Back
  The Horror Movie thread

Page: Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:04 pm 

I watched The Eyes of My Mother which is..well not sure "realistic" but certainly grim and weirdly matter of fact about it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:03 pm 

Cheers for the suggestions.

The trailer for Covenant is pretty disappointing for me, seems to be all the poorer bits from Prometheus condensed into a clip.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:16 am 

Baskin was very enjoyable, it reminded me of the Hellraiser movies. Some of the scenes were pretty over the top and it fell a bit short of being a great movie but, I'd def recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:25 am 

Yeah it's good isn't it? I feel like it's a good start for the guy who directed it, Can Evernol, and he's working on a new film called "Housewife" which I'll be interested to see. I reckon he has at least one classic horror film in him further down the line.

Stumbled across his showreel on vimeo a while back too. Love his visuals. NSFW obviously
https://vimeo.com/84531546

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:48 pm 

Definitely loads of promise shown, I'd be very interested to see anything new from him.

That showreel is pretty cool

North from here, running amok amongst the shadows of the past
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:42 pm 

'February' ,well worth a look, slow burning possession piece,grim and loaded with suspense/atmosphere/foreboding blah blah blah. All the better because Netflix rated it worthy of one star. Who reviews these things, Jason Statham fans?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:51 am 

February is really good. Osgood Perkins who made it has another one on Netflix I haven't seen yet called I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives In The House. Heavy on the atmosphere again allegedly. Which given his dad was in "Psycho" makes sense

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:42 pm 

Followed up on that last night, superb 'watch' , I say that because I spent most of it zoning in and out of it just listening to the narration. Anyone considering doing that would be best advised not to be holding a mug of tea in their lap though.

Also realised another pretty good show I watched recently on Netflix called Cold Comes The Night was written, though not directed, by Perkins according to Wikipedia.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:24 am 

Went to the premiere of "Nails" last night. Absolutely terrible film, seemed to be made up of ideas stolen from other better known films, and the acting from the Irish end of the cast (particularly Joe Wall) was fucking atrocious. Shauna McDonald and Ross Noble were fairly decent, but that was kind of the only redeeming thing. As a horror fan, it was so generic as to be downright insulting at points. Part of me wanted to walk out about half way through when at one point in the film the characters decided to instal cameras in the hospital where the story takes place, in a manner which suggests it was solely done so the producers could throw the "found footage" element into the kitchen sink too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 pm 

Watched 'Tusk' last night, enGROSSing stuff. Actually thought it the most disturbing thing I've seen since Human Centipede II in terms of how 'it' looked visually. Not one that will be forgotten easily.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:22 pm 

'Let's Scare Jessica to Death' is on Netflix at the minute, stone cold classic

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 am 

Does anyone here live in Waterford?

Central Arts has been showing Italian movies this month, they showed "Suspiria" last week and I think it's "House with the Laughing Windows" next. BYOB and like a fiver in or something. Genuinely considering moving back :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:08 pm 

Hobo With A Shotgun

https://youtu.be/ssHEAOrAdCU

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:33 pm 

Thorn wrote:
Watched 'Tusk' last night, enGROSSing stuff. Actually thought it the most disturbing thing I've seen since Human Centipede II in terms of how 'it' looked visually. Not one that will be forgotten easily.

The ending though :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:48 pm 

yeah well what else would you do with him? :P

Page: Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next