Back
  Marvel Vs. DC... Cinematic Universes

Page: Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:04 pm 

Nagrenol wrote:
skadk666 wrote:
Social media embargo for Justice League was lifted today. Mixed to positive reviews over all.

Said I wouldn't look at them, couldn't help myself :lol: Still, I cant not be excited for this film!

Why what was being blocked/stopped with regard to the movie that wasn't out already?

Ah they just let certain reviewers see the movie a couple weeks before release, but don't let them post their opinions until a certain date. Strict no spoiler posting. Actual press reviews are allowed closer to release date, next Wednesday for JL I think. It's how's its done these days, especially with how quick word spreads on social media. They actually have to control it in some way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:23 pm 

Saw justice league last night in London midnight screening, was pleasantly surprised as it was really good fun, dumb ,but rattles along nicely despite its skeletal plot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:38 pm 

Justice League was great fun. Yes it's not a perfect film and the plot and villain are a little hollow , and only serve to bring the team together, but it's a blast from start to finish.

If you do go to see it, and you're a DC fan, stay till the end of the credits. The post credits scene is an exciting teaser for sure!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:34 am 

Yeah the plot is meant to be as dumb as a bag of stones but fun nonetheless

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:27 pm 

Just after finishing Defenders. Enjoyable enough - very comic-booky, high-stakes stuff... good team dynamic overall - plus Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones is just great at rolling her eyes at all of this goofy crap happening about her. Liked the Five Fingers of The Hand as villains myself, apart from Sigourney Weaver who completely phoned it in in my opinion. Certainly better than Iron Fist which has been so far the low point of the Marvel Flixverse.

Gonna dig into The Punisher next. Can't wait.

Am going to see Justice League on Thursday with more than a modicum of trepidation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:47 pm 

Am going to see Justice League on Thursday with more than a modicum of trepidation.[/quote]
Don't worry, as long as you leave your brain at door you'll like it just fine, good dumb fun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:51 pm 

Started Punisher tonight. 5 episodes in and it's holding its own. Expecting the typical mid season slump that all the Netflix/Marvel shows experience, but looking forward to seeing how it pans out. The cast is great, Bernthal is just perfect in these brooding, murderous rolls.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:19 am 

Two episodes into it now.. also waiting on it get dull Midway... If it does I'm just going to give up on watching these series.
Can't help but think it's Rob Flynn when he's got the beanie/hoody on!!

Also the diner lady calling him a hipster HAH xD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:27 am 

Eight episodes watched tonight. Have to say, didnt think it slumped at all so far. It's very up and down all the way through as far as action goes, but the slower parts aren't boring really. Little predictable in parts but that can be satisfying sometimes. Still think 13 episodes is way too long for these series', knock them down to 8 or ten, could easily be done I say.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:25 pm 

2 eps down - Jon Bernthal is the man, he's fucking awesome as Punisher - that intense face he has on most of the time speaks volumes. His severely dry sense of humour works for him as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they do a Season 2.... will see how the rest of the series pans out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:39 pm 

My wife just finished watching Punisher today. Looks really good, from bit's I've seen, and personally, can't stand those comic book tv shows.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:40 pm 

Amber Rose Revah... Ooofff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:07 pm 

Got two episodes left now. Kind of don't want it to end its really kept me interested the whole way through. Bernthal is just fantastic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:02 pm 

Just back from Justice League.. was actually better than I expected it to be. Nothing mind blowing, had some ok bits, some good bits and some funny bits. They seemed to have pushed that a little bit more so than the others.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:56 pm 

Going this evening, fully expecting it to be shite. I guess Superman comes back from the dead at some stage, given he’s in the poster ffs :lol:

Page: Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next