Back
  Guitarists - What's your weapon of choice?

Page: Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:35 am 

evil crawling i wrote:
He's using the Fishman Fluence pickups now.

Devin Townsend moving to those as well after years on EMG. Last I heard he was working on a signature pickup with them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:22 am 

The Fluence seems to be picking up steam, have heard of quite a few guys moving to them after being with EMG long-term.

I recently ditched my beloved EMGs myself after two years of using nothing else, back on a Duncan jag now. My Rhoads has a pair of matched JBs, my black V has a set of first-generation LiveWires (the ones the Blackout were based on) and I’m eyeing a 59/Dimebucker set for my other KV.

One thing EMG really have over Duncans is the quick-connect setup though, its a stroke of genius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:28 pm 

Got a set of 7 String Aftermath humbuckers, going to get them setup next week - can't wait!

Have EMGs in there at the moment so bit of work switching from active to passive.

Keeping the duncan blackouts in the other guitar, prefer them to the EMGs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:29 pm 

This arrived yesterday.

On its way back to thoman now as the neck was not attatched correctly..will see if the replacement is any better

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 pm 

Adrian Smith sig? Nice. Is the neck profile like the Charvel Pro Mods or something different?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:28 pm 

New Yammy, 81 SG1000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:32 pm 

That is fucking gorgeous. I really want to nab an old Yamaha SG at some point, amazing guitars.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:32 pm 

valedictionkev wrote:
Got a set of 7 String Aftermath humbuckers, going to get them setup next week - can't wait!

Have EMGs in there at the moment so bit of work switching from active to passive.

Keeping the duncan blackouts in the other guitar, prefer them to the EMGs.

Have an Aftermath in the bridge position in my RG7621. Also had a set in my 7321. Amazing pickups. So tight and clear. Some say they can be a little too much in the highs and mids but I've never had any issues with them. Would gladly kit out all my guitars with them too!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:22 pm 

Hi All, I hear a bit about these Yahama Pacificas....I'm looking for decent cheap n cheerful Strat type guitar...and these look decent...anyone familiar with em or recommendations on a budget model?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:26 pm 

in that price range, if its a traditional strat you're after, there's none better. if you're after a super-strat in the same price backet, an LTD M-50 is your only man.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:36 pm 

Leather Mike wrote:
in that price range, if its a traditional strat you're after, there's none better. if you're after a super-strat in the same price backet, an LTD M-50 is your only man.

LM.....sound wise what would the main difference between the two? Is the LTD more for gain/overdriven tones?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:40 pm 

Not so much, it basically comes down to whether you want the traditional strat pickup set (although quite a few of the Pacificas come with a humbucker in the bridge) and the M50 has a 24-fret neck.

Both are solid guitars, of that there is no question at all.

What sort of music/guitar players are you into and what’s your budget?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:50 pm 

Leather Mike wrote:
Not so much, it basically comes down to whether you want the traditional strat pickup set (although quite a few of the Pacificas come with a humbucker in the bridge) and the M50 has a 24-fret neck.

Both are solid guitars, of that there is no question at all.

What sort of music/guitar players are you into and what’s your budget?

Basic hard rock tones LM....Gary Moore, Steve Stevens, AD/DC....my current guitar is a Les Paul which is heavy as fook...looking for something lighter for standing practice when my back is acting up and just a different shape from the LP.....also something which I wont be too bothered about if i take a chunk out of it.....budget €150-250....all my other dosh is earmarked for tiling the kitchen floor!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:01 pm 

Des, X-Music have a lovely Pacifica online at the moment. You should have no issues playing the stuff you want on it and they are really nice playing guitars!

http://www.xmusic.ie/PACIFICA-112-YELLOW-NATURAL.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:09 pm 

I'd say an M50 or something like that, or possibly a BC Rich ASM 1, would suit.

The below (a jackson dinky) is a really good guitar for the money and has the added bonus of looking sexy as hell, but may be a little out of your price range

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/jackson-js32-di ... tAodJiIPyg

Of course, if you don't mind going second hand, with the market being what it is at the minute you could get a very decent Dinky for that price, if you aren't adverse to Jacksons

Page: Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next