Back
  Film II

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 135  Next

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:55 pm 

Guys

thanks for a long and enjoyable film thread. Please pick up here if you can. I think the last one has corrupted a bit.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 pm 

Just back from Avengers, good but not as great as i had hoped. Hulk stole the show!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:17 pm 

Well, here's a movie about a different kind of superhero :wink:

http://www.theharmonymovie.com/

‘A remarkable fusion of philosophy, ecology, theology, artistry, biology and cosmology’ SUNDAY TASMANIAN

This caught my attention as its a subject and its main character are linked with my line of work.

It's a movie that states that we need to get back in connection with nature in how we deal with industry, economics and agriculture. But not only that perhaps a new (or perhaps an old) way of structuring society. Probably a return to pre-1940's collectivist thinking.

The main protagonist is not a lone voice, indeed others like Bill McDonough have put forward better arguments. But in this work, the protagonist shows how the imbalance that has emerged is at heart of a crisis which now threatens our very civilisation.

It tells the story of how our disconnection from Nature has contributed to the greatest crisis in the history of mankind and how seeking balance in our actions will return us to a more considered, secure, comfortable and cleaner world.

It is a story that makes the connection between nature,to the sacred geometry of medieval religious buildings, to the glorious shape of a ladies vagina. It links Osiris to Jesus and our disconnect with nature to our destruction.

And he's not completely wrong but apparently he also enthuses about homeopathy and other mystic nonsense.

Anyway it will be an interesting watch and a look inside the mind of a man David Icke believes is a genocidal reptilian shapeshifter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:26 pm 

...so yeah AVENGERS!!!

Those giant flying metal mantees were the business. Three thumbs up.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:12 am 

Just back myself from seeing the Avengers, a generous 8/10.

Unfortunately, given the nature I work in a cinema, the whole 'keep it hush until I see it' didn't pan out, My expectations were a little let down.

But solid film no doubt, Hulk all the way!!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:23 am 

Human Centipede 2 - funniest film ive seen in fuckin years.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 8:53 am 

Tesco are selling off The Karate Kid I-IV boxset for €7. IV is tolerable, if not actually a good film. II & III are enjoyable enough but the first one is a fucking all-time classic, it's got everything - victimisation, bullying, intimidation, vengence through violence, it brings a tear to my eye every time and the tunes are banging.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:19 am 

Danny-Q wrote:
Human Centipede 2 - funniest film ive seen in fuckin years.

the best use of colour in a black & white film ever.

Watched Cabin in The Woods again with the missus last night. so good.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:19 am 

god the avengers looks woeful....

The only movie i want to see this year is Prometheus.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:52 am 

Saw The Cabin in the Woods last weekend. Very enjoyable; great twist on a usually predictable storyline.

The weekend just gone, finally sat down to Tyrannosaur by Paddy Considine. It's something else. No holds barred, gritty drama. Excellent performances.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:38 am 

The new international trailer for Prometheus shows a serious amount of the film and some monster scenes, I really don't want my expectations to be too high but I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:41 am 

Have yet to see Aliens. Must get on that soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:50 am 

Cabin in The Woods - 7.5/10
The Avengers - 9/10

Men in Black and Prometheus at the end of the month. Bugger all else between now and then from what I can see.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:41 pm 

The Avengers kicked so much hole, the Hulk had me in stitches, he stole the show.

Loved the post-credit bit too, bodes well for the sequel!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:51 pm 

Incarnadine86 wrote:
The new international trailer for Prometheus shows a serious amount of the film and some monster scenes, I really don't want my expectations to be too high but I can't help it.

I really though we weren't getting any real Alien lifeform(apart from the space jockey of course) in this film, I thought it was going to be some kind of virus until I saw the new trailer. Very, VERY excited for Prometheus now!

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 135  Next