Back
  Booze News

Page: Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:34 am 

Dunno if it's any use to you but 2 rums I brought back from Spain recently were Cacique and Barcelo. So fuckin good and I could drink em all day long out there. Captains is pure dirt. These were only €12 and €15 in the duty free too!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 am 

Juggz wrote:
I went to Nottingham a couple of weeks ago to see Electric Wizard and, while there, visited several bars in that terrible, terrible city. One of them had a spiced rum which, I swear to fuck, blew my mind. I was rather drunk at the time and, unfortunately, cannot remember what it was called - something like Withering Gail? I could be miles off, unfortunately. It was, however, delicious. Does anyone have any clues what this elixir of the gods might be called? Other rums just suck balls now. I need to find this stuff.

Was it Rolling Calf? I've seen it in a few bars in Liverpool. This one;

Morgan's Spiced went to pish when they changed the recipe and changed the label to that cartoon ballbag from this;

Morgan's Spiced Private stock is very good, not as sweet and soft-drink like as the other shite. Most duty free shops in the US have it priced incredibly low @ $22 a bottle or something.

For me, Sailor Jerry is still the daddy of spiced rums though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:10 am 

That might be it, thanks! I will have a look at that one. Cheers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:28 am 

Anyone in and around Limerick, I'd recommend the Wickham tap, right where Thomas st. meets Wickham st. It's a galway bay brewery pub, they have an excellent selection of crafts on tap and a few rotating. No cask again, but still spoilt for choice. It opened about two months ago about thirty seconds from my gaff, they play decent music and let you play board and card games all night. ...I might be a bit biased, being there twice a week since it opened but if anyone likes their crafts in Limerick this is the place to go.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:22 pm 

€1:29 in Lidl, and it tastes quite nice too. A blond beer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:33 am 

Every spiced rum I've had tastes like artificial muck

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:54 pm 

Sometimes they do Leffe too which is a very nice Belgian Beer.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:52 pm 

In an effort to drink like an adult, I got 4 bottles for a tenner in Tesco last night.

Had 2 last night, both stout, to see if I could find an alternative to Guinness: Galway Hooker stout and Guinness West Indies. Both not bad but you wouldn't drink too many of them. Heavy enough and not immensely satisfying.

Currently sipping Jack Cody's Puck Pilsner. This is nice. Without knowing the specifics regarding hoppiness etc etc, it has what I'd associate with the "craft" taste, without being overbearing. Would happily drink 4 or 5 of these just suppin' away watching a movie or whatever.

The other bottle is in the fridge, couldn't tell you what it is but will report back.

Total novelty drinking not to get mangled. Can't complain so far.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:56 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
drink like an adult
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That just means you don't have to drink outside, even when it's raining. I'm going dry until the Siege and then I'm going to binge like a teenager.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:23 pm 

I'll do this type of drinkin every weekend til the Siege, no sessions til then. All going according to plan....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:54 pm 

This is one of the best times of the year for beer deals. The lidl and aldi oktoberfest range is not too shabby, good prices too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:59 pm 

I'm PISSED :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:12 pm 

Slaughterday wrote:
This is one of the best times of the year for beer deals. The lidl and aldi oktoberfest range is not too shabby, good prices too.

Franziskaner 4 bottles for €6 in Lidl next week I think it is, nectar of the gods!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 pm 

Anyone know of any decent sites (preferably based in NI/Ireland) that deliver craft beers for a semi-reasonable price?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 am 

McHugh's deliver. €6 to anywhere in Ireland and fairly speedy delivery.
http://www.mchughs.ie/

Drink Store also deliver but I have never used them and have heard varying stories from good to bad about the shape of your delivery.
http://www.drinkstore.ie/

Outside of Ireland and still decent delivery prices is Beergium who have a simply amazing range.
https://www.beergium.com/en/

Page: Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next