Back
  Noveller & Magic Pockets - Bello Bar - Oct. 19

Page: Previous  1, 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:51 pm 

Ah I wasn't calling your band derivative at all! I actually reckon you're pushing the boat out a nice bit with the new stuff. Just saying that there's stylistic things that'll always stand out. Something that drives me mad about making and listening to music at times.

I'm a bit prejudiced against debating worth of stuff online, particularly on forums as stuff gets misinterpreted so easily and things seem to get off track too much. Often happens that it accidentally falls into seeming like people are debating the right of some music or something to just exist which usually misses the point! Lets have a horribly rambling conversation about authenticity etc. irl soon though for sure, much more enjoyable.

Great to see Dhalgren Sound putting on stuff in a corner of music I don't see many people doing here at the moment. Fair play!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:12 pm 

Nerd wrote:

Any hints as to what you have in store?

Will be announcing in a few weeks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:15 pm 

Decy wrote:
Great to see Dhalgren Sound putting on stuff in a corner of music I don't see many people doing here at the moment. Fair play!

Cheers Decy! Hopefully enough people come out so I can keep doing it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:33 pm 

Nerd wrote:
That's a bit more like it !

Music in a group context is typically (at least somewhat) democratic . Every musician has to work within the confines of the other musicians abilities, tastes, work schedule, mood and all the other variables that come with it . In a situation where a musician is a solo performer the same difficulties are not there. As a result the solo performer is unhindered by anyone elses needs or preferences (for better or worse). As a rule i personally don't like solo performers. I have this idea (prejudice?) that being a solo performer is easier because there are no rules other than your own.

and niall writes off a 600+ year history of western composition in one foul swoop.

pretty ballsy if anything.

Page: Previous  1, 2