Back
  Video Games - retro version thread 8 bit, 16 bit fuck yeah!

Page: Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:46 pm 

Finally got up and running with the pi and its class..bit blocky on an lcd..but thats to be expected....highly recommended!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:02 pm 

For any one interested in point and clicks, Ron Gilbert's got a new one out, Thimbleweed Park. It's done in the same style as those old games and is pretty entertaining. It only took me 12 hours or so to complete but loved every minute of it.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:07 pm 

mattpikesteeth wrote:
For any one interested in point and clicks, Ron Gilbert's got a new one out, Thimbleweed Park. It's done in the same style as those old games and is pretty entertaining. It only took me 12 hours or so to complete but loved every minute of it.

I'm looking forward to getting this, I hear the humour is great. I love the look of it, they kept the classic style of Maniac Mansion etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:00 pm 

There's some great stuff happening with retro machines these days. Games that never got a release on them are now doing so, new games are been written for them and there's loads of kick starter campaigns for different things. It's a great time for classic and retro fans.

There's a new version of Crystal Kingdom Dizzy and a new game The Treasure Of Lumos for the ZX Spectrum.
A remastered version of Gods by The Bitmap Brothers.
Eskimo Bob a new game for The N.E.S. as well as more ROM hacks of Super Mario Brothers on the N.E.S.
New releases coming for the ColecoVision, Intellivision, Sega Master System too.

A new version of the ZX Spectrum is coming too http://www.specnext.com/

It's a fine time to be alive if you're a classic computer and console fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 pm 

So, following in the footsteps of the NES Classic, we have for the first time in 30+ years, ATARI making a repro console.... the AtariBox.

https://www.ataribox.com/

Who in the hell asked for this? I remember the Atari 2600..... it was utter pants. Blocks shooting other blocks (one thing, Atari Box Art was very cool but the game box art always promised way more than it could deliver) - it may have been of it's time, but then fell lightyears behind in terms of both output of CPU power, and most tellingly, actual decent titles. Now Atari want people to buy an HD upscaled woodgrain version of Blocky McBlockson?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:21 pm 

I'd be really thankful if Atari ever did a Pong the next level remake. One of the best party games on the PSX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncunspCU4_k

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:01 am 

Yeah one of the reasons that the NES and SNES Mini consoles are so popular is because they contain some of the best games ever made and tickle the nostalgia perfectly (even seeking the damn cardboard box made me feel like a kid again).

Atari, not so much.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:08 pm 

Anyone with a 3ds can download my horror adventure game for free that i made with RPG maker FES.
It's called 'The 13th Helloween' and its an Evil Dead inspired game. Its not long so shouldnt take up too much of your time. you'll ahve to download the rpg player to play it but thats free and can be picked up from the nintendo eshop.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:45 pm 

kunt 4 life wrote:
Anyone with a 3ds can download my horror adventure game for free that i made with RPG maker FES.
It's called 'The 13th Helloween' and its an Evil Dead inspired game. Its not long so shouldnt take up too much of your time. you'll ahve to download the rpg player to play it but thats free and can be picked up from the nintendo eshop.

Interesting, got a link?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:51 pm 

You just have to go to the Nintendo eshop on the 3ds browser to get the player downloaded (free :) ).
As for the finding of it once youve got the player running, either search for the 13th Helloween or by genre which is horror. It should come up at the top.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:13 am 

Just ordered one of these, hoping it's as much fun as it looks on paper

https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry ... 8361194705

:Edit - got it up and running though the power supply provided didn't work so had to sacrifice a phone charger. SNES ROM installed which'll keep me busy for a while but the controllers are bobbins so need to dig out the old Xbox 360 ones and see if they fare any better.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:35 pm 

Sonic Mania - believe the hype. It's fucking glorious, as is the remixed soundtrack. Back I go...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 pm 

Might be the best thread to post this. Can anyone recommend a decent Bluetooth gamepad/controller that would work with an android phone? Have ePSXe running on it and for most games the screen touch pad is grand, but recently realised that I can cast the screen of my phone to the TV and use a gamepad to run it that way instead. Online has millions of them, if anyone has bought one before they can recommend it would help whittle down the lists. PS-style preferred but will use anything as long as it has at least two shoulder buttons and 4 face buttons. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:44 pm 

Using a controller to play games on your phone... Why?...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:59 am 

Pinhead wrote:
Using a controller to play games on your phone... Why?...

I said why above - I'm going to cast the phone screen to my Tv and use it that way. I don't enjoy using my phone screen and would prefer to play emulators off my Tv.

Page: Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next