Back
  Headphones

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:24 pm 

Got a pair of Dre Beats for Xmas as a gift...the pair of Sennheisers I have a couple years now and like less than half the price are much better! Hes,Dre great producer n all but seems just like selling these on his name and overcharging. The iPod earphone beats are a bit better than the standard iPod earphones though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:46 pm 

Yea man, sennheiser are the way to go when it comes to quality headphones. I use the hd449's and they are unreal for pure clarity and comfort.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:27 pm 

I picked up a pair TDK st750's from a Sam McCauley's a few days ago. I did a bit of review trawling on headfi.org and in amazon beforehand as the staff at the pharmacy wouldn't let me try out the headphones out due to hygiene reasons! Over the top, I know.

At €40 they're a steal. To my ears they've got just enough bass (no artificial smothering bass ie. Sony XB range, monster beats) and there's great clarity and instrument separation all round. Built in headphone amp needs to be switched on for full enjoyment though.

They're comfortable enough too -don't clamp too hard and work well on both my iPhone and CD player.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:15 am 

Beats are probably the worst headphones on the market, not in pure quality terms, but value for money. What they want €200 quid for, you can buy similar quality for about €50 from other (well know) companies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:22 pm 

Got a pair of Sennheiser CX275s earlier this year and couldn't be happier with them. In Ear noise canceling with microphone. The sound is fantastic and they are extremely durable.

I also use them for chatting over PSN, which is dead handy cause I cant be arsed paying out for a dedicated gaming headset!

This is them, I think I paid 60 Euro in Currys at the time - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX27 ... ser+cx275s

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:28 pm 

The wife bought me a pair of these on holiday and they are amazing. Light weight and comfy. Bluetooth works a treat. Great sound.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-AE2w-Bluet ... B00CD1FB26

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:59 pm 

spiritcrusher wrote:
There are all sorts of fantastic IEMs coming from China lately for extremely good value. And I'm not talking about knock-off stuff, I mean high end audio quality at fractions of the cost you'd pay here (presumably due to the cheap labour and materials cost over there).
I'm quite fussy about headphones and speaker stuff so I did a fair bit of research before buying and these three are what I've used so far. All have been impressive.

Best of the bunch so far is the TTPOD T1E http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass?search=TTPOD
They look like awkward yokes but come with enough tips to get a good fit. The reason they're so big and weird looking is that they've two drivers inside them. They're so clear and tight, with just the right amount of bass punch, they're great for metal. Possibly not great if you're gonna be pulling a hat over the ears with them regularly as they protrude out a bit.

The first of those brands I went for were these Xiaomi Pistons 2. Cheap and all the research I read raved about how good value they were http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original-xiaomi-piston-earphone-updated-version-brown-5708.html. Great sound again and for half the price a shite pair would cost you here. The included tips though are a bit rubbish so you probably would need your own. Also, the carry case they come with smells of chocolate.

I also got these in the post today http://penonaudio.com/AuGlamour-AG-R1?search=auglamour and so far they sound pretty good, but not quite with the TTPOD.

Anyway, the best place to research headphones is probably over on the head-fi forums. They can be a bit technical but there's a lot of useful information there (epsecially the Chinese/Asian IEM thread for dem dealz).

Just ordered those first ones you mentioned, the TTPOD's. Hopefully they're as good as you say they are. Not much value on the € at the moment, $45 for the headphones cost me €41.25 on the online exchange rate, oh well.

My Sennheisers are the dogs gonads though. Best headphones I have ever had and I'd always recommend Sennheiser to anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:43 am 

Got my Sennheiser's clamped to my head right now, massive fanboy of them, great brand.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:34 pm 

deeeznuuuts wrote:
The wife bought me a pair of these on holiday and they are amazing. Light weight and comfy. Bluetooth works a treat. Great sound.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-AE2w-Bluet ... B00CD1FB26

I can second that. I Love my AE2s, crystal clear and no nasty EQing going on. Sometimes i forget they're on my head they're so comfortable, highly recommended!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:00 pm 

I've been going without headphones too long now. My old Seinheisser CX300s kicked out after many years of service leaving me with using either a Sony Playstation Gold headset (which is great for games but useless for being on the go) and shitty mobile phone pack in ones, which also have now broken.

I'm not a fan of over ear heaphones, I like in ear buds. The CX300s where great. Anyone know if Seinheisser offer anything better, or any other brand I should check out in the years since I last bought a pair. Willing to spend up to about €60.

The Sony Gold headset is a brilliant bit of kit for the cost of it, but it's just too bulky to wear out and about. I took a look at their in ear ones but all I can really see are things that look either too cheap or ones that are past the price I'm willing to pay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:21 pm 

Jesus Phish wrote:
I've been going without headphones too long now. My old Seinheisser CX300s kicked out after many years of service leaving me with using either a Sony Playstation Gold headset (which is great for games but useless for being on the go) and shitty mobile phone pack in ones, which also have now broken.

I'm not a fan of over ear heaphones, I like in ear buds. The CX300s where great. Anyone know if Seinheisser offer anything better, or any other brand I should check out in the years since I last bought a pair. Willing to spend up to about €60.

The Sony Gold headset is a brilliant bit of kit for the cost of it, but it's just too bulky to wear out and about. I took a look at their in ear ones but all I can really see are things that look either too cheap or ones that are past the price I'm willing to pay.

I still think it's hard to look past the Soundmagic E10's to be honest. I still choose mine over my much, much, much more expensive pair from time to time. If you're using them with a phone you could get the E10S (E10 have no mic / volume control) which are compatible with everything Apple or Android and are just bloody brilliant, you should find a very noticeable step up in terms of audio quality on the CX300s. They're also £35 or something on Amazon.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:17 am 

Quite like my Motorheadphones Motorizers... £35 on amazon UK at the moment...we're £130....bit of a gimmick but surprisingly good sound and well built,come with 2 corded leads and motorhead logo bag.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:38 am 

I'm on to a pair of Sony MDR-XB950. Got a good deal on them and my missus has the 450 version which is savage so I gave them a go. Quality sound out of them and while they have a bass boost its not overpowering and still remains clear. Very comfortable too, I'm wearing them at least 4-5 hours a day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:45 am 

ragnarok wrote:
I still think it's hard to look past the Soundmagic E10's to be honest.

I'll second this. I don't know if the sound is that much better than the Sennheiser CX300s, as I've only briefly tested my brother's, but the price is a lot friendlier, and the build quality is sound enough; I've had mine for maybe 18 months, with daily bus-to-and-from-work use, and they've never let me down.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:10 pm 

I bit the bullet and bought a set of Bose noise canceller headphones. A bit dear but on a 9 hour flight they came into their own.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next