Back
  Tommy Robinson rally in Belfast yesterday

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:47 pm 

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/hundreds-turn-out-belfast-free-14764670

This bit interested me:

Quote:
Union jacks, Israeli and gender identity flags and a few tricolours waved side-by-side at the Belfast parade

Is this a genuinely organic movement where people with disparaging views have linked together to protest, or loyalists trying to seem inclusive?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:00 pm 

The Ruts wrote:
Is this a genuinely organic movement where people with disparaging views have linked together to protest,

I would think, or more hope perhaps, that it is the above. Yer man Tommy may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but I have looked him up a bit,and found myself strangely agreeing with some, but certainly not all he has said in the past. Its a pity he seems to be an attention/media whore, just for the sake of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:32 pm 

The Ruts wrote:
https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/hundreds-turn-out-belfast-free-14764670

This bit interested me:

Quote:
Union jacks, Israeli and gender identity flags and a few tricolours waved side-by-side at the Belfast parade

Is this a genuinely organic movement where people with disparaging views have linked together to protest, or loyalists trying to seem inclusive?

The dude holding the tricolour was also wearing a Rangers shirt, so I'd imagine it's more the latter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:47 pm 

I think he speaks for a lot of people who neither have the vocabulary nor the means to speak up for themselves and I mean that with respect. What happened with these grooming gamgs is beyond crazy and Robinson has literally been talking about it for years. I think he's an easy scapegoat and he's constantly misquoted to the point that many people are sitting up and asking why?

I wouldn't be into much of what he says and I don't like the way he talks about some elements of Islam for example, but there are whole communities in the UK now operating outside of UK law or at least between laws, and it seems that those in power are unwilling to crack down on it for fear of being seen as racists or un PC. When the vast majority of jihadists not born in a muslim country are coming out of small towns in Britain, then surely questions need asking? There's religious freedom but then there's a direct challenge to the very foundations that a country are built upon.

It's very interesting the whole thing and, yet again, the PC brigade do more harm than good in shutting down any nuanced discussion on these topics and forcing people further and further to the margins. I would hope that Irish politicians can wake up and make sure we don't go down the same route. We need proper integration into our communities and not simply a transplanting of a culture from one landmass to another. I'm totally for immigration, it has changed Ireland for the better. However, it needs to be done with care and respect for the local population and for the traditions and values of the land.

I need to add that in no way condone racism or hooligans or any of these lads who attach themselves to these things. I'm talking about the issues only.