Back
  New Lankum (formerly Lynched)
    



Joined:
Oct 2014
Posts:
461
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:14 pm 

Seriously it has been a loooong time since I have looked this forward to a new album. Even put down my first pre-order for the vinyl


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Nov 2007
Posts:
2210
Location:
Tralee
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:19 pm 

Amazing band. Cannot wait, this album which they heavily contributed to seems to have slipped under the radar (its great) https://blackbirdraum.bandcamp.com/album/destroying


Top
 Profile   
 



Joined:
Oct 2014
Posts:
461
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:32 pm 

dr.gonzo wrote:
Amazing band. Cannot wait, this album which they heavily contributed to seems to have slipped under the radar (its great) https://blackbirdraum.bandcamp.com/album/destroying


Ah discovered that on Spotify. Reminds me of this group who I can only find this YouTube video and seem to have entirely slipped out of view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDhrsAmzMU


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Nov 2007
Posts:
2210
Location:
Tralee
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:51 pm 

Iron Aiden wrote:
dr.gonzo wrote:
Amazing band. Cannot wait, this album which they heavily contributed to seems to have slipped under the radar (its great) https://blackbirdraum.bandcamp.com/album/destroying


Ah discovered that on Spotify. Reminds me of this group who I can only find this YouTube video and seem to have entirely slipped out of view

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwDhrsAmzMU

Oh that is tasty, sound!


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
3839
Location:
Co.Galway
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:09 pm 

First song and single on the album. Mighty stuff.

http://rtrecs.co/NoMoney


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
8998
Location:
...from the east and to the WESHT
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:16 am 

Ya, should be amazing. Had Cossie up recording with us last week. Class to see how far they've come in the last few years and completely deserved.

On a side note, seen as Radie is in all 3 episodes so far, albeit a lil airport cameo in the second one, but have ye checked out This Ain't No Disco? Web series by Donal Dineen and each episode so far is absolutely amazing. Beautifully shot and a class representation of Irish music. Obviously prefer some bits more than others but nothing I would skip and on a whole, I think it's top class.

https://thisaintnodisco.ie/


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
3839
Location:
Co.Galway
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:46 am 

Yep, have watched all three so far. Easily the best Irish music show on radio or tv out there at the moment.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Sep 2011
Posts:
4588
Location:
footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:49 pm 

Nasgul_Brian wrote:
First song and single on the album. Mighty stuff.

http://rtrecs.co/NoMoney


Sound. Mighty indeed.


Top
 Profile   
 


User avatar

Joined:
Jun 2005
Posts:
3839
Location:
Co.Galway
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:18 pm 

They just have that special something within the style of music they play I think. Out of curiosity last night I went to YouTube and looked up other versions of Henry My Son. Despite being older, more true-to-form versions or whatever none of them grabbed me the way Lynched version did. Didn't have the same melancholic undertones or something. Have seen them live now around 4 times and they never dissapoint. The only downside is I'll never get to see them in a venue the size of the first gig I attended - which was a tiny Crane Bar in Galway rammed with no more than 50 people. That was a special gig, hair-raising stuff.


Top
 Profile