Back
  Marvel Vs. DC... Cinematic Universes

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:44 pm 

Not sure if there's one already. But I thought this deserves a thread all of it's own, seeing as there are fuck-loads of movies involved.

OK! So loads has been popping up in newsfeeds, etc.. today as to what direction all the Marvel movies will be heading in.

It looks like Tony Stark / Iron Man is going to go head-to-head with the Cap in CA3 and it's all going to lead to this 'Civil War' storyline that's everyone seems to be raving about all of a sudden. Not overly familiar myself! But I'd certainly like to hear what some comic nerds on here have to say about it all. (Curriemonster...???)

-----------------------------

OK! Re-titled the thread given DC's announcement yesterday!

Last edited by jobrok1 on Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:08 pm 

There's all sorts of legal wrangling over film rights before Marvel Studios can tackle Civil War, it needs both Spider-Man & The X-Men to tell the story properly (it's epic btw & well worth checking out) the appearance of mutants in Captain America - Winter Soldier has me thinking they may have sorted the X-Men side of things out. Anyone shed light on this?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:09 pm 

Civil War will only happen if Disney and Marvel can agree or settle the ownership of Spiderman with Sony and the Fantastic Four with Fox who all play a role in the story of Civil War, which itself is a story about the US Government deciding that all super heros must make their identities known publicly and register under a new act. It leads to a split between the super heros who think it's a good idea (lead by Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic) and the ones who think it's a bad idea (lead by Captain America and Spiderman). It was one of Marvels better big summer stories in the comics and one they've been trying to match without success since. Spiderman is important to the story for reasons I won't go into here in case you'd like to find out yourself.

The X-men take no part in the story, though there might be one or two in some of the splash fight pages, they mostly bowed out and didn't get involved.

Motörbastard wrote:
the appearance of mutants in Captain America - Winter Soldier has me thinking they may have sorted the X-Men side of things out. Anyone shed light on this?

There's an agreement between Fox and Disney that for those two characters, Disney won't refer to them as mutants or talk about them being Magnetos kids and vice versa Fox won't ever mention the Avengers. It's likely that in the Marvel movies they'll just be the result of experimentations by Hydra.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:26 pm 

Sony have apparently scrapped the next Spider-Man, Venom and Sinister Six movies.
All leading to 'another' re-boot in a few years.

There's even been talk online about Spidey poping up in the Avengers storyline.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:36 pm 

Until the studios say it, anything you read is click bait. I've seen people claiming that Marvel will kill off Deadpool in order to kill hype for the Sony movie that's coming out. Anyone who claims that must not read comics and realize that possibly the only Marvel character who currently gets more books than Deadpool is Wolverine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:04 pm 

wonder how long it'll be before the "death of wolverine" story gets a film.

followed by Death Of Wolverine 2: This Time It's Personal! and the inevitable re-boot/re-make/prequel/re-imagining cycle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:46 pm 

Apparently the Fantastic Four comic is being killed off to suppress hype about the upcoming FF film reboot that's coming up.

The mutant twins of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch turning up in CA:TWS are not going to be termed as such - it'll be the Agents Of SHIELD moniker 'Gifted' or possibly Inhumans.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:51 pm 

I really think they should take a break from making superhero movies for a good 20 years not make more of them.

But so long as the $$$€€€£££ keeps rolling in I guess it'll never end.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:54 pm 

thejuice wrote:
I really think they should take a break from making superhero movies for a good 20 years not make more of them.

Superhero movies have never been better than they are right now.
Even people who don't like comic books are still able to enjoy them.

Why would you want them to go away?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:01 pm 

Is anyone watching Agents Of SHIELD?

the new series looks like an improvement (only seen the first two episodes of series 2)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:39 pm 

I was all excited about the Dr Strange movie. Then I read Keanu Reeves is the current most likely candidate to play him (both Joaquin Phoenix and Ethan Hawke turned it down). Now I'm not so excited any more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:59 pm 

pentagrimes wrote:
I was all excited about the Dr Strange movie. Then I read Keanu Reeves is the current most likely candidate to play him (both Joaquin Phoenix and Ethan Hawke turned it down). Now I'm not so excited any more.

I've just read on IGN that Ewan McGregor, Matthew McConaughey, Jake Gyllenhaal, Oscar Isaac, Ethan Hawke and Jared Leto are the contenders for it.
Anyway, last year I started to go off the MCU because Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 were both crap imo, but this year Captain America and Guardians Of The Galaxy got me interested again, they just need a bit of quality control, stop making certain characters films just to make a bridge to the next Avengers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:31 pm 

thejuice wrote:

I think I'd go along with that. Sick of the sight of them. Very few actually have held up to a second viewing for me. But people love them so fuck it I'll just avoid them instead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:03 pm 

Captain America The Winter Soldier was brilliant, I was shocked as I thought the first one was shite and just a way to get the Avengers thing goin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:37 pm 

Overall, the way things are going with the MCU has been a relative success in terms of quality. Just need to keep the creativity output going and not fall into their comfort zone like they did with Iron Man 3 and Thor The Dark World. And Agents Of SHIELD has really picked up as of late - hope they can make good series out of the street-level heroes like Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. A Punisher tv series would be good as well.

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next