Back
  The Destroyed Human Radio Hour

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:36 am 

Great late night listening this one. Making a playlist on Spotify just to keep track of the bands/songs that I haven't a notion of remembering again. I never listened to Magazine, depsite loving Wire and Gang Of Four and the rest from that time. Rectified.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:07 am 

Magazine are my favourite of that era. So much more adventurous and unpredictable than a lot of the post punk bands. I've probably said it 1000 times but I reckon some of their stuff might have inspired Faith No More.

That Spotify idea sounds deadly. Thanks again for listening!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:13 pm 

3rd episode up now,a little more metal and noise on this one. Usual link.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:24 pm 

Balls, must catch up on this (haven't heard ep. 2 yet), combination of being busy and massive Bowie binge has put it off. Might hammer th two back to back at the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:04 pm 

https://www.mixcloud.com/TheUrbanReclus ... e-visitor/

Episode 4 up now. You should also be able to see the track listing for this one, and it'll be posted for all subsequent shows.

This was recorded the night before Bowie's death was announced, so neither myself nor the "special guest" had any idea what was going on when she picked the Bowie track.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:06 am 

Just catching up on this now, really enjoying it. Really have to thank you for introducing me to Anna Von Hausswolff in the first show man, absolutely loving her stuff.

And where can I hear more Darvaza as well?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:55 am 

Darvaza is off an ep they just put out on Terratur posessions, so maybe Invictus might have distro copies?

If anything good has come out of this thing (beyond the obvious fact it helps me combat boredom), it's that people are paying heed to Anna Von Hausswolf.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:18 pm 

Very much enjoying these. A lot of intros to great stuff. Thanks, Jamie.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:13 am 

I've kinda fallen behind in the last two weeks due to real life stuff but there are 2 episodes waiting to be completed that should be up next week - ep5 is the usual mix of whatever I feel like playing, but ep6 is an entirely metal one, as there's been loads of good recent stuff I've wanted to fit into the usual shows but couldn't. I'll post them here as usual. Cheers.

Also, will update the tumblr page with full tracklistings for previous shows this weekend, apparently it isn't showing on Mixcloud?!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:55 pm 

Episode 5
https://www.mixcloud.com/TheUrbanReclus ... jamz-jamz/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:28 pm 

Bump, because posting this on a Sunday night was a terrible idea.

an ALL METAL one will be up on Thursday :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:57 pm 

That all metal one is up now. complete with absolutely horrible pronunciations of band names/track titles.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:35 am 

Bit late to the party, but just caught up on episode two, really enjoyed it. Blown away by Magazine, only heard the name before. Kinda afraid to click on the next episode as most of the stuff is making a huge dent in my new music budget!

Have mate getting married in a few weeks, might suggest he plays that Sexy Night tune at the reception, amazing :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:10 am 

I think "Sexy Night" should basically be played everywhere, all the time.

I'm also fairly sure it was the tune that inspired the Fast Show character Mickey Disco.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:00 pm 

Nice website, glowing snot green :lol:

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next