Back
  Jordan Peterson

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:47 pm 

I have no interest in getting into a debate with anyone on here about this stuff there isn't really much point. Ireland and Canada are almost like two different worlds when it comes to this kind of thing. But the only point I will add is anyone who has spent any length of time in Toronto and doesn't eat up what the media spoon feeds the masses on a daily basis can understand where Peterson is coming from. The PC culture in Canada is out of control and Toronto in particular is a PC hellhole.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:30 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
The PC culture in Canada is out of control and Toronto in particular is a PC hellhole.

In what specific ways. Just curious?

Regards Mr Peterson I've only heard a 2 minute clip before so will check up on what he's like.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:59 pm 

Caomhaoin wrote:
Oh hello again. Youre the guy who ran home and cried to Mama after making yourself look a tit in the other thread, right? If you fancy round two, come ahead :)

What you have emphasized there, that is what is referred to as a 'play on words'. If you read any of the reviews I write, you'll see it's a device I often employ (because ya know, I'm a simpleton, and I lack the wit to express myself with more organic language). It's like a theme, ya know, gives a nice tidy feel to the post, don't you think?

I wouldn't mind if you had pointed out some terrible faux pas I had made (no one is perfect after all, right, ladín?) but it's clear even to the meanest of intellects that you're sore after you looked a spa in the other thread and you're trying to even the score. Unfortunately for you, your attempt was made without any bite or sophistication.

I've got more than 4000 posts and 25 odd reviews you can look through if you're that keen on proving that I am the idiot that you suggest. G'wan, have a look, you're bound to find something ;)

We all get it, bro: You've read a book by an "intellectual" and now you think that makes you an "intellectual" too.

Didn't realise I came off badly in the other thread - I didn't respond there because you were going round in circles, refusing to reevaluate what you had originally written. I don't like Peterson, but I respect him for being able to admit when he's wrong. I guess you're not quite at that stage yet.

The fact that you started a thread about him is pretty amusing, but hardly surprising. The guy makes his money off teenage boys who blame PC culture for their shortcomings.

Good luck kiddo. Keep fighting the liberal left and PC culture!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:25 pm 

The Ruts wrote:
He has inspired me to start reading Jacques Derrida.

Please let us know how you get on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:56 pm 

Ruprecht wrote:
Caomhaoin wrote:
Oh hello again. Youre the guy who ran home and cried to Mama after making yourself look a tit in the other thread, right? If you fancy round two, come ahead :)

What you have emphasized there, that is what is referred to as a 'play on words'. If you read any of the reviews I write, you'll see it's a device I often employ (because ya know, I'm a simpleton, and I lack the wit to express myself with more organic language). It's like a theme, ya know, gives a nice tidy feel to the post, don't you think?

I wouldn't mind if you had pointed out some terrible faux pas I had made (no one is perfect after all, right, ladín?) but it's clear even to the meanest of intellects that you're sore after you looked a spa in the other thread and you're trying to even the score. Unfortunately for you, your attempt was made without any bite or sophistication.

I've got more than 4000 posts and 25 odd reviews you can look through if you're that keen on proving that I am the idiot that you suggest. G'wan, have a look, you're bound to find something ;)

We all get it, bro: You've read a book by an "intellectual" and now you think that makes you an "intellectual" too.

Didn't realise I came off badly in the other thread - I didn't respond there because you were going round in circles, refusing to reevaluate what you had originally written. I don't like Peterson, but I respect him for being able to admit when he's wrong. I guess you're not quite at that stage yet.

The fact that you started a thread about him is pretty amusing, but hardly surprising. The guy makes his money off teenage boys who blame PC culture for their shortcomings.

Every single sentence you have written is either delusional, projecting or cretinous.

My inkling is that perhaps you decided to attack me , without any justification I might add, is that you dislike what you perceive to be my politics. Or maybe I slapped you around at school, or something, who knows. The point is, you started this back and forth shite for reasons unknown and you continue to come back an embarrass yourself even further.

It's amusing that I started a thread about Jordan Peterson. What a cretinous attempt at a put down !

And if you think I am wrong about something, and I frequently am, please give a valid reason, not some infantile deliberate misrepresentation of what I said in another thread.

footloose onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:14 pm 

Ruprecht wrote:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I would have expected a much richer level of rhetoric, e.g. much thinner on presumptuous ad hominems, from a fan of Robert Anton Wilson. Throwing stones is easy, building arguments less so: if you're not willing to put in the effort for the latter, please also spare us the former.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:46 pm 

Kev, would you recommend starting with the book or stuff I'd find on YouTube. This thread has my interest piqued. I always considered myself quite liberal but in recent times I find myself, not necessarily becoming conservative, but finding myself at odds to some extent with the more liberal left.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:57 pm 

If you are more interested in the socio-cultural arguments he makes, then his YouTube lectures are a good place to start. There are hours upon hours uploaded.

