Back
  Bombing In Manchester

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:40 pm 

Im pretty sure the psychological profiles of most of the guys that actually carry out these acts usually show them to come from relatively moderate religious backgrounds and more westernised upbringings, they get radicalized around their late teens/early-mid 20s, the age when young men start to become aware of existential angst and start opening up to more extreme ways of thinking. Under the right circumstances they probably couldve just as easily became fanatical about sports, art, heavy metal, whatever, or like most of the western world wouldve just been gutting through a normal life fighting off the awful gnawing feeling of depression but instead got snared by isis aggressive recruiting practices (the recruiters, church leaders and financiers never actually doing the deeds themselves,being more motivated by political power in the middle east). The amount of wanking/video games/ battered sausages they enjoyed as youths probably in direct proportion to how extreme they go in the other way, like the guy who quits smoking and immediately becomes an annoying cunt health freak wrecking everyones head. Theyre more born again types and doing this stuff isnt so much their great destiny and purpose in life so much as a desperate attempt to give their lives some meaning or make up for some shady shit they did.

Im not really sure what point if any im trying to make but maybe looking at it as a psychological problem inherent to a small but significant precentage of young arab men, like depression and suicide is to westerners (depression being anger turned inward), makes it at least somewhat more managable and less terrifying than a larger religious issue of there being like a billion people in the world who's whole faith demands we die at their hands.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 9:15 am 

^ This is correct. The extremist recruiters are trained to look for these types of people to radicalise.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:58 am 

A deed of generosity in the aftermath http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/soccer ... 90993.html

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:50 am 

I am 38's post is exactly what I wanted to write. If these guys were early twentysomething lads from Bufftown, Mayo then they would probably just rally some cars or something. If they were getting their hole regularly too I doubt we'd be seeing the vast majority of these attacks. edit; by that I mean they'd probably be less angry at the world in general.

Last edited by brianwilliams82 on Thu May 25, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:23 pm 

brianwilliams82 wrote:
If they were getting their hole regularly too I doubt we'd be seeing the vast majority of these attacks.

Let's hope none of them get married and have kids!!! Fucking carnage based on that logic!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:39 am 

Liam Gallagher, again proves he's an absolute Prick.
While at the benefit concert he took the opportunity to take a pop at his brother.
Time and place, and that was neither.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:08 am 

I saw that and thought it was great. No mercy at all. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:57 pm 

I have heard the arguments raised in this thread many times before and while I don't condone the actions of Western powers in the Middle East at all, to lay the current wave of terrorism that has swept across Europe at the feet of aggressive foreign policy is only part of the problem. I have come under fire for my views on Islam many times and seems to be very much a trend with the media to defend the religion, in this country we are quick to dump on the Catholic Church for its failings but for some reason, Islam gets a free pass. Political correctness, of course, has a lot to do with it, to criticise Islam it is automatically assumed that you are criticising all Muslims. 'Islamophobia', a ridiculous term which gets thrown around anytime someone dares question the 'Religion of Peace', a tool to shut down debate on the subject, to be honest. From the militant atheists, we usually get 'All religions are bad' argument, which is a stupid statement. I am not religious so this is not coming from someone claiming my religion is better than theirs argument, I hold Christianity up to the flame but in its current form it is vastly different to Islam.

Islam does not have the central Judeo-Christian core value that each and every human being is intrinsically valuable because every person is made in the image of God. The Imago Dei, at its core, the foundation of Western Civilization, along with the notion of free will, which is also absent in Islam, with the exception of the Sufi.
In Islam, there is one will - Allah's- and his will is arbitrary. Those who do not follow Islam are outside the will of Allah and are of no use unless they convert. If they will not, they are the infidel. Polytheists, pantheists and atheists fall into the category of the infidel or refuse to be purified from the Earth.
There are two exceptions - the people of the Book, Christians and Jews. Since the Qur'an says that the Torah and Injeel (Gospels) are also the word of Allah, those people are permitted to choose dhimmitude instead while they will hopefully be convinced to convert. Living in dhimmitude is horrific. It includes the jizya which is a head tax for every male and every female in the household is subject to the sexual desires of any and every Muslim male.These ideas are central to Islam. This is what separates the Western World from the Middle Eastern world philosophically.

