Back
  Guitarists - What's your weapon of choice?

Page: Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:19 pm 

Cheers LM and skadk666...its looks like the Pacifica will be the one for me..although the LTD looks great...stupid question prob but can the whammy bar be easily removed from both? Can't see myself using it too much..my palm muting has gone to fook since I've started playing standing up and the whammy will only get in the way I suspect...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:25 pm 

It can indeed man, they just screw out!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:08 pm 

i'm selling an epiphone sg prophecy which would probably suit your needs better by the sounds of it if you're interested...

http://www.adverts.ie/electric-guitars/epiphone-sg-prophecy/8612212

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:53 pm 

For a lighter guitar than a Les Paul, I'd definitely go with some kind of superstrat made from anything other than mahogany, but just in case it's more of a weight distribution problem that you have with the Les Paul and not the actual weight itself, I'd highly recommend this:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/harley_benton_ ... _flame.htm

This is the guitar I'm using at the moment. For the price, I was willing enough to take the risk, and to be honest it's better than the mid-range Dean Hardtail I was using years back. Just make sure that if you get anything Harley Benton-related that it's got decent hardware with it and is generally their more expensive models.

The Wilkinson pickups are great, but a little too bright for the style I'm playing (Sludge/Doom). They're pretty much perfect for things like Rock, Heavy Metal and maybe Thrash though. I might switch them out at some stage for something darker.

What's the SG made of, Locks? I'd probably have taken that guitar off your hands if I had the spare cash and lived in Dublin.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:51 pm 

It's mahogany, nice and slim sg body keeps it nice and light though! really is a great guitar, i'll be sad to see it go but Vancouver is beckoning so everything has to go!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:29 pm 

the Prophecy range are absolutely unbelievable guitars, no question. I had one fo the explorers, the Futura EX. Stunning build quality

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:20 pm 

Got my replacement Adrian Smith sdx today, this one is perfect. After a setup, plays very nice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:15 pm 

They must have sent it.... A.S.A.P. :D

Yeah, leaving the hall as we speak.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:29 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
valedictionkev wrote:
Got a set of 7 String Aftermath humbuckers, going to get them setup next week - can't wait!

Have EMGs in there at the moment so bit of work switching from active to passive.

Keeping the duncan blackouts in the other guitar, prefer them to the EMGs.

Have an Aftermath in the bridge position in my RG7621. Also had a set in my 7321. Amazing pickups. So tight and clear. Some say they can be a little too much in the highs and mids but I've never had any issues with them. Would gladly kit out all my guitars with them too!

I got Gerry from Haze Guitars (Recommend him btw!) to install them for me, I'm pretty terrible with any hardware!

Did a little recording with them with reaper, as you said, very tight and clear! I'll try do a more death metal snippet to show it off more ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2aEU_KPJ6s

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:31 pm 

Sounding good man! Nice a clear and lovely even tone to these ears!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:41 am 

bit of thread necromancy but now that I've settled on them I thought I'd give the rundown on the two guitars I'm using live atm. Both are custom modded and finished Jacksons, one RR and one KV. Both have the same finish, matte red with black bevelling and are strung through body bolt-ons. Closest I'm ever gonna get to signature models! :lol:

Rhoads:

24 fret maple neck, sharktooth inlays, rosewood board
Alder body
Grover Rotomatic 18:1 tuners
Graphtec nut
Tonepros bridge
Switchraft Electrics
Duncan AHB1 Blackout set (neck and bridge)
CTS pots, Vol/Vol/Tone

KV:

24 fret maple neck, sharktooth inlays, rosewood board
Alder body
Locking Tuners
Graphite nut
Tonepros bridge
Single Duncan LiveWire at bridge (neck cavity filled) running at 18V
Single 100K CTS volume pot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:39 am 

I'd love to get one of these PRS S2 Standards, anyone here ever played one ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:49 am 

Finally due to get my Les Paul back from repair now and I can't wait. Looking at picking up a second guitar later in the year and am torn between a Yamaha Revstar and one of the Reverend Sensei Ra's. The Yamaha's are easier/cheaper to find here but that Reverend makes me drool..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:08 pm 

Recently picked up a Squier Tele in Some Neck and stuck a pair of Deacci P90s in it. Really happy with this set up now.

Page: Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33