Back
  Marvel Vs. DC... Cinematic Universes (*** SPOILERS ***)

Page: Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:50 pm 

Cloak And Dagger is showing on something called Freeform. Supposed to be decent enough, but apparently they've not gone the origin story route of them getting powers off of drugs. Which I can see could be a sore point for the teen demographic??? :?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:02 pm 

The FoX-Disney merger has now gone ahead.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07/27 ... ts-poorer/

This may or may not be a good thing, but in the realm of Marvel, this could be a potentially excellent thing. The MCU could finally be populated with The X-Men and the Fantastic Four, along with bringing great villains like Doctor Doom and Galactus.... although I'm unsure as to where Deadpool will fit in with all this (Disney being fairly conservative when it comes to the old ultraviolence). Maybe he will do his own thing like he's done so far, and just snark at everyone from the sidelines.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:58 pm 

Loved season 1 of Legion, but I'm struggling to keep interested in season 2. Have three episodes left and finding it hard to be bothered.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:22 pm 

Regarding the Fox deal, I think it was the best possible choice for them. Taking away from the whole properties returning to Marvel situation, Fox would have been destitute within 5 to 10 years. There is going to be job losses obviously but a massive amount of positions are going to be saved as a result of it. Those being laid off would have benefited through share dealings.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:21 pm 

Off to see Ant-man And The Wasp tonight. Really enjoyed the first one - was proper fun, as many of the recent Marvel films have been. Will report back to see if it can recapture the spirit of the first or better it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:44 pm 

Likewise. I watched the first one again last night, just to refresh my memory. I found Civil War very tedious and can't remember what the gist was relating to Ant Man at the end of that and I'm not sure where this drops into the Infinity War/half the population dead timeline either. It's all getting terribly complicated. Ah well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:06 pm 

Saw it last night, was pretty enjoyable and some good humour throughout. As soon as Michael Peña comes on screen you can't help but smile and wait for it... the guy is just brilliant in every scene he's in :lol:

There was just something kinda missing from the whole thing. I dunno what exactly.. almost like it felt kind of rushed. Will wait till more have seen it etc

Timeline wise I think this is based before infinity wars as at one point in infinity war it's stated that both Ant-Man & Hawkeye were on house arrest which is why they weren't involved.
Half the earth is at risk... but I'm on house arrest... k :|

All in all movie wise Ant-Man seems to be one of the loosest franchises connected to the series. He manages to Rob something from the Avengers base storage and then suddenly gets recruited to fight the other avengers and then on house arrest.
The Ant-Man movies could be total stand alone from the the rest of the MCU for the most part unless there's going to be a bigger connection made later perhaps?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:03 am 

Great fun - like Nag said, there were a few niggling plot points (personally, the Ghost villain/rival seemed kind of rushed to me, and not well enough explained) - but Paul Rudd and Michael Pena are just great comedic actors, enjoyed the many grow/shrinkfests that ensued, and there was a lot of good bonding chemistry with Evangeline Lily and Mike Douglas.

That post-credits scene though..... :evil: Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:48 am 

Got stuck in work until after 10pm. Will try again some other day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:47 am 

Nail_Bombed wrote:
That post-credits scene though..... :evil:

Thanks for reminding me, I stopped waiting anymore and just go home and watch them online now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:54 am 

Also it cracks me up that the whole Thanos snapping his fingers and wiping out half the population is being referred to as 'the snapture' :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 pm 

Saw it this afternoon. It was alright, not as good as the first one but I enjoyed it more than the recent Avengers and they tied up the timeline well at the end.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:13 pm 

There's a proper rip of infinity war and deadpool2 out now

Just watching deadpool and still cracking up at it

Mid fight with juggernaut 'suns gettin real low big guy' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also only noticed the song in the background https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N6R0RpgTB4

ffs :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:44 pm 

Cloak & Dagger is pure PANTS!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:34 pm 

jobrok1 wrote:
Cloak & Dagger is pure PANTS!!!!

The synopsis = Two teenagers from very different backgrounds find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers while falling in love.

..why were you expecting it to be anything other than shite!!! :lol:

Page: Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next