Another important thing to remember in the West and East divide is three important historical events. The Renaissance, The Reformation and The Englightment. Fortunately for us in The West, important philosophical questions took place which led to our more secular societies. That conversation is much harder to achieve with Islam, as their holy books protect itself from reforms, in fact, warning of the day when the reformers would come. Reform has been tried many times in its history and has largely failed because of this. In fact, one of the most recent reforms came in the form of Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab, which brought the religion back to its brutal 6th-century form and helped form The House of Saud and the nation of Saudi Arabia. Their theocracy is largely responsible for promoting Wahhabism by heavily funding Mosques across the Western World. Many of the Mosques in UK are heavily funded by Saudi theocrats, who promote utter contempt for our values in the Western World.

I also don't buy the 'misguided disadvantaged youth' argument. Many professionals, doctors etc have left the UK to fight for ISIS. They know their religion, make no mistake about that.

Now, we can circle back to Western warmongering if we want and play the blame game repeatedly forever after each and every attack or we could be brutely honest about what's going on. This is an ideological war waged in the name of Allah. This is jhaid. Rakhmat Akilov, a 39 year-old from the central Asian republic of Uzbekistain killed 4 people with a truck, in Sweden. Sweden? I could be wrong but I am unaware of any war waged by Sweden against the republic of Uzbekistain. It must be noted that Rakhamt was known to their intelligence services and was sympathetic to ISIS. Mohamed Lahouaiej-Bouhlel, a Tunisian resident of France killed 85 people with a truck in June last year. Perhaps it was revenge for the French invasion of his homeland in the 19th century? Or he was just crazy, that one is unclear.

I would just like to end with one last attack, that we may have forgotten. On 7 January 2015 two brothers, Saïd and Chérif Kouachi, forced their way into the offices of the French satirical weekly newspaper Charlie Hebdo in Paris they killed 12 people and injured 11 others. The gunmen identified themselves as belonging to the Islamist terrorist group Al-Qaeda's branch in Yemen, which took responsibility for the attack. Their crime? Drawing cartoons.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:29 am 

Looks like a suspected terrorist attack in Dundalk today, Japanese man killed and two Irish people injured. Very little coverage from the Mainstream media.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:09 am 

mickO))) wrote:
Looks like a suspected terrorist attack in Dundalk today, Japanese man killed and two Irish people injured. Very little coverage from the Mainstream media.

Except for the front pages of all the national papers this morning & their websites as well the RTE evening news yesterday.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:04 am 

Motörbastard wrote:
mickO))) wrote:

Except for the front pages of all the national papers this morning & their websites as well the RTE evening news yesterday.

Well if you look at the time I posted that it was before all the newspapers were available this morning. RTE only had a small article hidden on the website calling it an "unprovoked attack". No mention of it on the RTE facebook news page but of course they had two articles up about Trump.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:27 am 

mickO))) wrote:
Motörbastard wrote:
mickO))) wrote:

Well if you look at the time I posted that it was before all the newspapers were available this morning. RTE only had a small article hidden on the website calling it an "unprovoked attack". No mention of it on the RTE facebook news page but of course they had two articles up about Trump.

Independent & Irish Times had it on their websites all day yesterday & RTE 6one & 9pm News has it as main news. Potential terrorist attack is one line of inquiry, and it’s Dundalk, sure that kip is full of terrorists!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:53 am 

I don't generally read or react to the news. I live in Spain, I'm a perfect example of how well the European project can work. However, I think we really need to look at our borders and rethink where we see Europe in the next 50 years. This, though an isolated incident, just reaffirms something that I've been thinking for a long time and I suspect many many others do too. It's got absolutely nothing to do with xenophobia, it's simply an acknowledgement that things have worked very well 90% of the time, but there are wide, gaping issues that are not being tackled head on. For someone to not be allowed into the UK to be able to stroll the streets of a town in Ireland and carry out such acts of violence with nobody asking any questions of them, is quite frankly disturbing. Even if this doesn't turn out to be a terrorist attack, the circumstances surrounding it need to be questioned and made an example of. It's a crazy situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:12 pm 

Gardaí not too concerned re: terrorist angle.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-a ... -1.3344857

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3