Back
  Marvel Vs. DC... Cinematic Universes (*** SPOILERS ***)

Page: Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:50 pm 

Utter nonsense, story wise. But still a fun movie.

Warners/DC take themselves way to seriously, though. It's all too much, too soon. That's how the whole DC thing seems to me, anyway. All the DC movies have been based around someone/thing bent on trashing the entire planet.

Where as Marvel have been building up to the big, nonsense, over the top Avengers finale for yonks. Making it all a lot easier to swallow.
DC have basically turned that whole Marvel approach in reverse. Get the team ups done and then do of the solo flicks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:59 pm 

About halfway through Punisher, definitely the best of the Netflix ones since the first season of Daredevil

Last edited by prof. wedgie on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:03 pm 

Most of these movies are interchangeable, I gave up on the genre years ago, nothing of substance coming out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:06 pm 

Just finished The Punisher.. fuck me the violence. Great series, pisses all over the others with the exception of Daredevil. It looks like the actually spent the time on it rather than rush it out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:21 am 

Justice League is fucking terrible, saved only by the many lingering close-ups of Gadot's arse (possibly not the wisest move given the current furore in Hollywood). It's quite impressive how many ways they found to wind up with her arse close to the camera and taking up much of the screen. When you consider how good the three Nolan Batman movies were, the current garbage DC are putting out is a real disappointment. Trying to shoehorn so many new characters in at once means every second line is an explanation - for example the first scene with Wonder Woman gets her stop to say "This is the Lasso of Hestia. It will make all those who are bound by it tell the truth." in the middle of an action sequence, etc etc etc.

It's almost as if DC don't know how to approach the whole thing. If you try to make a serious and sombre movie then you can't expect the watchers to leave their brain in the car park, it has to have some cop about it or the weaknesses of the scriptwriting become incredibly obvious and impossible to ignore. Marvel seem to have the right approach making them so whimsical that they can get away with almost anything because it's clearly not designed to engage the brain. It's light and whimsical so you don't think about how stupid or implausible it is. Plus, if your move is going to be 95% CGI, at least pay to get it done well. Steppenwolf was like something out of an old game. Awful.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:06 am 

The thing is with the MCU, they've already made the commitment to give their characters .... actual character. Plus they've got people who know how to make an entertaining flick, with some actual plot.
The DCEU has basically only one character ATM in Wonder Woman - Henry Cavill as Supes is so wooden he should be stuck on the prow of a ship, and Batfleck looks like he just doesn't want to be there at all. And then you've got Zack 'Slo-Mo in EVERYTHING' Snyder, who has all the directing talent and consistency of a wet paper bag.
I went to JL tonight, and enjoyed myself despite the thoroughly over-CGed nonsense of it all, mostly cause I actually liked Aquaman and The Flash... which surprised me. But there was zero feeling of urgency, and the villain was like something out of Dragon Age Origins.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:34 am 

Nagrenol wrote:
Just finished The Punisher.. fuck me the violence. Great series, pisses all over the others with the exception of Daredevil. It looks like the actually spent the time on it rather than rush it out.

Do you have to watch all the others to make sense of The Punisher or is it stand alone?

I enjoyed the first season of Daredevil, couldn't get past episode one of the second season. Never watched Jessica Jones or Luke Cage.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:57 am 

StoutAndAle wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:

Do you have to watch all the others to make sense of The Punisher or is it stand alone?

I enjoyed the first season of Daredevil, couldn't get past episode one of the second season. Never watched Jessica Jones or Luke Cage.

The second season of Daredevil, for me at least, is only held together because of The Punisher/Frank Castles involvement in it, even then it just falls short. Outside of that, I've only enjoyed Daredevil Season 1 and Jessica Jones.

As for The Punisher, I still have two episodes to go, saving them for the weekend. But unless something drastic happens in those two episodes that link back to Daredevil then you'll be fine watching it on its own. Pretty sure they intend for it to be standalone, away from The Defenders.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:16 pm 

StoutAndAle wrote:
Nagrenol wrote:

You can watch it as a stand alone.. it doesn't really cross over into the others ones at all.. unlike the other ones which cross over every 10 mins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:04 pm 

Infinity Wars trailer confirmed for tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:40 pm 

Avengers: Infinity War - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8

I really want this to be great, love The Winter Soldier(best Marvel movie hands down), but hated Civil War so I really hope the Russo brothers can pull it back for this. Its a superhero movie on a scale we haven't seen before.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:07 pm 

Thought Civil War was great myself, basically Avengers 2.5 AFAIC.

Possibly the worst films out of the MCU have been Thor: The Dark World, The Incredible Hulk and half of Iron Man 2..... all the rest have been pretty damn good. Very much looking forward to Infinity War.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:07 pm 

Finished The Punisher. Fucking hell, that was good shit. I can see where they might go with a second series, but this series was damn fine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:23 pm 

Nail_Bombed wrote:
Finished The Punisher. Fucking hell, that was good shit. I can see where they might go with a second series, but this series was damn fine.

Finished it myself last night.

One of the best TV shows I've seen in a while.

One thing - I think that someone on here already pointed this out - the level of violence is off the charts. Didn't bother me unduly but my wife had to turn away a few times. She still loved it though!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:05 pm 

It's official now - Disney has bought out Fox.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12/14 ... -buys-fox/

And you know what that means - Avengers Vs X-Men!

Nah, possibly not quite yet, but I'd say things may progress towards merging the two universes somehow. And we may hopefully FINALLY get a decent Fantastic Four movie a ways down the line.

Page: Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 37  Next