God I hope its the Cowboys.

Jail, probably.

interesting draft for the Jets, took a major gamble on Hackenberg in the second round, and we now have two Aussie punters battling it out for that job. The stuff Hackett's been doing in college was crazy, don't know how it'll transition to the NFL, but he's gotta be better than Quigley was.

I reckon if we do re-sign Fitz, it'll be buh bye Geno.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:38 pm 

mower liberation front wrote:
Manning retires, Osweiler then gets his revenge for being benched by skipping off to Houston.
So what does Elway do?

Trades for Suckchez.

Who, when touted as their starting QB when they signed him, now looks like being their third stringer, at best.

Romo out for a couple of months, and it sounds like Bridgewater has suffered a season ending injury in practice today. if he's lucky. And in what may, or may be unrelated news, there are teams that are apparently interested in trading for Geno.

And Tim Tebow finally got a genuine contract offer. With a Venezuelan winter baseball league.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:29 am 

What a fucking shitshow. Fitz probably had more throws at KC players than his own team. The Chiefs D must be a bit disappointed. Only one Pick Six from six picks.

And Seattle next. At least it's giving for a nice sunny dry day, so it'll be a decent tailgate, if nothing else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:01 pm 

I was all set up for a rebuilding season with the Eagles this year but if they keep playing like this then I'll be more than happy.

Wentz is obviously getting all the spotlight, as you would if you're a rookie quarterback who looks nothing like a rookie, but the rest of the team really need to get their credit too.

The defense made a mockery of the Steelers last night.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:31 am 

Well, that was another shitty day. Didn't help that the place was almost overrun with Seahawks fans. I never want to hear that Seeeeeeeeeeee! Hawks! chant again.

And Matt Ryan - Julio Jones today. Wow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:08 am 

Yeah, it's that time of year again for inevitable fed up Jet fan rant.

Todd Bowles is a weak gutless coward. And the sooner he's on the dole, the better. Week in, week out, zero adjustments at half time. Week in, week out, playing with zero urgency when behind with time running out.
Today, two scores down, inside the last ten minutes, on a manageable fourth and two, he decides to punt. Pathetic. This team is going nowhere. Slowly.
Another so called defensive guru, who's speciality is the secondary, and we've probably got the worst secondary in the league.

This team has regressed so much. The Fitz "Look round, then throw it in Marshall's direction" default play is just like watching Suckchez target Keller all the time. Marshall's dropping crucial passes every game. Forte's at his best this season running to the outside, so we send him up the middle time and time again. Revis got real old, real fast yet is still better than most of his teammates. Fitz and Wilk got their big money deals and ain't doing shit.

The worst thing is. The schedule does improve, so we have a shot at 8-8, which will probably be enough for Bowles to get another year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:40 pm 

Geno's been named the starter.

RIP 2016 season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:22 pm 

mower liberation front wrote:
Geno's been named the starter.

RIP 2016 season.

RIP Geno's ACL, his 2016 season and his Jets career.

Page: Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50  Next