Back
  Boss Hm-2 vs Berhinger Hm-300

Page: Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:48 pm 

pentagrimes wrote:
The HM2 has fallen out of favour then it seems?

Funny, I've actually come back to mine recently. Was too muddy for the stuff I was playing a few months ago but I'm deliberately writing murkier stuff now and it suits it really nicely.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:07 pm 

Bought the Behringer before Christmas but have no need for it so up for grabs if anyone wants it. Paid 35 including shipping so that or nearest offer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:37 pm 

I saw a post by Kurt at GodCity studios and Dunwich amps designed a cool "no knobs" version of the HM2. I think it had trim pots to adjust the frequency response inside it and it wasn't set with "everything on 11" but the short instagram demo sounded great.

Would that be a hard thing to do moose? With Coldwar gone now, I'm toying with the idea of starting something involving the HM2 sound and that might be a pretty nifty thing to have either way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:52 pm 

Dave G. wrote:
I saw a post by Kurt at GodCity studios and Dunwich amps designed a cool "no knobs" version of the HM2. I think it had trim pots to adjust the frequency response inside it and it wasn't set with "everything on 11" but the short instagram demo sounded great.

Would that be a hard thing to do moose? With Coldwar gone now, I'm toying with the idea of starting something involving the HM2 sound and that might be a pretty nifty thing to have either way.

Being good mates with Dunwich (he does my pcb design and helps me with the heavy maths) it's a bit more than a no knobs HM2. It has an all pass filter on the second switch which is also tuned exactly to Kurt's tastes. All very clever shit.

That said I still have a bunch of HM2 pcbs so can tweak away to whatever frequency response you want and do trim-pots inside instead of outer pots if that's what you're after. Not sure on the all pass filter though. Nick explained it to me but I barely understand it tbh. If ya want to call over we could go through what you're wanting to achieve.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:21 pm 

I want a HM-2 again. Sick I sold my Dunwich! :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:33 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
I want a HM-2 again. Sick I sold my Dunwich! :P

You should always keep a backup for when you get the itch! :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:17 am 

I know right? Seriously kicking myself here.

Will pick up a cheap copy or maybe just a Taiwanese made one online soon, keep it on the board anyway!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:04 am 

skadk666 wrote:

Will pick up a cheap copy or maybe just a Taiwanese made one online soon, keep it on the board anyway!

Still got that Behringer if ya want it or can build ya one. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:10 am 

moose wrote:
skadk666 wrote:

Hmm.. I do like the idea of having one built! Price? Also, how small could you make it? :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:26 pm 

skadk666 wrote:
moose wrote:
skadk666 wrote:

Hmm.. I do like the idea of having one built! Price? Also, how small could you make it? :P

I'll PM ya.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:37 am 

Pretty cool article...

http://guitariste-metal.fr/boss-hm-2-pedal/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:20 pm 

Can't believe I didn't suss this before but I ran a cheap fuzzface clone I have at home into a Rat last night, and it got the HM2 sound with a lot more fullness.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:27 pm 

Seems to be yet another wave of new HM2 clone/ inspired type things on the way in the last few days. The KMA Machines Wurm is the first one I've seen that looks like it might be interesting enough in ways beyond the straight up Swedeath sound with a taster video that's actually at a fairly low gain setting, so I'd be curious about that, and Earthbound Audio have something called the Throat Locust in the running which is their take.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:39 am 

The Earthbound looks interesting in that they're adding a parametric mids control rather than just separating out the mids that are in circuit.

Walrus looks a bit dull and a bit late to the bandwagon hopping. Still watching the Lone Wolf guy claim his is better just because it has more knobs is fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:38 pm 

Yeah I'm interested in the Earhtbound stuff generally. Kicking myself for missing out on the Iron Pig, and I wouldn't mind a go on the Pale Mare.

Walrus can fuck off. That'll be stupidly overpriced like all their other stuff.

Page: Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next