Nagrenol wrote:
Dragons burnanating the peasants
Naked girl walking around in fire
Big giant fuckers
Guys being brought back from the dead
White zombie types
A little girl turning into random people
Other general magic fuckery

..wait where did they get those big chains from.. totally unbelievable!!!! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that bit was unrealistic. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:41 am 

Dark Stranger wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:
Dragons burnanating the peasants
Naked girl walking around in fire
Big giant fuckers
Guys being brought back from the dead
White zombie types
A little girl turning into random people
Other general magic fuckery

..wait where did they get those big chains from.. totally unbelievable!!!! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that bit was unrealistic. :lol:

In fairness considering that in the medieval era siege equipment like catapults are transported over distances its not implausible that there are a few huge carts carrying chains dragged by thousands of zombies and dead horses/bears

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 am 

Perhaps they had the chains anyway to use in some way to get through the wall..who knows...suspend belief is the way to go these days anyway otherwise your heads will be wrecked....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:29 pm 

Iron Aiden wrote:
In fairness considering that in the medieval era siege equipment like catapults are transported over distances its not implausible that there are a few huge carts carrying chains dragged by thousands of zombies and dead horses/bears

Small catapults... Yes!
The bulk of the big ones were built onsite at battles from materials sourced in the area. Trees, rocks, etc...
Ships would have been used, too.

Nerd rant over!!! :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:05 pm 

I have never seen an hour and twenty minutes go by so quickly. Raging that I have to wait another year for more!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:49 pm 

Dark Stranger wrote:
I have never seen an hour and twenty minutes go by so quickly. Raging that I have to wait another year for more!

There's talk that it might be 2019 before it's back. Hopefully not. Waiting til I put the youngfla to bed before watching it. Actually ridiculously excited. Delayed gratification n all that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:21 pm 

Fantastic episode to finish on. Couple of real heart stopping moments as well as a couple victories that have been a long time coming!

Despite the slow start to this season, I'm already looking forward to watching it again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:46 pm 

Ah man I know people haven't seen yet and we tend to post everything about episodes on this thread.. but ima hold out till tomorrow or later before going into anything on it.
Def agree that 1hr 20mins felt like 30.

I've not audibly cheered and flipped off the screen quite like I did during one scene though :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:30 am 

:lol: I know the scene you mean. Saw it coming a mile off, yet still cheered. Long overdue!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:48 am 

Didn't see it coming at all which made it all the sweeter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:25 pm 

I've enjoyed the season for sure, but to be honest I felt the pacing was off, and 3-4 more episodes would have made it all the better. It kinda feels like big set-pieces and no time for any real tension to mature. Jamie and Cersei's relationship didn't get the screen time it needed, imo.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:05 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
I've not audibly cheered and flipped off the screen quite like I did during one scene though :lol:

He was a proper sniveling piece of shit in the end too, which made it all the more sweet. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 am 

jobrok1 wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:

He was a proper sniveling piece of shit in the end too, which made it all the more sweet. :D

****Obvious spoilers****

This part didn't sit well with me. A trial was desperately needed so that we could watch the snake weasel out of it. For me, it felt really necessary for him to last right to the end. The Starks presented no fucking proof of any allegation, like!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:59 pm 

PatrickReborn wrote:
jobrok1 wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:

****Obvious spoilers****

This part didn't sit well with me. A trial was desperately needed so that we could watch the snake weasel out of it. For me, it felt really necessary for him to last right to the end. The Starks presented no fucking proof of any allegation, like!

Bran's evidence was enough for me. I think his time was up. In the scheme of things, despite his shnakiness, I don't think he's enough of an adversary to keep around. I don't think it'd serve much of a purpose .

Page: Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next