Back
  Bombing In Manchester

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:50 am 

With the attack in Westminster only a couple of months ago in march and now this, Politicians shit in others countries and bystanders die.

22 Dead, 59 Injured as reported. There is going to be a big fall out from this. This could lead to a big rise in xenophobia and anti foreign sentiments. The likes of fucking UKIP could be getting greater support.
It's a horrendous sickening tragedy that had befallen the victims, but how it will be handled too could potentially have a hugely negative backlash.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/liv ... on-england

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:23 pm 

its crazy. A lot of kids are among the dead. whats the sick fuck thinking he'll achieve?

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:39 pm 

Pretty horrific alright. This is part of the world we live in now unfortunately. There is nothing that can prevent/stop this type of attack.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:40 pm 

It's it just me or is there almost an air of resignedness about this attack. It's becoming routine. It's horrific but it's no different to what's being done by the west to the middle east and until that changes and the west leave that part of the world alone these sorts of atrocities will continue to be a common occurrence.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:51 pm 

Eoin McLove wrote:
It's it just me or is there almost an air of resignedness about this attack. It's becoming routine. It's horrific but it's no different to what's being done by the west to the middle east and until that changes and the west leave that part of the world alone these sorts of atrocities will continue to be a common occurrence.

Yeah there's something different about this one compared to say the Bataclan. You'd imagine people would be much more vocal considering the age range of the victims but it seems like everyone is just a lot quieter about it, less eager to get out and comment on it.

It happened at half ten last night, I didn't go to bed until about twelve but it wasn't until this morning that I'd found out. Compared to the Bataclan which was all over the news and social media feeds right away.

I think it's gone beyond the realm of "just leaving them alone". If everyone from the West just up and pulled out of the middle east and left them to their own devices, I don't think these will stop. I'm willing to bet that it'll turn out the person who made this attack was a native of England for most of their life and was just recruited into a war he had no business in.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:57 pm 

Eoin McLove wrote:

Exactly right.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:15 pm 

The religious aspect to these sort of attacks is something I find deeply unsettling and makes it far more complicated than simply blaming the west's wrongful interference in the middle east.

Just reading now that an 8 year old girl was among the casualties, that's absolutely horrific and all because a grown man who believes in fairy-tales thought he'd get something magical or divine out of it, hard to stomach

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:31 pm 

Religion is the greatest cancer among our society. John lennon summed it all up in '71 yet we seem to have learned nothing.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:48 pm 

Oskorei wrote:
Religion is the greatest cancer among our society. John lennon summed it all up in '71 yet we seem to have learned nothing.

This!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:10 pm 

Eoin McLove wrote:
It's it just me or is there almost an air of resignedness about this attack. It's becoming routine.

Yep, I remember the shock and horror the Omagh bombing had on people in the late nineties. In the news now, it'll sometimes refer back to some fairly recent Islamic attack and it'll take me 10-20 seconds to recall what one they're referring to. This one will start fading from Irish minds in a few weeks.

I feel sorry for the Muslims in Manchester now, especially the kids. The bullying and isolation is more likely to drive them into extremism when they're older.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:15 pm 

I wonder will it hit Ireland? You would think not but anybody European looking looks like a target at this stage. Was talking to some muslim students I teach today. I said it must be difficult for them at the moment. They basically said that stuff is as alien to them as it is to us...they just hope people see it that way. Fucked up situation

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:50 pm 

pedro wrote:
I wonder will it hit Ireland? You would think not but anybody European looking looks like a target at this stage. Was talking to some muslim students I teach today. I said it must be difficult for them at the moment. They basically said that stuff is as alien to them as it is to us...they just hope people see it that way. Fucked up situation

I doubt it. We're not bombing the shit out anyone as far as I know

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:02 pm 

Is it definitely only a reaction to countries who are involved in Afghanistan/Iraq/war against ISIS etc though? The countries being hit seem to have large Muslim populations too. France, Sweden, Belgium, Britain, Germany..are they all involved in stuff out in those countries? I don't know it's a genuine question. I know Britain are and France probably too. What about Germany for example?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:44 am 

pedro wrote:
Is it definitely only a reaction to countries who are involved in Afghanistan/Iraq/war against ISIS etc though? The countries being hit seem to have large Muslim populations too. France, Sweden, Belgium, Britain, Germany..are they all involved in stuff out in those countries? I don't know it's a genuine question. I know Britain are and France probably too. What about Germany for example?

The larger the Muslim population, the more intense the opposition and abuse from the locals they're likely to receive and consequently the more likely that one of these many Muslims will be radicalised.

Additionally, the more Muslims the more likely that there will be extremists amongst their number and the more likely that infrastructure will exist to facilitate radicalization and carrying out this kind of attack.

ISIS might claim responsibility for these attacks, but in reality, it's not like there's a commander in Syria somewhere handing out the orders. These attacks are planned, organised and carried out most often by people who have been born and raised in the countries which are subject to the attacks. They attack where they can, where they know and where they can plan appropriately.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:17 pm 

That kinda doesn´t add up. Is there huge abuse and anti-muslim feeling in certain countries? Are muslims being targetted for violent attacks and abuse on a constant basis and is it at such a scale that we are seeing this kind of reaction? I live in Spain and I don´t hear or see any anti-muslim stuff but I´m not saying it doesn´t exist. I made up my mind a few years ago to start avoiding a lot of news and media as I found it was literally ruining my day so excuse my lack of being up to date on these issues.

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next