Back
  Guitar Gear Set-Ups

Page: Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:11 pm 

spoderman01 wrote:
Took a bit of time yesterday to get everything lined up and finally fastened the pedals to the new board with the plates. Was short a few so the H9's and Dirty Robot aren't stuck yet but the rest are and seem very solid. Gonna make the cabling side of things a bit easier when you can flip it on the side without worrying about them all sliding off.

Very impressive. It must weigh quite a lot now?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:39 pm 

Juggz wrote:
Very impressive. It must weigh quite a lot now?

Not too bad at the mo but by the time the cabling is all done, the new pedal is on and the power supplies are added, it'll prob be fairly bulky alright. But it never leaves the room anyway so that side of things isn't a concern really.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:53 pm 

Here's my pedalboard since a few of you posted yours. The cabling needs to be tidied and I might move the gate and a few other pedals around but I'm pretty happy with the setup. The front row goes into the front end of the amp and the back row goes to the effects loop. The order goes right to left for both. For gigs I run that into a 5150 head.
https://imgur.com/a/7gyq0eM
( Not sure how to embed the image, been ages since I posted!)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:24 am 

demeyes wrote:
Here's my pedalboard since a few of you posted yours. The cabling needs to be tidied and I might move the gate and a few other pedals around but I'm pretty happy with the setup. The front row goes into the front end of the amp and the back row goes to the effects loop. The order goes right to left for both. For gigs I run that into a 5150 head.
( Not sure how to embed the image, been ages since I posted!)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:38 pm 

Had first practice with new set up last night. The chain ts9 ( clone)-Tightmetal-Quitter 45 powerblock- 4x12 cab was very noisey. Would running a noise suppressor in Tightmetal loop do anything, or putting it in the chain somewhere?
We play Grind/Powerviolence stuff, so it should be hi gain & with feedback, but this was still going on, when put on tuner.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 11:22 pm 

Stacking dirt pedals can often cause this kinda thing. You could run the ts9 and tightmetal in the loop of an NS-2 to sort it out.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:14 am 

I'll give that a shot, thanks. The other chain, was noticeably less noisey. But all gain on that was Amt E2 into effects return on Joyo.

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 7:54 pm 

Getting my Fender Baja Telecaster back on Saturday. Didn't have it long but the hum from the single coils was bothering me so it's after having some copper shielding added which was then grounded and apparently she's quiet as a mouse now. Couple of the Schecters went in for a tidy up as well so I'll be back to full compliment.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:38 am 

makeshift atomsmasher wrote:
Had first practice with new set up last night. The chain ts9 ( clone)-Tightmetal-Quitter 45 powerblock- 4x12 cab was very noisey. Would running a noise suppressor in Tightmetal loop do anything, or putting it in the chain somewhere?
We play Grind/Powerviolence stuff, so it should be hi gain & with feedback, but this was still going on, when put on tuner.
Thanks.

What's the craic with the new band Steo?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:18 pm 

I started running my rig in stereo when possible. I use the Big Sky in stereo with one side running through my Ditto looper and the other through my boost. The Left side goes back to the Orange Rockerverb 50 effects return and the Right goes to an EHX Magnum 44. Sounds pretty huge and it's great to have the loop only on one side for clarity.

Here's just the pedals.

I run the floor midi controller into a Moog Minitaur which I've got going through a Big Muff, a Moose delay and an EHX Holy grail. I DI this and get it back in the monitor.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:52 pm 

if6was9 wrote:

I started running my rig in stereo when possible. I use the Big Sky in stereo with one side running through my Ditto looper and the other through my boost. The Left side goes back to the Orange Rockerverb 50 effects return and the Right goes to an EHX Magnum 44. Sounds pretty huge and it's great to have the loop only on one side for clarity.

Here's just the pedals.

I run the floor midi controller into a Moog Minitaur which I've got going through a Big Muff, a Moose delay and an EHX Holy grail. I DI this and get it back in the monitor.

That's a tasty set up. Do you play lines or drones with the Minitaur?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:59 pm 

Drones and slow lines mostly! It's pretty intuitive doing both guitar and the synth but I've not gigged it yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:17 pm 

Sweet!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 am 

Came across something kinda cool last night.

I had decided to go 4-cable-method and stick the modulation, delay and reverb loops of my switcher into the FX loop of the amp. The switcher has a dedicated volume loop that can act as a send/return but because you can program the order of the loops per preset, you can move the position of the volume loop and thereby shift the point at which you want the pedals to start going through the FX loop. All without having to do anything with cables. Pretty nifty.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:03 pm 

Going to be completing my guitar collection over the next few weeks, after a very rough period of 12-18 months in which i bought virtually nothing. When i'm done, (and i swear this time i AM done) the hoard will comprise of -

Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Custom, black, Gibson 490R/498T (USA)
Jackson “ML Custom” KV (rebuilt KVX10, one pickup, master vol), red w/black bevel – SD LiveWire 18v (Jpn)
Jackson RR5 Pro, black/gold, SD 59/JB (Jpn)
Jackson PDX2 “Demmelition”, Red w/black bevel, SD Dimebucker/59 (Jpn)
Epiphone Futura Prophecy Ex, Red, EMG 81/85 (Kor)
LTD Ninja 600, Black, SD JB/Jazz (Kor)
LTD V401FM, Red, EMG 81/85 (Jpn)
Harley Benton SC Custom Active, white, Madison active set (Ind)

Any/all of the above running into a Fractal AFX w/ Palmer power amp, modelling a blended Triple Rec and 5150ii

Last edited by Leather Mike on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Page: Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next