Like some of the others mentioned, there are also umpteen hours of him debating people or being interviewed, the one with Ben Shapiro is excellent. Some of the others, schadenfraude stuff altogether, basically him roasting ill prepared and obnoxious rhetoriticians.

The book is more about herting the best out of yourself, improving your lot. I think Andy grasped the key notions very well in his post a few pages back. I loved it personally, although I was in an extremely self deprecating moment at the time I was reading it, Eoin. Still, he's a fine writer, and the breadth of his scholarship may not impress the bould Chris, but it certainly struck a chord with a 'simpleton' like me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:59 pm 

ollkiller wrote:
mickO))) wrote:
The PC culture in Canada is out of control and Toronto in particular is a PC hellhole.

In what specific ways. Just curious?

Regards Mr Peterson I've only heard a 2 minute clip before so will check up on what he's like.

https://youtu.be/2Y70Q6tQQmw?t=140

That's just the tip of the ice berg and the more lighter side of what is going on. I had a novel sized response typed out but I don't want to start debating on here.

Justin Trudeau would literally drink a glass of semen just to prove how progressive he is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:02 pm 

Justin Trudeau...Words fail me. The most cringeworthy politician, let alone prime minister I've ever come across. That 'peoplekind' thing? If you saw the video without knowing anything about the man, you'd never guess it wasn't a pisstake.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 pm 

Caomhaoin wrote:
Justin Trudeau...Words fail me. The most cringeworthy politician, let alone prime minister I've ever come across. That 'peoplekind' thing? If you saw the video without knowing anything about the man, you'd never guess it wasn't a pisstake.

Peoplekind was included in my novel response :lol: . I honestly think he is just a puppet reading from a script if you watch any of his interviews or press conferences he clearly hasn't a brain cell in his head. I have gone beyond hating him to the point of just laughing at everything he says but at the same time he is the man who is in control of my tax dollars. If he gets a second term next year after the federal elections I will be moving back home.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:25 pm 

I love watching Gavin McInnes taking the piss out of him. Gas.

A certain degree of political correctness is appropriate, you know, but this fool? It's so extreme, so limp wristed. Nauseating. Jordan Peterson points out quite frequently that although 80% of the elected politicians in the Canadian parliament are men, yet he insisted on making his cabinet 50/50 male/female. To hell with a meritocracy when you can have hyper-inclusivity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:32 pm 

I know fuck all about him and zero about his policies, but the photos of him in fancy dress are fucking hilarious. I hope he comes to Ireland and dresses up as a leprechaun to honour us.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:33 pm 

mickO))) wrote:
Caomhaoin wrote:

Peoplekind was included in my novel response

Ya, it's exactly this kinda craic, with PC going way too far, that has pushed me the other way. And I'd like be able to engage with stuff that vocalises, better than me, where I'm coming from.

I have my "world view", in so far as it goes, and I don't necessarily need it challenged, I just want an interesting slant on things that kind of goes against the grain of what seems to be perpetuated in the media, social or otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:37 pm 

Caomhaoin wrote:
I love watching Gavin McInnes taking the piss out of him. Gas.

A certain degree of political correctness is appropriate, you know, but this fool? It's so extreme, so limp wristed. Nauseating. Jordan Peterson points out quite frequently that although 80% of the elected politicians in the Canadian parliament are men, yet he insisted on making his cabinet 50/50 male/female. To hell with a meritocracy when you can have hyper-inclusivity.

The whole 50/50 was one of the first moves he made in office he doesn't seem to care who is most qualified for the job.

McInnes is brilliant. I remember seeing a video were he said he knew someone who went camping with Trudeau years ago and apparently Trudeau refused to let anyone light a fire because of the carbon footprint it would leave :lol: .

Eoin McLove wrote:
I know fuck all about him and zero about his policies, but the photos of him in fancy dress are fucking hilarious. I hope he comes to Ireland and dresses up as a leprechaun to honour us.

He came to Ireland around this time last year it was just before he gave $10 million dollar payout to the Al-Qaeda member.
According to the Canadian media the Irish public were "gushing" over Trudeau.

Another big thing with Trudeau is his socks.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next