Back
  The Horror Movie thread

Page: Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 am 

Death by interpretative dance :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 am 

I only watched the original Suspiria last week for the very first time (got the DBL dvd in a trade) and it's not bad, would have to say though the best thing about it is the Goblin soundtrack!

The trailer for the remake actually looks pretty decent, will be keen to see it. Most remakes are shite so it's bucking trend which can only be a good thing!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:31 pm 

Another one.. no 11 now??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1ePFp-nBI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:47 am 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
I only watched the original Suspiria last week for the very first time (got the DBL dvd in a trade) and it's not bad, would have to say though the best thing about it is the Goblin soundtrack!

The trailer for the remake actually looks pretty decent, will be keen to see it. Most remakes are shite so it's bucking trend which can only be a good thing!

For me Suspiria is the best horror film ever made. I can't believe Argento gave the go ahead for a remake :roll: . What's next a remake of Alucarda?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:26 am 

Nagrenol wrote:

Yeah this can absolutely fuck right off. I'm sure I'll end up seeing it anyway out of some weird sense of occasion come the end of October, but I simply do not care and this doesn't look particularly interesting.

Seeing Hereditary on Thursday. Friends in the US/Canada whose opinions I generally trust about horror films (IE they aren't easily impressed) have been blown away by it. Very excited.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:39 pm 

It's decent Jamie, not amazing but very very decent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:44 pm 

where did you see it Howard? Didn't think it was out til later this week

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:11 pm 

Got a rip from a buddy in Oz who's pretty on the ball with horror stuff, quality wasn't great, shot at a screening somewhere by the looks of it. Definitely requires another viewing, but I reckon it falls just short of the hype (it is worth your time though). I'm a fucker for being impatient, but I had to check it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:17 pm 

Watched The Ritual a few weeks back after reading the book. Had promise but the ending was a bit stupid. Finished Marrowbone last night, decent creepy paranormal drama with cast from The Witch and Stranger Things. Had a good atmosphere going on. Now I'm working through this thread again from the start to download things I have missed, starting with Here Comes The Devil.

Cronos is up for a rewatch tonight, haven't seen it in a good few years, and I'm looking forward to watching Ghost Stories when it gets a DVD release.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:23 pm 

Here Comes the Devil is a cracker.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 pm 

Just realised I've never seen all of Suspiria. Rectifying that now.

North from here, running amok amongst the shadows of the past
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:46 pm 

Same here ,just ordered it, too many hazy recollections garnered on someone else's couch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:49 pm 

I've never thought much of Suspiria to be honest - apart from the soundtrack, obviously. Brilliant stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:12 am 

is Alucarda worth a watch lads?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:15 pm 

DOOMSCHMOKER wrote:
is Alucarda worth a watch lads?

Yes it's brilliant. It sort of reminds me of The Devils due to the nun / convent where Alucarda is being brought up. The first couple of scenes where she meets the hunchback who is suppose to be the devil are great. I also got to see Alucarda in the cinema last month which was a great experience.

Page: Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next