Back
  Audio desk Systeme cd sound improver cutter/lathe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:00 pm 

Seen one of these on ebay last night. Never heard of this process anyone else? Would you hear a marked improvement unless you were using serious high end hifi gear?

"We highly recommend the Audio Desk Systeme, a unique motorized cutting device manufactured in Germany. Designed to “true” the shape of the CD to reduce mechanical jitter, the ADS also trims the edge of the CD to a 38° angle to reduce laser scatter. This new edge is then treated with the included black marker. This 60-second process results in pronounced improvements in focus, transient attack, detail and transparency. The included hardened cutting blade trims about 2000 CDs.

“This is a 'must have' product for anyone really interested in maximizing the potential of their CD/SACD collection. The price is reasonable and the construction and presentation of the product is outstanding. The results are simply quite staggering!”
-- Richard Foster, HiFi+, Issue 44"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:18 pm 

https://news.softpedia.com/news/Audio-D ... 5574.shtml

This?

Quote:
Get truly round CDs or stop calling yourself an audiophile

There's your problem :lol:

Smells like a nice way to relieve the needy of around 500 quid, to me.

Realistically, how bad do your CDs sound and how much room for improvement is there? Aside from the high end reproduction equipment, one assumes one would need it to be installed in an acoustically treated room with an ideal listening position?

This could be easily verified using a wav file of before and after the process, since that is what the CD contains. If you listen to the wav file from a computer (and thereby eliminate the disk and the effect of any unusual rotations of same) the improvements should be readily heard, no?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:37 pm 

Sounds like utter madness to sit and trim cds.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:46 pm 

Yep, just reading up on it a little and coming across lots of people saying that trimming the edge of a CD is a woegeously bad idea because you can break the seal at the edge of the disc. There is the threat that oxidisation, getting in between the platter and the reflective surface, would drastically reduce the lifespan of the disc.

The same company also market an expensive record cleaner, I see.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:57 pm 

That was what i was looking for when I came across this.