Back
  Meatloaf to tour (sorta)

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:27 pm 

This sort of reminds me of the Roger Waters gig in the Aviva. I'd been to the one in the point and a few of us went to the Aviva one because it had "been updated for an outdoor venue" - the totally of which if I remember right is a prop plane goes down a zipline towards the stage.

Between the years of the show Waters performed less and less of the show and had passed off his duties to others.

footloose ´╗┐onstead heinous vermifugal newssheet
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:46 pm 

Thing On The Doorstep wrote:
Any other oul' farts remember Derek Davis and Twink parodying Dead Ringer on his variety show back in the day? I found it amusing at the time, can barely remember it now.

I remember this. And also like you, I too have not gone to see certain famous musical acts that played near to where I was living who I wasn't really into anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:52 pm 

From the sound of it we didn't miss much. I'd love to have seen him in his prime though, by all accounts he put on a serious show.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:24 am 

Cryptic Stench wrote:
We need a good Meatloaf tribute band.

Peat Loaf?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:32 am 

second gig I ever went to was Meat Loaf in 1990 in the Ulster Hall, he still had long hair back then. T'was a really brilliant gig what I still remember of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:30 pm 

Nice puns as ever - MI delivers. Like deliveroo

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3