Back
  Guitar Gear Set-Ups

Page: Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:54 am 

Do you not have a dedicated switching device? You know like a 3 person staff working 8 hour shifts.

How are you finding the H9.

Also how do those Metal Muffs compare to a RAT.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:10 am 

Andy82 wrote:
Do you not have a dedicated switching device? You know like a 3 person staff working 8 hour shifts.

How are you finding the H9.

Also how do those Metal Muffs compare to a RAT.

No switch, these only ever get home use so it's not the end of the world if I have to jump around a little. I did see a Behringer MIDI control board on adverts.ie but apparently the programming on those is a balls and there's already bypass issues with the OM so I'll hold off for now.

Liking the H9 a lot but largely due to the app. It's exactly what you would want it to be. Bluetooth connection works like a dream, no messing around with MIDI cables. Within 20 seconds, the app had picked it up, updated firmware and I was good to go. Distortion sounds don't really hold up compared to dedicated pedals but for everything else, it's incredible. Still going through the presets as there's around 500 to play with. Stumbled on a warped vinyl patch last night that had me noodling around for about 2 hours :D

Never played a Rat so can't really compare but I like the Metal Muff. Seems tighter than the old Boss MT2 I had..if that makes sense. I'm sure there's much better distortion pedals out there...saw Ciaran from Bad Rep recommend the Little Bear r.attack pedals which aren't overly expensive ($45 on aliexpress) so might take a punt on one of those at some stage.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:29 am 

Isn't it high time you started recording now :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:21 am 

Emphyrio wrote:
Isn't it high time you started recording now :lol:

Absolutely zero interest in that side of things. Happy out just noodling and playing around with gear.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:26 pm 

Lots of gear to be bought for recording stuff. Just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:34 pm 

Andy82 wrote:
Lots of gear to be bought for recording stuff. Just saying.

I'm listening.... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:46 pm 

If I'd that gear I'd just open a bottle of wine, Reaper/Cubase and go nuts. I'm totally jealous.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:09 pm 

Emphyrio wrote:
If I'd that gear I'd just open a bottle of wine, Reaper/Cubase and go nuts. I'm totally jealous.

Think you'd enjoy the Mobius and H9. You could spend days just flicking through presets and that's before you ever start editing patches. OM is its own box of trouble but as it's Devin Townsend related, I'm contractually obliged to keep it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:20 pm 

I think I'm ok for a while! It could end badly if I start investigating...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:42 pm 

First foray into cheap knock off pedals. Ordered a tube screamer clone. Switch to go between a Ts9 & Ts808.
http://s.aliexpress.com/IVVZBneQ

Can't complain at €22 quid.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:19 am 

makeshift atomsmasher wrote:
First foray into cheap knock off pedals. Ordered a tube screamer clone. Switch to go between a Ts9 & Ts808.

Looks nifty. Keep us posted. Always wondered about the quality of the stuff you'd see on Aliexpress.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:12 am 

This is my setup now

The Eleven is feeding ProTools and I'm using that on its own for most things. I have the Engl pre going into one of the line-in channels of the Eleven and the Palmer is going into the other line-in channel. I am running the Fryette and the Ampeg VH140C amps into the Palmer. I can run them through all the Eleven effects and stuff or I can run them dry and just use the Eleven as an amp and, best of all, can do everything through headphones so I can fuck about at night without disturbing anyone.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:02 pm 

makeshift atomsmasher wrote:

Joyo are meant to be pretty good for the price as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:42 pm 

Another re-jig after new toys. Not a chance I'll have all the patch leads I'll need.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:29 pm 

When do you get the spacesuit? :D

Page: Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next