Back
  Film II

Page: Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:55 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
I went to see Solo 2 weeks back, I was holding off on saying anything about it because as soon as it started I suddenly felt really tired and I think maybe that might have warped my view on it.

From what I saw I wasn't overly impressed however I am going to watch it again before I fully decide. Some of the characters I felt went no where, like woody's crew... cannon fodder with no real life to em.

Emilia Clarke's character.. I dunno! Again I am going to rewatch it but felt like it really under-delivered.

Is there any word on a follow up to this or is that pretty much it? Single serving movies to give some background on known characters/tie up loose ends etc?

I'd say the whole "putting a crew together for a job on Tatooine", along with that cameo, means it will be a big tie in with the Kenobi film.

The whole "We need a quirky robot in every Star Wars film" is getting old. What are they going to do to IG-88 if he ever appears? Turn him into a polka loving assassin droid?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:50 am 

mower liberation front wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:
I went to see Solo 2 weeks back, I was holding off on saying anything about it because as soon as it started I suddenly felt really tired and I think maybe that might have warped my view on it.

From what I saw I wasn't overly impressed however I am going to watch it again before I fully decide. Some of the characters I felt went no where, like woody's crew... cannon fodder with no real life to em.

Emilia Clarke's character.. I dunno! Again I am going to rewatch it but felt like it really under-delivered.

Is there any word on a follow up to this or is that pretty much it? Single serving movies to give some background on known characters/tie up loose ends etc?

I'd say the whole "putting a crew together for a job on Tatooine", along with that cameo, means it will be a big tie in with the Kenobi film.

The whole "We need a quirky robot in every Star Wars film" is getting old. What are they going to do to IG-88 if he ever appears? Turn him into a polka loving assassin droid?

Kenobi film?? What is left to tell of his story?...the bit were he scratches his hole for 20 odd year in the desert doing fcuk all??

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:53 pm 

I wrote after watching The Last Jedi that I thought it was cool etc etc. Honestly, I must have been smoking peyote or something. I tried rewatching it the other day. My god what an absolute mess of a film. They´ve ruined Star Wars, there´s no other way to say it. Solo had glimpses but, if I´m totally honest, I was scratching for things to hold on to and like. The original movies were flawed in places but they had meaning, heroism, there was a message and real good vs evil. The new movies are so confused, they have huge identity crises. I pray they pull the plug after the next film.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:13 pm 

Every piece of furniture in the original Star Wars trilogy will have their own spin off movies too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 pm 

Much like Metallica gigs, no matter how shit they get, they'll keep putting them on as long as people keep paying in.

And buying toys.

Thought it was pretty crap myself. My opinion of what is truly bad was recalibrated by seeing Super Troopers 2 a couple of days ago. Now that is a truly shit movie. Not even so-bad-it's-good, just shit. Utter shit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:47 am 

Taking my 6 year old son to see the new Jurassic World movie tomorrow at the local Hoyts Xtreme screen with big recliners, can't wait, the trailers are awesome!
He's beyond excited!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:24 am 

I saw it last week, it's good fun. A bit 'darker' than the previous ones, similar enough to The Lost World, too.

Watched Ready Player One last night, it was disappointing. They changed a lot from the book (which was also a bit of a letdown), and left out loads more. Looked great but poor overall.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:03 am 

On a bit of a Clint Eastwood buzz lately. Went through the Dirty Harry movies last weekend which are always good fun.
Watched Unforgiven last night, such a good show, about to stick on Gran Torino :idea:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:05 am 

I forgot how much Savage abuse he gives people in this xD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:47 pm 

Juggz wrote:
My opinion of what is truly bad was recalibrated by seeing Super Troopers 2 a couple of days ago. Now that is a truly shit movie. Not even so-bad-it's-good, just shit. Utter shit.

No surprise there considering the first one is retarded horseshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:15 am 

an incident in ghostland - pretty decent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:35 am 

Wife has the second Kingsman film on. Christ it's shite. Shocking levels of awfulness,
the cgi, acting, script, story, so,so bad. I'm embarrassed for everyone involved in this shitstorm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:01 pm 

Watched 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri' last night.

Great movie for the most part except for some minor gripes.

A dodgy scene or two and some of the backround actors were way out of their dept compared to the main casts performances, the woman who played Woody Harrelson's wife for example was woeful, she had a really bad almost English accent for some reason.

McDormand, Harrelson, Rockwell and the youngfella who played the Advertising guy were really good.

Can't see Martin McDonagh ever topping In Bruges though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:48 pm 

Watched both John Wick movies back to back the other night. Good fun stylish schlocky action and great to see Keanu doing a Keanu role again. The choreography can get a bit samey but some great set pieces and the alternate reality setting is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:00 pm 

Watched the Bruce Willis Death Wish remake...nothing spectacular or surprising about it but a decent enough movie.

Page: Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next