Back
  2018 World Cup

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:22 pm 

So relieved. It would be great to see Croatia win it. Since 58 every 20 years a country who has never won it before has won so you never know.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:27 am 

Yep. Would love to see Croatia do it. Some pack of warriors them lads

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:56 am 

Yeah, glad that England are out. The bastards.

Is it time to get back to supporting their clubs in place of our own yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:48 am 

watched the quarters and semis in a bar in waterford with a few hundred Croats, craic was unreal when they won, singing in the street, jumping on buses, flares going, brilliant to get a little taste of the utter joy theyre experiencing, gonna be hard to even get in the door there sunday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:17 pm 

Much of the talk before the match concerned the fatigue element in the Croat side. The fresher English midfield would have had the legs on them. In fact, it seemed the opposite. They came on stronger as the game went on and England just couldn't keep up.

Just shows what you can do with proper ball retention.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:22 pm 

Fair play to France. They really came into their own as they progressed. Deschamps did a great job to be fair. Was half hoping Croatia would win it but I'm up a few bob after France winning.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:02 pm 

Game ruined by two outrageous decisions. Never a free kick and never a penalty. And Croatia's keeper is woeful. His foot movement for pogbas and mbappes goal was shocking.

Croatia's manager ain't the best either. With them 4-2 down everytime they got into a good crossing position only mandzukic in the box. Throw on a second striker up top you clown. It's the world cup final and your losing, go for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:16 pm 

Ah it was 100% a penalty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 pm 

The way it looked on VAR it would have been have been impossible for the ref to deny the penalty cos it looked a lot worse than it was from that angle. Griezmann fairly bought the free kick alright.

I think the Croats were just banjaxed from all the mileage built up over the previous games.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 am 

ollkiller wrote:
And Croatia's keeper is woeful.

Been working round the clock during this World Cup so the final was the first game I actually saw :shock: This point definitely jumped out in yesterday's match though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:20 am 

Quote:

Lol, this always blows me away. Literally had a lad at the tea table shite on for about 10 minutes about how delighted he was when they were knocked out, then in the next sentence went on to say how much he was looking forward to the Premier League Kick off and referred to Man Utd as "we". Brilliant.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:01 pm 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
Quote:

Lol, this always blows me away. Literally had a lad at the tea table shite on for about 10 minutes about how delighted he was when they were knocked out, then in the next sentence went on to say how much he was looking forward to the Premier League Kick off and referred to Man Utd as "we". Brilliant.

In the ever increasing general nonsense of "local" club football, only 8 out of 30 of Man Utd's full squad from last season are English. Which, perhaps ironically, makes the fact of supporting a Premier League team - whose primary function is to make money - much less contradictory with hating the national squad whose function is actually to represent England than it was in the past.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:08 pm 

Good world cup in terms of skill levels, great goals etc. Every stadium looked great and there was no crowd violence or any of that oul muck. A little disappointed that France won it. Top level players but something about them I can´t warm to..maybe the diving, moaning and working the ref that they were at yesterday. Also, I´m on the fence about VAR. When it works, it works really well, but there are so many incidents that are overlooked that you start wondering if there´s a conspiracy happening.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3