Back
  A Game Of Thrones TV series

Page: Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 am 

Emphyrio wrote:
A great history of the events/families etc. in this youtube series, narrated by the cast members. On part 2 now. Over an hour long each. This will tide me over til I watch the new episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uE04nQfO-Q

Just discovered these on the Blu Rays I have. The fact that it's the characters themselves telling you the story is just pure class. All the stories about the mad king and the history of the Valyrians are interesting as fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:13 am 

Ya, the Targaryen history is class. I didn't know the history of the Lannisters, I can't remember if that's mentioned in the books. Sneaky cunts.

In the spin off series that's being planned I'd love if the focused on the stuff that happened 1000 years previously. The foundation of most of the great houses etc. Just going by that youtube series you'd imagine there'd be loads of scope. I'd say the Field of Fire battle could be done brilliantly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:18 pm 

Sooooo!!!! Is it safe to talk about the latest episode yet?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:44 pm 

That was fuckin brilliant.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:49 pm 

Season finale preview released by HBO

http://thehookmag.com/2017/08/trailer-r ... le-148103/

I am moist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:18 pm 

Aye, certain scenes are certainly epic and enjoyable to watch, awesome spectacles etc, but the storytelling is so lacking. This season has been a potluck of loose ends and heavy plot armor. The pacing in the latest one for example..everyone has to agree has gone to full Star Trek warp speed 9. The showrunners D&D can't wait to wrap this up.

I can understand why George RR Martin and HBO wanted more seasons albeit for different reasons (George to give him yet more time for his last 2 books to come out first and expand the storylines properly, HBO purely financial reasons) but if that happened I'd rather D&D let other writers come in.

Alan Taylor did the latest episode and he delivered well considering the writing. Same with the director of EP5 & 4. We've got the director of Ep1 back for Ep7 so let's see.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:49 pm 

Where did the dead army get the worlds biggest chains from?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:02 pm 

c r u d wrote:

:lol: :lol:

And why didn't Drogon tilt his head to the right and just blast the walkers...they were RIGHT THERE!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:26 am 

c r u d wrote:

Ice Chains. Or from Hardhome where all those ships/boats were 8)

Actually, I'm subscribing to the theory that the Night King basically knows whats going to happen, having warg capabilities, and so he's prepared beforehand and knew that situation was going to turn out exactly as it did.

This plays nicely into the theory that he's a particular young warg who fucked around too much and got stuck in the past/body of a man who then became the Night King.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 am 

The big fuck-off chains thing really irks me too.
They're not exactly the most convenient yokes for packing up and taking with you on your long, slow march South. And it's not like they turned around and marched all the way home again to go get them, like.

Anyway!
Started watching this latest series again, seeing as there's only 6 episodes before the finale next week.

Something that may be of interest which I just noticed.
In episode 1... right after Sam's soup'n'poop montage, when he found the info on all the dragon glass under Dragonstone.
At the start of that particular scene when he was flicking through old books and scrolls, there was a page open which the camera focused on. And I'm pretty certain that the dagger depicted is the one that the assassin trying to kill Bran used way back. And which Littlefinger gave to Bran, who passed it on to Arya.

A lot of focus has been put on that particular blade throughout the season, including the last episode when Sansa snuck into Arya's room and spotted it on the table.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:55 am 

Watched the last episode a second time last night. Could relax though it this time and enjoy the scenes. I like the pacing but can see the huge holes in it but prefer those to a dragging out the series to make the travel more realistic. And in fairness big jumps in time happen fairly often in the books also.

When Sansa was looking thorough Ayra's room last night it also occurred to me that Ayra has killed Little Finger and used his face in the scene with Sansa/Little Finger to test Sansa's loyalty. If I am correct in this I will be insufferable for a few days.

Also after the second last episode I was expecting a slow moving episode without much action :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:03 am 

I think its safe to assume, that with all the speeding through the plot/time jumps, time is passing normally for the characters, we're just not watching it. Like Jon and the boys where trapped at the lake for at least a few days. So why wouldn't the Night King go back to Hardhome for chains? Or as I said, he knew it was all going to go down like that and was prepared. He has an army of undead to carry a few big chains, no big deal, they're fucking slow anyway :P

I dont think Arya has killed Littlefinger, but it may happen, its not impossible, especially with the way she's acting towards Sansa.

So next episode is the big meeting, possible Cleganebowl!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:53 am 

jobrok1 wrote:
At the start of that particular scene when he was flicking through old books and scrolls, there was a page open which the camera focused on. And I'm pretty certain that the dagger depicted.....

I just stuck on that episode there, paused it on the open book and read the page. The dagger is made from dragonglass and presumably from a Targaryen :o

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:05 pm 

Where did the 3rd dragon go? One obv stayed there, one left with Dany but the 3rd just seemed to fly off after the spear incident and no-one seemed to notice. Surely Dany must have realised. Even watched it a 2nd time to make sure all 3 went up norf to begin with. You see it flying off after the spear hit the other one and that's it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:16 pm 

Dragons burnanating the peasants
Naked girl walking around in fire
Big giant fuckers
Guys being brought back from the dead
White zombie types
A little girl turning into random people
Other general magic fuckery

..wait where did they get those big chains from.. totally unbelievable!!!! :lol: :lol:

Page: Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85  Next