Back
  Basic i.e. cheap/foolproof home recording studio set-up

Page: Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:50 am 

Emphyrio wrote:
On my home recordings I've been using Guitar rig, which is grand but lately I've been thinking of replacing those guitars with an actual amp. How do I go about this without needing to mic up a cab and blast my neighbours out of it?

There's a speaker off option on the Metal Master. Could do that and hook the line out straight to an interface. Apparently the line-out has a speaker simulation anyway so you don't necessarily need a separate cab sim.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:16 am 

roast wrote:
Emphyrio wrote:
On my home recordings I've been using Guitar rig, which is grand but lately I've been thinking of replacing those guitars with an actual amp. How do I go about this without needing to mic up a cab and blast my neighbours out of it?

There's a speaker off option on the Metal Master. Could do that and hook the line out straight to an interface. Apparently the line-out has a speaker simulation anyway so you don't necessarily need a separate cab sim.

Aye, Initially I was looking at amps that had that feature I just spent a bit more time with Guitar Rig. I realised for demo purposes there's no real need to be overly fussy. Once the gist of it comes across. The main problem lies with my mixing abilities haha

Page: Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8