Back
  Film II

Page: Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 157  Next

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:46 am 

A Quiet Place.. Fuck me my nerves were shot to bits during it.. Great stuff!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:47 am 

http://entertainment.ie/cinema/news/The-owners-of-Sesame-Street-are-suing-the-producers-of-The-Happytime-Murders/405356.htm

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:47 am 

Happy Time Murders looks well worth a giggle, from the trailers at least.

Long weekend there dying with the manflu so watched this lot...

I, Tonya (decent but nowhere near as good as I was hoping)

3 Billboards in Ebbing, Missouri (amazing, way better than anticipated, loved it)

Zabriskie Point (brilliant, but then I like early 70s guff with good soundtracks)

Blue Ruin (great revenge movie, really well done, would highly recommend)

Threads (1984 bbc made for TV flick about how the nuclear holocaust would affect working class in Sheffield, holy, fucking, shit, mind blown, mental stuff altogether!!!)

Wild Wild Country (episode 1 on Netflix) madness, truth is definitely stranger than fiction, must watch the other 5 eps quick smart

The Firm (no not that gobsheen Cruise, the real Firm with Gary chav prick Oldman)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 5:48 pm 

Went to see the Han Solo movie today, I enjoyed it. It had a much more 'Star Wars' vibe than the last Star Wars movie did, which felt more like a Marvel film at times.

I'm enjoying the spin off movies more than the new installments to the main saga.

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:36 am 

lemmyisgod wrote:
Went to see the Han Solo movie today, I enjoyed it. It had a much more 'Star Wars' vibe than the last Star Wars movie did, which felt more like a Marvel film at times.

I'm enjoying the spin off movies more than the new installments to the main saga.

Same. Saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think from all the movies since the prequels, Rogue One has been my favourite, what felt like the best actual "film" judged purely on its own merits. And what I particularly liked about the Han Solo movie is that the references to the other movies (which were many and varied) were woven totally naturally into the fabric of the film rather than in that kind of knowing, obvious wink-wink kind of way. A great job by Howard all round.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:37 am 

Saw Solo last night too and liked it - I think too many ones were just predisposed to hating it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:17 am 

Yeah I went to see Solo on the weekend and absolutely loved it. It's probably the best Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi.
Solo and Rogue One are brilliant flicks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:32 am 

Saw 'There Are Monsters' on Sunday morning there. Enjoyed it although the ending seemed to be dragging a little and they were running out of steam. Creepy in places, not bad at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 pm 

Saw Deadpool earlier, I thought it was really good, better than the first one to be honest.

I rewatched the first one last week and although still enjoyable, some of the humour was a bit try hard, I thought it was much more natural in this one.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:54 pm 

lemmyisgod wrote:
Saw Deadpool earlier, I thought it was really good, better than the first one to be honest.

I rewatched the first one last week and although still enjoyable, some of the humour was a bit try hard, I thought it was much more natural in this one.

Never understood the love for these films I think all of the humor is try hard.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:28 am 

Watched "Fashionista", the new Simon Rumley film. Not my favourite of his but pretty good none the less, and one I may watch again.

Also ended up watching an Estonian film called "November" last night - couldnt get the subtitles to work but it was so stunning visually that I stuck with it anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:46 pm 

First hour of Solo was brilliant and then they turned on the Disney button and it quickly turned into a steaming pile of rubbish. Honestly, and I'm not much of a fanboy, but Phantom Menace was better than any of these new movies that have come out. It all looks great but I find nothing moves me in any way. That said, the actor who played Solo was very good, Harrelson too. The Khaleesi character started out well but, nah, just crap. The fucking robot aswell..give me a break

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:07 pm 

I went to see Solo 2 weeks back, I was holding off on saying anything about it because as soon as it started I suddenly felt really tired and I think maybe that might have warped my view on it.

From what I saw I wasn't overly impressed however I am going to watch it again before I fully decide. Some of the characters I felt went no where, like woody's crew... cannon fodder with no real life to em.

Emilia Clarke's character.. I dunno! Again I am going to rewatch it but felt like it really under-delivered.

Is there any word on a follow up to this or is that pretty much it? Single serving movies to give some background on known characters/tie up loose ends etc?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:34 pm 

I saw it last night and really enjoyed it. A few one-dimensional characters alright but Star Wars is littered with them, so it didn't jar too much. Yer man was alright as Solo, I never felt aggrieved that it wasn't Harrison Ford in the role. Not enough Lando though (was he shagging that robot? "It works."). Nice that the Empire was largely only a background presence and no Force shenanigans either. Good space romp, with a pleasing cameo at the end (presumably a nod to The Clone Wars/Rebels?).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:22 pm 

That whole robot thing was bizarre to say the least. Trying to inject life and depth into characters and failing miserably. We all loved R2D2 and C3PO, they didn't need to be humanised for us to care about them. It was some play on identity or a nod to frminism or something, whatever it was it was horseshit.

The Chewy talking scene I loved, where they met etc. jesus the first hour was brilliant and then someone had a brainfart. Lando fucking a robot..are they seriously expecting us to swallow this nonsense? Absolute train wreck stuff. Also Q'ira just popping up out of nowhere as some high class hooker, the pacing, everything was arseways. I thought Emilia Clarke really worked at the start but her constant smirk at everything that was happening started to grate massively. Act for jaysis sake!

When it was good it was great, but overall I really didn't like it.

Page: Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153 ... 157  Next