Back
  Film II

Page: Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:51 am 

At last, a trailer for the new new movie "MANDY"

From the writer and director of "Beyond the Black Rainbow"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI054ow6KJk

Looks amazing as expected!

one of the last movies Johann Johannsson movie scores.(R.I.P.)
Stephen O Malley from Sunn O))) is on the soundtrack too...

Here is a song from the soundtrack:

Children Of The New Dawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KZxeSATdXI

Last edited by JK scav dyslucsic on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:07 am 

Threads (Barry Hines, 1984) ...well fcuk me, grimmest most depressing and harrowing shit i've ever seen, 48 hours later and it still wrecks my head. If ever there is a serious threat of nuclear war on this scale I'm going to shoot myself in the head first, because it'd be much worse to survive it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:58 am 

I think that was the point. I know that was what my folks took away from it when it was shown on the telly back then. I still remember it. After seeing Threads, we all reckoned we’d walk outside to try to be killed by the blast. Have you seen the Protect & Survive films which used to be shown? They were all about how to survive the blast and the first couple of weeks. It’s a crazy world now but we should never forget it was also a crazy world then.

These are really real government information films. It's amazing what we become normalised to.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7yrv505R-0U

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:09 pm 

JK scav dyslucsic wrote:
At last, a trailer for the new new movie "MANDY"

From the writer and director of "Beyond the Black Rainbow"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI054ow6KJk

Looks amazing as expected!

one of the last movies Johann Johannsson movie scores.

Cannot wait for this, Beyond the black rainbow was a masterpiece. Trailer for Mandy looks incredible

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:21 pm 

Sicario 2: Shite. It got completely lost in itself and couldnt pick one storyline to stick with. Phoned in performances all round. Should have left the first one as a standalone film.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:45 pm 

Slaughterday wrote:
Sicario 2: Shite. It got completely lost in itself and couldnt pick one storyline to stick with. Phoned in performances all round. Should have left the first one as a standalone film.

My thoughts exactly. Plot wise it was complete bollocks. Some decent violence but overall a total letdown compounded by how good the first film was.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:11 am 

I thought the first one was quite poor so doubt I'll even bother with the second one. Just absolutely riddled with ridiculous stereotypes and yer wan Blunt was atrocious in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:38 am 

Black Shepherd Carnage wrote:
I thought the first one was quite poor so doubt I'll even bother with the second one. Just absolutely riddled with ridiculous stereotypes and yer wan Blunt was atrocious in it.

Exactly. Never got the love fest for the first one. The first 20 mins were decent then it just descended into bollocks. Made it to the end but only just.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:41 pm 

Rewatching the Nightmare on Elm Street films.

1 and 3 are still the best.

2 is fucking boring.

The rest are fun but forgettable.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:43 pm 

I bought the boxset a while back, I think I stopped after the third one. Agree that 1 & 3 are the best. Have you seen the documentary about them, Never Sleep Again I think it's called? Very good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:53 pm 

Yes, it's excellent, although it's funny when the screenwriter for the 2nd one admitted he'd been lying about there being no gay themes in the film. A blind man could have spotted them!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:01 pm 

oh wow.. I never realised nidge played Ebony Maw in infinity wars :o

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:31 pm 

watched 'Calibre' on Netflix last night, great wee Scottish movie; very well shot and directed and got right under the skin. Herself and myself were on tenderhooks through most of it, grim as fuck it is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:05 am 

Nagrenol wrote:
oh wow.. I never realised nidge played Ebony Maw in infinity wars :o

I've never watched Love/Hate because I had enough of shouting skangers when I lived in Dublin, but he was decent in the Charlie Haughey programme a couple of years back. The only decent thing about it, actually - given how 'theatrical' and melodramatic it was.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 pm 

Had never seen The Lost Boys until last night..good craic of a movie. I don´t buy into the whole 80´s nostalgia thing but one thing is for certain, plenty of the movies back then were just very creative and great craic in general. None of the modern irony/cynicism that seems to infect so many modern movies.

Page: Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153  Next