Back
  Yes or no?

Page: Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:32 am 

How so?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:17 pm 

This is a great result for the no side too. Now they can use all their funding to help children's welfare and adoption charities, rape crisis centres etc.

Since they're so concerned about the poor babies and 'love both'

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:52 pm 

Imagine.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:14 pm 

Great result. Have to say most TD’s on the no side were dignified with their reactions accepting that it’s what the people want.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:36 pm 

The Devil at work surely?

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:23 pm 

Last edited by Nagrenol on Mon May 28, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:35 am 

Eoin McLove wrote:
How so?

https://sluggerotoole.com/2018/05/27/after-the-huge-majority-in-the-republic-all-is-changed-utterly-in-the-north-the-union-is-more-at-stake-than-ever/

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:42 pm 

Jesus, what a complicated mess.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:03 pm 

Fair play to ye all! A huge moment for Ireland.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:47 pm 

I heard a quote today from somebody saying that it isn't something to celebrate, and while I agree with the outcome, I have to say I also agree with that quote.

The whole thing will still be a hard choice for a woman or a couple to have to make, and even if we all agree that they should have that choice and women have been given it, it shouldn't have been the contest that it became: with "winners" and "losers". Surely any woman who has to be involved in making this decision won't feel much like celebrating.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:17 pm 

Absolutely. It's great that it has passed but it is still an awful situation for anyone to have to face.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:12 am 

astfgyl wrote:
I heard a quote today from somebody saying that it isn't something to celebrate, and while I agree with the outcome, I have to say I also agree with that quote.

The whole thing will still be a hard choice for a woman or a couple to have to make, and even if we all agree that they should have that choice and women have been given it, it shouldn't have been the contest that it became: with "winners" and "losers". Surely any woman who has to be involved in making this decision won't feel much like celebrating.

We have to turn everything into fucking Paddy's Day. It's the right decision and hopefully everyone will shut up about it now instead of using it to beat on this hidden, catholic force that supposedly made everyone not want it in the first place. Yes we had the church etc but other European countries also had it aswell as dictators and secret police and all sorts. But there's nothing more Irish than banging on about the past and picking over the bones and flogging a dead horse until there's nothing left. Would be great if Pope Leo could now redirect his energies to the less sexy task of getting our health system to not resemble one of a third world country whilst also tackling the housing crisis they have allowed to reach ballbag levels yet again.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:14 am 

Exactly the whole sticking it to the Catholic church thing is just childish we have much bigger religious problems than the Catholic church these days. I know a girl who had an abortion a few years ago and it effected her badly for a long time after it. The bad effects hadn't much to do with having to get on a plane either. I don't know how it will all be set up now but I can only imagine the abuse and what not women who choose to get one will face from protesters like what goes on outside clinics in America. The only reason Leo is celebrating is for votes in the next election because people are starting to see through his bullshit.

I saw this video last night no idea who the fella is but he hit the nail on the head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNbaM3XwByU

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:10 am 

Quote:
But there's nothing more Irish than banging on about the past and picking over the bones and flogging a dead horse until there's nothing left

Quote:
Exactly the whole sticking it to the Catholic church thing is just childish

Ah I don't know lads, most of us are old enough to remember the Church had a tight grip on the country. I think this referendum especially was a sign that the Church is irrelevant.

Also, it's hard for people not to want to stick it to the Church, they've been very vocal this week, illustrating that they haven't progressed or even attempted to embrace change.

Quote:
The leader of the Catholic Church in Ireland has said he is deeply saddened that Ireland has "obliterated the right to life of all unborn children" from the Constitution.

Archbishop Eamon Martin said that the country is now on the brink of legislating for what he described as "a liberal abortion regime".

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 9:08 am 

For sure, this isn't an issue where balloons and cake are appropriate but, then again, I'm old enough to be happy to see the Catholic church kicked into oblivion and not feel a single pang of sympathy for the fuckers.

Resume sticking it to them, I say. Every single shred of their influence needs to be purged from our laws.

Page: Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next