Back
  Film II

Page: Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 139  Next

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:56 pm 

Looking forward to IT. I did enjoy the tv series even if people think its shite.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:01 am 

Enjoyed the TV series as well heading to see it in the cinema next Tuesday. It's the only horror remake ever I can think of that I am actually looking forward to even though I think the IT character looked a lot better in the original.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:18 am 

Nail_Bombed wrote:
You need an excuse not to watch Michael Bay movies? The guy's a total hack... the only half decent film he ever did was The Rock.

I'm not a fan of Michael Bay but there are, in my opinion, three good films in his oeuvre;

"Bad Boys" (the first one, I couldn't make it though the second film even with Rollins in it), as already mentioned - "The Rock" and "Pain & Gain".

I saw "The Big Sick" at the weekend and really enjoyed it.

Went to "Logan Lucky" last night and had a fun time. Great performances all round. A tight and funny script, well directed and it has some deadly tunes on the soundtrack.

Watched "Gringo" the documentary about John McAfee on Netflix. It should have been great - without giving too much away, he's a grade A nut case, but the film maker is devoid of talent or skill and ends up being smarmy and annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 am 

Really looking forward to IT. Reviews have been very positive so far.

Quote:
I saw "The Big Sick" at the weekend and really enjoyed it.

Watched this last night. Enjoyable alright, for a rom-com, not usually the style of film I'd go for. Have to say I was pissing myself laughing at the hospital cafeteria scene with the parents - "So, 9/11..." :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:44 am 

I'll probably go and have a gander at IT, the TV series was cheesetastic but enjoyable enough. It still won't live up to the book itself, but should be good, I hope. Then again, the Dark Tower film has been completely panned lately - not sure how much input King had into that, though.

That 'certain part' from the book will definitely not be there though. How the hell did Stephen King think that was OK I'll never know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:51 am 

Nail_Bombed wrote:
I'll probably go and have a gander at IT, the TV series was cheesetastic but enjoyable enough. It still won't live up to the book itself, but should be good, I hope. Then again, the Dark Tower film has been completely panned lately - not sure how much input King had into that, though.

That 'certain part' from the book will definitely not be there though. How the hell did Stephen King think that was OK I'll never know.

That certain part is definitely not in the film. Been confirmed by two reviewers I watch regularly :P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:01 pm 

I cant see any way they could put that scene in and not get banned and then arrested.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:10 pm 

I've not read the book but doing a quick search is this relating to the Leper’s character?

Edit: some more googles mention a scene with the kids after they kill IT and a suggestion made by beverly while they are lost in the sewers!!

:?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:11 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
I've not read the book but doing a quick search is this relating to the Leper’s character?

Edit: some more googles mention a scene with the kids after they kill IT and a suggestion made by beverly while they are lost in the sewers!!

:?

its a part in the book where the kids all take turns shagging beverly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:44 pm 

I know book to movies/tv shows generally involve missing content etc but.. clearly there's a 'few' things I was not aware of that was contained in IT :?

I mean without going into detail etc is it even in line with the story in general.. or just randomly chucked in!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:59 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
I know book to movies/tv shows generally involve missing content etc but.. clearly there's a 'few' things I was not aware of that was contained in IT :?

I mean without going into detail etc is it even in line with the story in general.. or just randomly chucked in!

in the book it works i guess but it could have been left out all the same and not made much of a difference to the story.
no way they could have added it in the film though even if it was an important part in the book!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 am 

when I first heard about that scene I thought somebody was taking the piss, then other people said it and I thought...fuck! What was he thinking?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:05 am 

StoutAndAle wrote:
Nail_Bombed wrote:
You need an excuse not to watch Michael Bay movies? The guy's a total hack... the only half decent film he ever did was The Rock.

I'm not a fan of Michael Bay but there are, in my opinion, three good films in his oeuvre;

"Bad Boys" (the first one, I couldn't make it though the second film even with Rollins in it), as already mentioned - "The Rock" and "Pain & Gain".

13 Hours is pretty solid movie by Michael Bay.
As far removed from his usual 'dreck' that your likely to get.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4172430/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:56 pm 

Watched it comes at night.

Shite.

Nothing comes at night.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:17 pm 

blahblahbleh wrote:
Watched it comes at night.

Shite.

Nothing comes at night.

Before it was released, it was hyped to the max. I looked at a trailer last night and couldn't figure out what the fuss was about. It looks fuckin stupid.

Page: Previous  1 ... 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137 ... 139  Next