Back
  The Destroyed Human Radio Hour

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:42 pm 

dr.gonzo wrote:
In a perfect world I could assume you already listen to Chelsea Wolfe but just in case you dont
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMJyiWJA91U

Oh definitely, would have loved to catch her show in The Button Factory back in November.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:44 pm 

It was deadly.

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:22 pm 

open face surgery wrote:
Great listen Jamie. Downloaded The Ukiah Drag album a few weeks ago but have yet to delve into it fully. I also know the main riff in that Moondog tune from being sampled in some dance tune. Strange to hear it in it's original context.

Mr.Scruff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:38 pm 

Thought it was but wasn't committing to it without checking and I wasn't arsed checking.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:43 pm 

Black Shepherd Carnage wrote:
Moondog, respect.

Ditto.

Cherubs remind me a bit of Venus Sleeps, albeit in a less doomy way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:31 pm 

Batushka song is class. How has there been no chat about them here? Apparently members from well known bands but whose names have been kept anonymous thusfar.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:44 pm 

Thank ye kindly for all the support folks. Second episode later this week - not so much heavy stuff on this next one but E3 is in the can and leans more to the darker/heavier end of things.

Batushka only actually came out last month I think? Stumbled across it a little while ago on NWN and it's a blinder. The clean vocals are amazing. Talk is it's allegedly people from the bands Hermh and Behemoth but how true that is is anyone's guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:48 pm 

The clean vocals make it alright. The chant like nature of them adds a great layer to it all. Anyway fair play on the podcast, that first episode covered a good chunk of the kind of stuff I'd be into in and outside of heavier stuff. Will definitely check out the rest as they are put up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:16 am 

Up as far as Kate Bush (wasn't expecting that, class) - loving everything played so far, fair play.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:20 am 

Must say there is something amusing/strange hearing Lee Hazelwood played after something like Blood Incantation on the same show :D No complaints though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:22 am 

Nasgul_Brian wrote:
The clean vocals make it alright. The chant like nature of them adds a great layer to it all. Anyway fair play on the podcast, that first episode covered a good chunk of the kind of stuff I'd be into in and outside of heavier stuff. Will definitely check out the rest as they are put up.

The actual BM vocals are the weak link in their armour but they sound really cool. Going to have to puck it up when I return from Oz. I wouldn't be surprised if your man from Mgla was involved too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:46 am 

Going on the first three tracks of the album I've just listened to, I'd be surprised if yer man from Mgla WASN'T in the band. The riffing style - particularly on track 3 which is a blinder - is uncanny in places.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:20 pm 

Great mix. Really enjoyed this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm 

Nasgul_Brian wrote:
Must say there is something amusing/strange hearing Lee Hazelwood played after something like Blood Incantation on the same show :D No complaints though.

:lol: See this is how music gets listened to in my house so it seems totally normal to me.

Next one will more than likely be up later tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:11 pm 

Number 2
https://www.mixcloud.com/TheUrbanRecluse/episode-2/

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next