Back
  A Game Of Thrones TV series

Page: Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:13 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
PatrickReborn wrote:
jobrok1 wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:
I've not audibly cheered and flipped off the screen quite like I did during one scene though :lol:

He was a proper sniveling piece of shit in the end too, which made it all the more sweet. :D

****Obvious spoilers****

This part didn't sit well with me. A trial was desperately needed so that we could watch the snake weasel out of it. For me, it felt really necessary for him to last right to the end. The Starks presented no fucking proof of any allegation, like!

Bran's evidence was enough for me. I think his time was up. In the scheme of things, despite his shnakiness, I don't think he's enough of an adversary to keep around. I don't think it'd serve much of a purpose .

I would have loved to have seen him try to manipulate his way out of the whole situation. I suppose the lad had to die sometime!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:59 pm 

PatrickReborn wrote:

I would have loved to have seen him try to manipulate his way out of the whole situation. I suppose the lad had to die sometime!

Exactly. And with only 6eps left, there's only so much room for scheming characters. I think Cersei provides that outlet, plus I reckon there'll be some other unexpected turncoat carry-on out of someone else.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:29 pm 

PatrickReborn wrote:
Emphyrio wrote:
PatrickReborn wrote:
jobrok1 wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:
I've not audibly cheered and flipped off the screen quite like I did during one scene though :lol:

He was a proper sniveling piece of shit in the end too, which made it all the more sweet. :D

****Obvious spoilers****

This part didn't sit well with me. A trial was desperately needed so that we could watch the snake weasel out of it. For me, it felt really necessary for him to last right to the end. The Starks presented no fucking proof of any allegation, like!

Bran's evidence was enough for me. I think his time was up. In the scheme of things, despite his shnakiness, I don't think he's enough of an adversary to keep around. I don't think it'd serve much of a purpose .

Seems there was a scene cut from the finale the saw Sansa go to Bran and ask for his help regarding Littlefinger/Arya. This has been confirmed by Isaac Hempstead-Wright who plays Bran. Would have been nice to have that but then I think it would have taken away the initial shock of Littlefinger being called out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:09 pm 

Have to say I thought the scene between Cersei and Tyrion was great, really well acted between the two of them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:17 am 

They've had some stellar scenes in the past. As well as Tyrion and Tywin.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:22 pm 

Am I the only one who finds Tyrion an annoying little bollix these days? He was a great character but it's all very 'do the right thing' these days. He badly needs to break out and get Missandei giving him a cheeky knuckle shuffle in the dungeons or something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:46 pm 

pedro wrote:
Am I the only one who finds Tyrion an annoying little bollix these days? He was a great character but it's all very 'do the right thing' these days. He badly needs to break out and get Missandei giving him a cheeky knuckle shuffle in the dungeons or something.

He not as annoying as Bran.....all he's short of is a cat to stroke

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:57 pm 

Haha good point. The speed of the whole thing is leaving me with a distaste for quite a few of the more interesting characters funnily enough. Bran, Jaime, Arya, Tyrion..it's a 10 second snippetof them saying something 'profound' and then we're whisked away to the next 10 second quotable line. I'm still enjoying it to a point but that stuff is getting on my tits. At least that cubt greyworn hasn't opened his mouth for a while. Sam the only character who's a bit of craic anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:45 pm 

pedro wrote:
Haha good point. The speed of the whole thing is leaving me with a distaste for quite a few of the more interesting characters funnily enough. Bran, Jaime, Arya, Tyrion..it's a 10 second snippetof them saying something 'profound' and then we're whisked away to the next 10 second quotable line. I'm still enjoying it to a point but that stuff is getting on my tits. At least that cubt greyworn hasn't opened his mouth for a while. Sam the only character who's a bit of craic anymore.

Have to agree I'm warming to Sam myself..hes stepping up to the plate big time!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:02 am 

Best acted scene of the series courtesy of Lena Headey. Even more miraculous considering one of those damn sand snakes were in it

https://youtu.be/BaB3Bgxklr0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:14 am 

Also I'm calling it right niw, deadish Gregor Clegane has a meltdown, Cersei loses control of him and he cuts her in two. Classic Gregor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:58 pm 

Caught up on season 6 and 7 over the last couple of weeks. I still think it's one of the most overrated shows of all time. But the army of the dead is making it a bit more interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:07 am 

For the last season, Miguel Sapochnik (Hardhome, Battle of the bastards, Winds Of Winter episodes) and David Nutter (The Red Wedding, Mothers Mercy, 2 episodes from Season 2) will divide 5 episodes and the finale will be directed by D&D themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:06 am 

At least we'll have some epic battle scenes to look forward to then!

I agree that GOT has become way too Hollywood. It's all one liners, smashing through each scene at 200mph and squeezing every major character together as quickly as possible to make things easier.

That said I thought the season finale was excellent for the most part. A bit of a slower pace and a longer running time allowed a lot more dialogue and breathing space.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:09 pm 

I watched a few eps with the GF's sister (her first time watching it). Season 1 has some killer episodes. Stark (hurr hurr) contrast between the seasons based off the books and those after. Tyrion's time with The Vale on trial is a great couple of eps.

Page: Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next