Back
  Film II

Page: Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 153  Next

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:58 pm 

For those interested in developments surrounding the new 'Halloween' movie, Nick Castle, who played Michael Myers in the 1978 original returns to the role. Not sure how old he is now but good thing Michael Myers doesn’t move very quickly.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:46 pm 

The Last Jedi not a patch on The Force Awakens. Far too long and the central premise for the action, "Our big ship can move slightly faster than their huge ship" was not only tedious and uninspired but also thoroughly implausible.

Still, some great moments, but mainly spent the last 40 minutes praying for it to end.

Abrams back as director of Episode IX, thank the gods.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:10 pm 

SPOILER BELOW!

-
I will say that one scene that really stood out for me and was pretty jaw dropping to watch was the scene when they decided to jump to light speed and go through the other ship.
Dead silence in the cinema and just the image of the white line through the other ship was really something you had to see on the big screen.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:25 pm 

New Star Wars is a mess. Pacing, tone and comedy that falls flat are only the start of it's problems. Meh.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:02 pm 

Watched The Nice Guys the other night, one of the best films that's come out in the last few years imo.

I've never been pushed on Ryan Gosling as an actor but him and Russell Crowe were hilarious in this, laughed all the way through.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:19 am 

Watched a fantastic french film (engliah subs) last night called 'hidden'. Very uniquely shot murder mystery with a bizzare open ending. Havent enjoyed a film like it in years. Highly recomended.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:50 pm 

***********Star Wars spoilers below ***************

Found a fairly significant portion of Star Wars quite dull. Whole sections could have simply been deleted in the editing process. Couple of cool moments but lost in the overall scheme of things. And the fallout from it might make it a challenge for Abrams in Episode IX. I don't think Snoke should have been killed off so easily and would have been way better served featuring more prominently in the next one. And where the killing of Han Solo had a sense of the grandiose, I thought the Luke Skywalker bit at the end to be missing a lot of potential drama. It felt quite weak, I thought.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:56 pm 

Just back from Paddington2 and it is one of the funniest films I have seen in years.It has a flavour of Babe 2 Pig in the City, a bit of a dark edge, and genuinely one of the most enjoyable films I have seen in ages. Brendan Gleeson is fantastic in it, I recommend it highly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 am 

Dunkirk - enjoyed it immensely, great atmosphere and suspense, really well shot and produced. Loved the lack of dialogue.

Wind River - superb, bit predictable but a great watch - would probably put it in second place above Sicario but below Hell or Highwater.

Brooklyn - the missus chose this and i actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought i would, ah now awaywitcha!

Selma - great movie, never knew Marty L King was a womanizer and cheated on his wife.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:52 pm 

Not a fan of Vince Vaughn but really enjoyed that 'Brawl in Cell Block 99'. Well worth a watch.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm 

wez_wildheart wrote:
Not a fan of Vince Vaughn but really enjoyed that 'Brawl in Cell Block 99'. Well worth a watch.

Must check that out, a few mates have recommended it Wez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:50 pm 

Mother of God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbxd4GomQ9w

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:23 pm 

Thought the Last Jedi was ten times better than the last two films. Finally some inventiveness though I feel the director should have pushed more. Mark Hammill was brilliant. It's not without it's failings but it truly gave me a sense of the weight of the role when he transcended at the end. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. Even Leia was good. It really showed how much of a phone in job Harrison Ford had done when you saw Hammill's work..fair play to him.

I must have been on mushrooms writing this. Rewatched The Last Jedi a few days ago. An absolute mess from start to finish. Hammill was great but what a waste. The wheels are falling off this Star Wars wagon.

Last edited by pedro on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:37 am 

mower liberation front wrote:

The first is one of the ultimate stoner comedies, no two ways about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:42 pm 

watched 'Raw' last night

thought it was good but some scenes I found a bit difficult to watch....the wretching and pulling a long hair ball out of her mouth :shock:

Page: Previous  1 ... 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145 ... 153  Next